What's For Dinner?
(10-30-2017, 06:07 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Rosemary, Dijon mustard, and maple syrup.
That doesn't sound good.
Since you brought up chicken, we were having a discussion over on FB about the best fried chicken in the valley. I contend that there isn't any, at least that I know of. Everyone kept saying Albertsons or Winco but those aren't pan fried.
I'd consider them broasted. Is there anyplace that knows what they're doing?

KFC?   Big Grin
(10-30-2017, 06:07 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Rosemary, Dijon mustard, and maple syrup.
That doesn't sound good.
Since you brought up chicken, we were having a discussion over on FB about the best fried chicken in the valley. I contend that there isn't any, at least that I know of. Everyone kept saying Albertsons or Winco but those aren't pan fried.
I'd consider them broasted. Is there anyplace that knows what they're doing?

I  have no input on this. Laughing
We don't even have any good FF chicken. Popeyes, El Polo Loco, and  Chik-Fil-a, to name a few.
(10-30-2017, 05:58 PM)GCG Wrote: You do realize that "chicken and waffles" is a thing these days. Not for me, tyvm.

I've never tried it either, but I assumed if there was a sauce it would be spicy and not involve maple syrup. Thanks for the warning...
(10-30-2017, 06:20 PM)bbqboy Wrote: We don't even have any good FF chicken. Popeyes, El Polo Loco, and  Chik-Fil-a, to name a few.

Is there really such a thing as good FF chicken?
(10-30-2017, 06:03 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 05:53 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 05:34 PM)GCG Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 05:49 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 06:04 PM)GCG Wrote: PUI warning!

So my wife is working tonight. She almost never works at night. But, bless her heart, she pre-made dinner for me. All I had to do is bake it for awhile. But she was so excited for me to try out this new recipe that she prepared it before she left for work. So I didn't even have to do anything besides eat. It turns out that eating it was the hardest part. I mean it was NASTY! What's left is over there on the counter. She asked me to wait for it to cool down then put the what's left in the fridge. I don't want to waste any electricity on keeping it edible. It's too late for that. It was never edible. I know the easy answer is to just toss it and claim that I ate it. But that's a fool's move. Then I run the risk of having her make it again. On the other hand I could do as she asks and save it. But then I might have it served up as leftovers. No thank you! I guess I could just toss it and tell her it sucked. That's probably the wise move. She's entering menopause. I'm going to be in trouble no matter what I do. Problem solved. Thanks for your help.
I want to know what it was.

It was some kind of chicken baked in some sort of sauce. As you may have surmised, I tend to embellish a little now and then. Okay, I am a dirty liar. But, to be clear, this was not my wife's best effort and I hope she never serves it again. I don't know what it was and I'm not sure how to ask without tipping her off that I'm whining about it online. 

Okay, I just up and aksed her about it. I even told her I was warning people not to ever make it. Here is is:

http://www.auntbeesrecipes.com/2014/02/n...icken.html

She told me that she Googled "best baked chicken" but the truth is revealed in the url  Laughing check it out: http://www.auntbeesrecipes.com/2014/02/not-worlds-best-baked-chicken.html

ANYTHING with maple syrup besides pancakes and waffles sucks. The url is a classic....

You know I've never had waffles and chicken. Sounds weird. But, it's probably due in part to not really liking American Fried Chicken.

Makes sense.
(10-30-2017, 07:27 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 05:49 PM)Juniper Wrote: I want to know what it was.

It was some kind of chicken baked in some sort of sauce. As you may have surmised, I tend to embellish a little now and then. Okay, I am a dirty liar. But, to be clear, this was not my wife's best effort and I hope she never serves it again. I don't know what it was and I'm not sure how to ask without tipping her off that I'm whining about it online. 

Okay, I just up and aksed her about it. I even told her I was warning people not to ever make it. Here is is:

She told me that she Googled "best baked chicken" but the truth is revealed in the url  Laughing check it out: http://www.auntbeesrecipes.com/2014/02/not-worlds-best-baked-chicken.html

ANYTHING with maple syrup besides pancakes and waffles sucks. The url is a classic....

You know I've never had waffles and chicken. Sounds weird. But, it's probably due in part to not really liking American Fried Chicken.

Makes sense.
I thought so too, 'cause if there is anything I hate it's Canadian fried chicken.
(10-30-2017, 06:49 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-30-2017, 06:20 PM)bbqboy Wrote: We don't even have any good FF chicken. Popeyes, El Polo Loco, and  Chik-Fil-a, to name a few.

Is there really such a thing as good FF chicken?
Don't be silly. Of course there is. You're just culturally deprived for being a West coast kinds girl.
(10-30-2017, 07:27 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 05:49 PM)Juniper Wrote: I want to know what it was.

Makes sense.

Wow, that was reaching.  Try harder.  You ain't got nuttin' honey.
Since I'm dishing the AMERICAN cuisine, how about some nice [Image: 2d9d94e2-7b95-4e7a-b2cb-60168cbcffd2_1.b...nBg=FFFFFF]
An inexpensive steak marinated in the Moroccan Harissa paste. A tad overcooked and under rested, but very tasty. No I didn't eat all three. Two were chopped up for tacos. Smiling

[Image: 20171026_184705.jpg]
Moroccan tacos. Larry will call you a Mexican Muslim next.
(10-31-2017, 06:42 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Moroccan tacos. Larry will call you a Mexican Muslim next.

My guess is that should you ever meet Hugo in a bar he will pull you outside by the ear and spank you.  Laughing
(10-31-2017, 03:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 06:42 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Moroccan tacos. Larry will call you a Mexican Muslim next.

My guess is that should you ever meet Hugo in a bar he will pull you outside by the ear and spank you.  Laughing

What the fuck is BBQ's obsession with me?  Why does he bring me up in every fucking topic on this site?

I do my best to not read his babble but when two in one day get quoted, where i have had ZERO to do with, i have to wonder if he is full blown nut job.
(10-31-2017, 04:41 PM)Hugo Wrote:

What the fuck is BBQ's obsession with me?  Why does he bring me up in every fucking topic on this site?

I do my best to not read his babble but when two in one day get quoted, where i have had ZERO to do with, i have to wonder if he is full blown nut job.
Beats me. He's on my ass like white on rice too, but I guess I'm a least a bit responsible because I respond when I should ignore him.
He's been very sick. I think mostly recovered (?), but still...
Do we give him slack for that? 
Whatever:  Wink
Tangy Down Home Pork Chops... I'm serving it with Mashed Potatoes and Sweet Gingered Carrots.
I've gotten involved in doing "Dream Dinners" lately... tonight's entire meal was prepped at Dream Dinners, then was under 20 minutes from fridge to table.

[Image: 61c913ecb427e46fb267c8f1684ccaf5.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(10-31-2017, 06:11 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Beats me. He's on my ass like white on rice too, but I guess I'm a least a bit responsible because I respond when I should ignore him.
Really funny shit there. Larry hates anyone lesser than him and a WC GO is sure to be chock full of his leaders. 
The 2 most self absorbed arrogant delusional posters deserve no less.
Have a great day, chumps.
(11-01-2017, 07:58 AM)bbqboy Wrote:

Really funny shit there. Larry hates anyone lesser than him and a WC GO is sure to be chock full of his leaders. 
Maybe you shouldn't post until you are fully awake.
(11-01-2017, 08:08 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 03:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: My guess is that should you ever meet Hugo in a bar he will pull you outside by the ear and spank you.  Laughing

Jesus H. Christ.  WTF?  I lived in White City for 26 years.  Losing Shop N Kart was a great loss for the community, and forced most people to Wal Mart in Eagle Point or a trip to Medford for basic necessities.  If I still lived there, I would be damn HAPPY they were opening another grocery store.

"Larry hates anyone lesser than him".  I don't consider myself better than anyone, or anyone worse than me, in the vein of being human.  I can do things some can't, and many can do things I can't, that is also being human.  No, my dislike for some people isn't because I think I'm better than them, it's because they are worthless dickheads like BBQ.
(11-01-2017, 11:10 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 08:08 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 04:41 PM)Hugo Wrote: What the fuck is BBQ's obsession with me?  Why does he bring me up in every fucking topic on this site?

Jesus H. Christ.  WTF?  I lived in White City for 26 years.  Losing Shop N Kart was a great loss for the community, and forced most people to Wal Mart in Eagle Point or a trip to Medford for basic necessities.  If I still lived there, I would be damn HAPPY they were opening another grocery store.

"Larry hates anyone lesser than him".  I don't consider myself better than anyone, or anyone worse than me, in the vein of being human.  I can do things some can't, and many can do things I can't, that is also being human.  No, my dislike for some people isn't because I think I'm better than them, it's because they are worthless dickheads like BBQ.

Laughing Laughing