Missing 13 Year Old Girl
Good point RL . Maybe there was some sexual abuse going on at home .
(08-26-2011, 03:28 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: Good point RL . Maybe there was some sexual abuse going on at home .

Useless speculation. She may just be a defiant teenager.
Maybe she was raised by Pentecostals and now ran off to join the circus. Blink
(08-26-2011, 04:17 PM)Larry Wrote:
(08-26-2011, 03:28 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: Good point RL . Maybe there was some sexual abuse going on at home .

Just throwing it out there Larry , I am inclined to her being defiant myself . That left eye covered with the hair is saying something.Laughing

(08-26-2011, 04:17 PM)Larry Wrote:

Yeah , that would be most likely, she is right at that age.
(08-26-2011, 02:23 PM)BeerMe Wrote: This IS an abduction. A 21 year old with a 13 year old? Are you guys seriously OK with this? Unreal.

UM no it is not an abduction.........

ab·duct (b-dkt)
tr.v. ab·duct·ed, ab·duct·ing, ab·ducts
1. To carry off by force; kidnap.
1. the act of taking someone away by force or cunning; kidnapping

And no I don't think anyone is OK with it, no one said so anyway.
(08-26-2011, 01:32 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(08-26-2011, 01:20 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: If your going to cut that guys face in half and look for a aha might as well do it with the teenager as well .

Good lord. Blink
Yeah... cuz even though she's just a child that is not capable of making good decisions yet... she probably asked for it! Eh, JC?!?! :wacko:
Friggin' whack-a-doodle! Thumbs Down If there is a Satan, I think he might be a lot like you. Evil

That was a rather literal analysis of the post.:wacko:
(08-26-2011, 01:39 PM)Larry Wrote: I don't think it's an abduction. That makes no difference in the face of the law when this young man is caught, but it does make a difference in a "give a shit" sense. If she were abducted and we all feared her life was in imminent danger, I am certain this topic would have gained more ground. But a runaway teen with her boyfriend? Hard to care too much.

Boyfriend? What part of "valid stalking order prohibiting contact" don't you get? Do you have a daughter? Cheese and Crackers. Dry
(08-26-2011, 02:59 PM)Larry Wrote:
(08-26-2011, 02:23 PM)BeerMe Wrote: This IS an abduction. A 21 year old with a 13 year old? Are you guys seriously OK with this? Unreal.

As I said, under the eyes of the LAW, it will be handled as an abduction when they are caught. The FACTS on the actual event point toward a runaway and her boyfriend. The difference between the two is: Is the girl in any danger from the "abduction". Am I OK with it? As a father, of course I'm not OK with it. It just doesn't rise to the level "Dear God, I hope they find her alive."

No. The facts are... She is 13! The facts are... He had a valid stalking order prohibiting contact with her. PERIOD!
If any of you have daughters... I am truly sad for them.
(08-26-2011, 05:49 PM)Scrapper Wrote: If any of you have daughters... I am truly sad for them.

Who's "You"??

(08-26-2011, 05:45 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(08-26-2011, 01:39 PM)Larry Wrote: I don't think it's an abduction. That makes no difference in the face of the law when this young man is caught, but it does make a difference in a "give a shit" sense. If she were abducted and we all feared her life was in imminent danger, I am certain this topic would have gained more ground. But a runaway teen with her boyfriend? Hard to care too much.

Boyfriend? What part of "valid stalking order prohibiting contact" don't you get? Do you have a daughter? Cheese and Crackers. Dry

I have a wonderful, beautiful daughter who never got into this kind of situation. I also know of good parents whose daughters HAVE violated these types of orders (imposed by the parents) prohibiting contact.
(08-26-2011, 04:43 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Maybe she was raised by Pentecostals and now ran off to join the circus. Blink

That's my guess. I was raised by circus people and ran off to join the Pentecostals.

Many years I've been thinking of a place to call home
But I failed yet to find it so I must carry on
Don't want to build my life here on life's sinking sand
I want me a cabin in the corner of glory land.

All together now:

Lord build me just a cabin in the corner of glory land
Where I can hear the angels sing and shake Jesus hand
...and so one.

Tell ME I wasn't raised by holy rollers!

(08-26-2011, 05:51 PM)Larry Wrote:

I have a wonderful, beautiful daughter who never got into this kind of situation. I also know of good parents whose daughters HAVE violated these types of orders (imposed by the parents) prohibiting contact.

Just ask any Catholic girl.Wink
(08-26-2011, 05:49 PM)Scrapper Wrote: If any of you have daughters... I am truly sad for them.

Sad for my daughter? Retired at 26 (currently 29) living in a gated community. And she loves me to the end of the earth. We talk EVERY DAY.

I feel bad for her too...... Laughing
(08-26-2011, 05:50 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Who's "You"??

The men here that seem to believe this is no big deal. Dry
(08-26-2011, 05:53 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Thankfully, believe it or not, being raised in my house required no religion.... It was never imposed.
(08-26-2011, 03:08 PM)rainylady Wrote: What's so horrible that she is running away in the first place?

Blink

(08-26-2011, 05:55 PM)Larry Wrote:

Thankfully, believe it or not, being raised in my house required no religion.... It was never imposed.

I went to Catholic school. Most of the girls I knew, once out of that restrictive environment cut loose to the extreme, as if making up for lost time.
(08-26-2011, 05:56 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(08-26-2011, 05:55 PM)Larry Wrote:
(08-26-2011, 05:45 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Boyfriend? What part of "valid stalking order prohibiting contact" don't you get? Do you have a daughter? Cheese and Crackers. Dry

I went to Catholic school. Most of the girls I knew, once out of that restrictive environment cut loose to the extreme, as if making up for lost time.

So did all my sisters, in their own individual ways. When asked about religion, I encouraged my kids to find out for themselves. They each went to various churches with friends and formed their own opinions.