Missing 13 Year Old Girl
(08-26-2011, 07:27 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote:
(08-26-2011, 06:48 PM)broadzilla Wrote:
(08-26-2011, 06:36 PM)tvguy Wrote: Nice Tia, but don't worry about ire you'll get that from Scrappy no matter what you say.

BTW BZ, good words about the runaway kid and the 21 year old . Can you loan some of that reasoning ability to some others here?

Emotional impulsiveness should be a diagnosis in the DSM. I'm sure we could find some medications to help. Laughing

(Should I suggest a few?)
Sorry , prescribing Drugs for rebellious behavior is way to close to what Tranquilizers were used for initially that being treating dissidence . I am sure there are plenty of doctors willing to abuse their position and treat this girl chemically. There are also many that would chose intense narrative therapy and anything having to do with human to human behavior modification . I am interested BZ granted this young woman is on the extreme , but do you think horny teenagers who have become sexually active and enraged their parents should be considered for Chemical therapy ? My guess is enraged parents are willing to do anything especially if doctors say it is a good idea.
LOL! I was talking to TV about him wanting me to loan my reasoning ability to a few on this forum...why you made the jump to the 13 year old is beyond me?
(08-26-2011, 07:39 PM)broadzilla Wrote:
(08-26-2011, 07:27 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote:
(08-26-2011, 06:48 PM)broadzilla Wrote:
(08-26-2011, 06:36 PM)tvguy Wrote: Nice Tia, but don't worry about ire you'll get that from Scrappy no matter what you say.

BTW BZ, good words about the runaway kid and the 21 year old . Can you loan some of that reasoning ability to some others here?

Emotional impulsiveness should be a diagnosis in the DSM. I'm sure we could find some medications to help. Laughing

(Should I suggest a few?)
Sorry , prescribing Drugs for rebellious behavior is way to close to what Tranquilizers were used for initially that being treating dissidence . I am sure there are plenty of doctors willing to abuse their position and treat this girl chemically. There are also many that would chose intense narrative therapy and anything having to do with human to human behavior modification . I am interested BZ granted this young woman is on the extreme , but do you think horny teenagers who have become sexually active and enraged their parents should be considered for Chemical therapy ? My guess is enraged parents are willing to do anything especially if doctors say it is a good idea.
LOL! I was talking to TV about him wanting me to loan my reasoning ability to a few on this forum...why you made the jump to the 13 year old is beyond me?
Whatever .... I wont get mad I just wondered how you felt and what you think about people wanting to put people on drugs simply to make them behave.

(08-26-2011, 07:27 PM)Crone Wrote:
(08-26-2011, 06:26 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I risk the ire of certain members to say it, but I suspect those who are truly horrified by this are the same folks who sat, entranced, bewitched, horrified, daily, for the entire scenario, by the Casey Anthony spectacle,; tuning in nightly to the ambulance chaser Nancy Grace , sitting in disgusted, justified, indignance at the horrors of society and whatever blond haired, blue eyed tragedy she chooses to hightlight and exploit for her ratings.

I wasn't horrified, I am concerned. I don't watch Nancy Grace, either.

Crone, dear, where in my post did you read your name? It's up to whoever reads it if it applies to them.

(08-26-2011, 07:41 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: Whatever .... I wont get mad I just wondered how you felt and what you think about people wanting to put people on drugs simply to make them behave.

Only in extreme cases which are due to misfires in the brain...a lot of research, tests, and cognitive behavioral therapy should be used first. Medication is a last resort in my book.
Smiling
(08-26-2011, 07:59 PM)broadzilla Wrote:
(08-26-2011, 07:41 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: Whatever .... I wont get mad I just wondered how you felt and what you think about people wanting to put people on drugs simply to make them behave.

Only in extreme cases which are due to misfires in the brain...a lot of research, tests, and cognitive behavioral therapy should be used first. Medication is a last resort in my book.
Thank You BZ Smiling

(08-26-2011, 07:47 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Crone, dear, where in my post did you read your name? It's up to whoever reads it if it applies to them.

Well, I DID not only author the thread but I bumped it a few times. Wink
Good point. On both fronts.

It depends on where you are writing this book. I think the basic idea in prisons or jails is to medicate first and ask questions laterSmiling
Too bad a hell of a lot of our physicians take the same route.

It used to be .."take two aspirin and call me in the morning"

Now it's ... Take these 40 vicodens and call me if you need more"
I was in the trenches, with straight jackets and leather restraints. Then, along came the wonder drug "Thorazine". I might approve of a trial run of heroin. But, never poison. SSRI stands for something that means "Bullshit". The antipsychotics that do work, are a crime. Like I say...maybe heroin? Maybe just pot. Never anything from a formulary.
(08-26-2011, 08:02 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Good point. On both fronts.

What can I say? If I saw this little brat sitting in the Astro in front of a convenience store I would call 911.

I'm assuming her mama is really missing her...13 is so young. Sad
(08-26-2011, 08:07 PM)Crone Wrote:
(08-26-2011, 08:02 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Good point. On both fronts.

What can I say? If I saw this little brat sitting in the Astro in front of a convenience store I would call 911.

I'm assuming her mama is really missing her...13 is so young. Sad

I think everyone here agrees with that, and also would call 911.
(08-26-2011, 08:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:

It depends on where you are writing this book. I think the basic idea in prisons or jails is to medicate first and ask questions laterSmiling
Too bad a hell of a lot of our physicians take the same route.

It used to be .."take two aspirin and call me in the morning"

Now it's ... Take these 40 vicodens and call me if you need more"
More likely they will push some sort of psych medication on the patient .Once they develop these drugs they are actively looking for any other ways they can market the drug. Not only that but it is easy to be suckered into a line that the drug isn't addictive , what they wont come out straight and say is that going off the drug is at least as challenging as an addiction if not in some respects worse. So many doctors are way too submissive to drug companies , and it isn't only the wealthy ones , matter of fact the ones who are lower to mid level pay are more likely to rely on pimping drugs for the pharms than the big pay ones . Blood pressure drugs are over prescribed as well , if you don't stay fit to a minimum level your going to have a higher BP as you age. It dosn't take much effort to lower it even if you are chubby. .

well now everyone I know this girl she goes by the name of "lolly" she is my boyfriends niece, she went voluntarily, was not abused by her family, was a defiant teenager, has 2 parents and sisters that love her and are frantic because they just don't know what he will do with her, she is misguided, probably could use therapy, possibly depressed, (exactly the type of girl a sexual predator looks for) and may have been spotted in Montana. Please post this of your Facebook pages because it can help to get the word out and especially in other states.
(08-26-2011, 08:31 PM)isabella72 Wrote: well now everyone I know this girl she goes by the name of "lolly" she is my boyfriends niece, she went voluntarily, was not abused by her family, was a defiant teenager, has 2 parents and sisters that love her and are frantic because they just don't know what he will do with her, she is misguided, probably could use therapy, possibly depressed, (exactly the type of girl a sexual predator looks for) and may have been spotted in Montana. Please post this of your Facebook pages because it can help to get the word out and especially in other states.

Thank you for this inside info, isabella. She is being looked for on many fronts, and I hope the family finds her soon.
Thank you so much for the update Isabella. Let's hope they come to their senses soon eh?
(08-26-2011, 08:39 PM)Larry Wrote:
(08-26-2011, 08:31 PM)isabella72 Wrote: well now everyone I know this girl she goes by the name of "lolly" she is my boyfriends niece, she went voluntarily, was not abused by her family, was a defiant teenager, has 2 parents and sisters that love her and are frantic because they just don't know what he will do with her, she is misguided, probably could use therapy, possibly depressed, (exactly the type of girl a sexual predator looks for) and may have been spotted in Montana. Please post this of your Facebook pages because it can help to get the word out and especially in other states.

Thank you for this inside info, isabella. She is being looked for on many fronts, and I hope the family finds her soon.

ya know I've seen these pictures posted before of girls gone missing and ran away with their boyfriend, I always looked at the info to see where they were from and then when it was some other state far away I forgot about it, but now it's happened to someone I know, who I ate Christmas dinner with and now I want people in Wisconsin to see her picture because ya never know where she will end up..maybe abanded on the road with no money or phone walking alone.
(08-27-2011, 10:30 AM)isabella72 Wrote: ya know I've seen these pictures posted before of girls gone missing and ran away with their boyfriend, I always looked at the info to see where they were from and then when it was some other state far away I forgot about it, but now it's happened to someone I know, who I ate Christmas dinner with and now I want people in Wisconsin to see her picture because ya never know where she will end up..maybe abanded on the road with no money or phone walking alone.

Thank you isabella72...this story could turn out badly.
This girl needs to come home to her family!
And if she is returned, how will they keep her if she doesn't want to be there?
Dr Phil and drugs wanna bet ?
-post removed-