How not to make hash
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northw...ern_1.html

Excerpt: "An explosion in a Best Western early this morning has left a 29-year-old man in critical condition with severe burns.

A 2-year-old and a 26-year-old woman also were taken to an area hospital as a precaution, said Capt. Jeff Kosmicki.

Police identified the man as Christopher Thomas Heidt of McMinnville and the woman as Andrea Marie Goe of McMinnville. The 2-year-old was not identified.

The man is not breathing on his own, police said.

Police got a call about 3 a.m. reporting the explosion at the Newberg Best Western on 99W. Authorities found a man with burns standing in the hallway of the hotel. The man, child and woman who were hurt were associated with the room where the explosion took place, said Kosmicki.

Officials are investigating whether the explosion was the result of a drug-making operation, though Kosmicki said it is not meth related. Heidt admitted to cooking hashish in the room before the explosion.

No charges have been filed.

The explosion caused extensive damage to the room where the three people were staying.

Kosmicki said 123 people at the hotel were evacuated and placed on buses while police investigated.

Police and fire officials are continuing to investigate."
(08-25-2011, 07:36 PM)PonderThis Wrote: http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northw...ern_1.html

Excerpt: "An explosion in a Best Western early this morning has left a 29-year-old man in critical condition with severe burns.

A 2-year-old and a 26-year-old woman also were taken to an area hospital as a precaution, said Capt. Jeff Kosmicki.

Police identified the man as Christopher Thomas Heidt of McMinnville and the woman as Andrea Marie Goe of McMinnville. The 2-year-old was not identified.

The man is not breathing on his own, police said.

Police got a call about 3 a.m. reporting the explosion at the Newberg Best Western on 99W. Authorities found a man with burns standing in the hallway of the hotel. The man, child and woman who were hurt were associated with the room where the explosion took place, said Kosmicki.

Officials are investigating whether the explosion was the result of a drug-making operation, though Kosmicki said it is not meth related. Heidt admitted to cooking hashish in the room before the explosion.

No charges have been filed.

The explosion caused extensive damage to the room where the three people were staying.

Kosmicki said 123 people at the hotel were evacuated and placed on buses while police investigated.

Police and fire officials are continuing to investigate."
We have stayed here a few times while visiting friends in the area. I didn't know hashish needed to be cooked. I guess there is a lot I don't know. Sad There is a video here....

http://www.kptv.com/story/15331177/explo...berg-hotel
I haven't heard of anyone trying to distill hash with solvents in decades. Most people these days seem to use a method involving mesh bags of various sizes (google or look on ebay for "bubble bags"), plastic buckets and ice cubes, or else tumbling machines.
Butane method is what I've been told is the best, Doesn't involve "cooking" or heat in anyway.
Dry ice. Keefin'. Google it. Go to videos. You can make medicine out of shake. Turn crap into gold. One bag around 150 mesh. A few bucks worth of dry ice from Albertsons? and, you're off to the rodeo. No flash hazard. No particular risk. A little less bronchitis. But, don't let that shake get too dry, or it'll dust up and get past the mesh (A little isn't so bad).
"....but I would not feel so all alone..every body must get stoned..???

(08-25-2011, 09:23 PM)Crone Wrote: "....but I would not feel so all alone..every body must get stoned..???

Thanks Crone. It kinda feels like BBQ is posting again...Wink
Obviously I am lost...isn't hash the same as pot? Does pot have to be cooked?
Hash is not the same as pot. However, I confess, that I thought this thread was going to be about cooking HASH.

[Image: 2007_03_09_cornedbeefhash.JPG]

LaughingLaughing
Hash is made from Pot, though. It's just more concentrated.
Probably making Honey Oil (liquid concentrated Hashish) which does involve solvents and heating.
In other words, don't do this in your home kitchen, go to the motel?
(08-26-2011, 07:49 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Hash is not the same as pot. However, I confess, that I thought this thread was going to be about cooking HASH.

[Image: 2007_03_09_cornedbeefhash.JPG]

LaughingLaughing

LOL! Before I clicked into the thread, that is kind of what I was expecting.Confused
Oh come on ladies, this is southern Oregon. Smiling
those were the days. back when bbq was posting.
(08-26-2011, 04:56 PM)bbqboy Wrote: those were the days. back when bbq was posting.

Hey BBQ... do you ever read your PM's? Just sayin'.... Wink
I"'ve been camping beyond the reach of the internets Smiling
(08-26-2011, 08:25 AM)PonderThis Wrote: In other words, don't do this in your home kitchen, go to the motel?

Most dopeheads that reach the point that these wastoids obviously were at, don't HAVE a home, except the motel. I hope the kid gets better parents.
(08-26-2011, 05:42 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(08-26-2011, 04:56 PM)bbqboy Wrote: those were the days. back when bbq was posting.

Hey BBQ... do you ever read your PM's? Just sayin'.... Wink

Not mine.
(08-26-2011, 05:45 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I"'ve been camping beyond the reach of the internets Smiling

Ah poo... your loss, hon! Wink Next time!