How Conservative or Liberal are you?
(08-28-2011, 07:01 PM)PonderThis Wrote: OK, that's honest. And, about what I'd expect, judging from your posts. Hardly a "card carrying liberal".

I'm pro union. I vote democrat. I believe in equal right and workers rights. I am pro affirmative action. I was against the Vietnam war as I am Iraq. I totally believe that climate change is human caused. I am totally an environmentalist just not to the extreme.
I believe Abortion is a womans choice PERIOD. I am in favor of social programs and I believe we need more in some areas such as inner cities.

I hated Nixon, Reagan has been propped up and given too much credit when in fact his policies sucked .I thought Bill Clinton did a great Job as president. What more do you want?:wacko:

Hey, I didn't make up the test. Smiling
(08-28-2011, 07:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-28-2011, 07:01 PM)PonderThis Wrote: OK, that's honest. And, about what I'd expect, judging from your posts. Hardly a "card carrying liberal".

I'm pro union. I vote democrat. I believe in equal right and workers rights. I am pro affirmative action. I was against the Vietnam war as I am Iraq. I totally believe that climate change is human caused. I am totally an environmentalist just not to the extreme.
I believe Abortion is a womans choice PERIOD. I am in favor of social programs and I believe we need more in some areas such as inner cities.

I hated Nixon, Reagan has been propped up and given too much credit when in fact his policies sucked .I thought Bill Clinton did a great Job as president. What more do you want?:wacko:

Uh... as I said earlier today... nothing short of total capitulation will suffice.

But, to give a flip side of your views, you don't believe in equal rights and workers rights for the citizens of the world, only for U.S. citizens, where you'd prefer it if we were all white. You're against selected wars, but it's fine with you if we invade a country we're not at war with (that's one of our allies in fact) and kill Osama Bin Laden. You're an environmentalist but it's fine with you if U.S. citizens use far more ______ (fill in the blank) per capita than other world citizens. You're in favor of social programs when it suits you and otherwise you're against them. You haven't seen an act of torture yet you were against if we were the ones doing it and there was even the chance we might get useful information out of it. I could go on, but won't.
Social Issues: 0% Conservative, 100% Liberal

Personal Responsibility: 0% Conservative, 100% Liberal

Fiscal Issues: 0% Conservative, 100% Liberal

Ethics: 0% Conservative, 100% Liberal

Defense and Crime: 0% Conservative, 100% Liberal
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

There was one I was iffy on and could have said yes too but I was not going to ruin a perfect score. We all know blogthings is a total joke. I would like to take a real survey and see how I score. I'll look for one
(08-28-2011, 05:02 PM)PonderThis Wrote: What a shock. Smiling You Are 20% Conservative, 80% Liberal

Social Issues: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal

Fiscal Issues: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

Defense and Crime: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal

Personal responsibility.... Zero. I think this quiz worked well in this instance....
Social Issues: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal

Personal Responsibility: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal

Fiscal Issues: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal

Ethics: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

Defense and Crime: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal

Several questions were questionable, and some of my answers would surprise you.
(08-28-2011, 07:24 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Social Issues: 0% Conservative, 100% Liberal

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

There was one I was iffy on and could have said yes too but I was not going to ruin a perfect score. We all know blogthings is a total joke. I would like to take a real survey and see how I score. I'll look for one

This kind of blind rigidity explains why it is impossible to have any meaningful conversation with you.
Quote: 'PonderThis' pid='136067' dateline='1314584586']
But, to give a flip side of your views, you don't believe in equal rights and workers rights for the citizens of the world, only for U.S. citizens,

Horseshit

Quote: where you'd prefer it if we were all white.

I have never said that ponder. You can't even be honest.

Quote: You're against selected wars, but it's fine with you if we invade a country we're not at war with (that's one of our allies in fact) and kill Osama Bin Laden.

I believe Pakistan was hiding the murderous coward and yes I'm fine with going in to Pakistan to get the POS.

Quote: You're an environmentalist but it's fine with you if U.S. citizens use far more ______ (fill in the blank) per capita than other world citizens.

You are pretty funny the way you TRY to misinterpret my views, actually you are pathetic.
We are a WEALTHY COUNTRY. We earned it by hard work and desire.NOW that we find out that we have become wasteful over consumers I belive we need to do better. But I don't apologise for or hate my country LIKE YOU jusr because we didn't see the future in an environmental way.

Quote:You're in favor of social programs when it suits you and otherwise you're against them.

DUH? of course I'm not for social programs that I don't think work or are a waste of time and money... Are you for all of them?

Quote:You haven't seen an act of torture yet you were against if we were the ones doing it and there was even the chance we might get useful information out of it. I could go on, but won't.

I'll glad you won't because you are just rambling nonsense. WTF are you talking about? Never mind don't answer that, I don't think you know.
(08-28-2011, 07:34 PM)Larry Wrote:
(08-28-2011, 07:24 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Social Issues: 0% Conservative, 100% Liberal

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

This kind of blind rigidity explains why it is impossible to have any meaningful conversation with you.

He was kidding larrySmiling
(08-28-2011, 07:34 PM)Larry Wrote:

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

No. you having been dropped on your head when you were a baby explains why YOU cant understand the things I can. Big Grin Besides my conversations with people are meaningful.
Here is another one it is no better than the blogthing quiz but has a few different question and I answered them honestly. I scored a 0 which means I am a liberal.

http://www.gotoquiz.com/conservative_or_liberal
(08-28-2011, 07:49 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Here is another one it is no better than the blogthing quiz but has a few different question and I answered them honestly. I scored a 0 which means I am a liberal.

You scored 60% which means you are

moderately conservative. You believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values.

Man...Cletus isn't gonna like this one!

45% Conservative, 55% Liberal

Personal Responsibility: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal

Ethics: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal

Defense and Crime: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

(Tis ok Clete...I live in Santa Cruz....you never know who might be watching ) Smiling
You scored 62% which means you are

moderately conservative. You believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values.
50/50 on social, fiscal and defense.

100% conservative on personal responsibility. Where in the HELL is that liberal or conservative ... MY POINT.

75% Liberal ethics ... where in the HELL ... same point.

If I were to rate myself (better than this test even when I am drunk, stoned, and having sex - and I am not having sex) I would say 70% fiscally conservative, 100% in personal responsibility with no political persuasion ... 80% liberal on defense (at least), 100% liberal socially, and ethically ... well ... common enough.

So I am a 65% liberal? Take away ethics and personal responsibility (my point) and I am 50/50.

I did not answer SS (#9)... neither was my answer. Neither is an answer.

This little quiz sucks.

(08-28-2011, 07:32 PM)Larry Wrote: Social Issues: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal

Personal Responsibility: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal

Fiscal Issues: 100% Conservative, 0% Liberal

Ethics: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

Defense and Crime: 75% Conservative, 25% Liberal

Several questions were questionable, and some of my answers would surprise you.

Not me.

(08-28-2011, 07:49 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Here is another one it is no better than the blogthing quiz but has a few different question and I answered them honestly. I scored a 0 which means I am a liberal.

A hard core liberal? You mean HC is right?

Your first test is better.(!)
(08-28-2011, 11:17 PM)imaham Wrote: Man...Cletus isn't gonna like this one!

45% Conservative, 55% Liberal

Defense and Crime: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

(Tis ok Clete...I live in Santa Cruz....you never know who might be watching ) Smiling

I don't know about me not liking it, but it has me scratching my head. I would have pegged you as being more conservative than liberal. Even you say that you lean conservative. Yet your overall score is 45% conservative and 55% liberal. Yeah you must have been temporarily influenced by something wafting in the Santa Cruz air.

I would have pegged you 75% conservative 25% liberal. And I am better than any test in determining who thinks like me and who does not. Wink
Here's mine:

Social Issues: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

Fiscal Issues: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal