Bomb Scare Closes JoCo Courthouse
Quote:The Josephine County Courthouse has been evacuated and “C” Street between 5th and 6th is closed after an unattended backpack was found in the court house this morning.

We contacted Sheriff Gilberston at the corner of 5th and “C”
This morning, “We’ve got emergency services and fire on standby or alert. We just have to wait for the bomb squad to get here and make a determination.”

It will take the OSP Bomb squad several hours to arrive and evaluate the situation, because it is made up of two components, part in Salem and part in White City.

http://www.kldr.com/news/local/stories.p...=&ucat=2,4&
Too cool. All for an abandoned backpack. I wonder whose trials got delayed? Smiling
(08-29-2011, 11:26 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Too cool. All for an abandoned backpack.

You forget the wackos we have down here?
Well, I was thinking even wackos need cheap entertainment. I guess if the courthouse blows up it was something more serious than that. Smiling
Perhaps Hare was running out of excuses not to be at work - easy day off.
From another topic

Campfire Wrote:What hypocrites to be told i will be reported is ok for scrapper to say but when i say that it is a totally different tyory, well i can see surprises down the road, go think that one through when you have nothing better to do.

Things that make you go hmmmmm!!!! EyebrowsEyebrows
Why, is he missing a backpack?
couldn't get past the metal detectors with the stuff in my backpack, so i left it outside to go to court.
(08-29-2011, 11:49 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Why, is he missing a backpack?

I had just gotten done reading the topic where he had typed that and I have no self control.

RVF has failed us here, folks: This was over by about noon. http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northw...kpack.html

Excerpt: "The State Police bomb squad has searched a backpack that prompted an evacuation of the Josephine County Courthouse in Grants Pass and found it was harmless.

Josephine County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Erin Maue (MOW-ee) says officers found some clothing and other personal gear in the black backpack this morning and hope to return it to the owner.

Maue says people were allowed back into the courthouse around noon.

She says the black backpack was considered suspicious because of where it was found, on steps leading into the courthouse from a secure parking lot used by sheriff's deputies."
(08-29-2011, 03:25 PM)PonderThis Wrote: She says the black backpack was considered suspicious because of where it was found, on steps leading into the courthouse from a secure parking lot used by sheriff's deputies."

Secure parking lot? ANYBODY can walk/drive into and out of that parking lot. It's no different than placing it on the front steps in that regard.

For all we know Wildfire always uses that entrance, too. Smiling
Yeah, calling that lot "secure" is a stretch. The security measures put in place for that lot are a sign that says "NO PUBLIC ADMITTANCE" and the occasional visit from city police who get to run the transients and confused motorists out. Laughing
All's well that ends well....I suppose?
sorry you cant pin this one on me ''Paranoia will destroy you' SOMEONE LEFT A BACK PACK AND YOU GUYS THINK IT WAS A BOMB WHAT A BUNCH OF WACKOS ,I AM IN CALIFORNIA FAR AWAY FROM ALL OF YOU THANK GOD
(08-29-2011, 09:55 PM)WILDFIRE Wrote: ,I AM IN CALIFORNIA FAR AWAY FROM ALL OF YOU THANK GOD

We thank God too

so we demean again
(08-30-2011, 08:28 PM)WILDFIRE Wrote: so we demean again

Why is it not demeaning when you post:

(08-29-2011, 09:55 PM)WILDFIRE Wrote: I AM IN CALIFORNIA FAR AWAY FROM ALL OF YOU THANK GOD

:wacko:
scrapper you are obsessive. people who live in glass houses should not throw stones, take a look at what you do before you accuse me.
(08-30-2011, 09:27 PM)WILDFIRE Wrote: scrapper you are obsessive. people who live in glass houses should not throw stones, take a look at what you do before you accuse me.

I don't lie.

You do!

If you would like me to, I could post the link to your Google Profile for all to see. Just let me know if you would like me to. I would be happy to oblige. It would be no problem. Wink