My Son's Gym in Afghanistan
There are better gyms on base, but this is the one right behind his squadron. Gotta love the ammo can weights! Wink

[Image: 302428_2353211918284_1489761366_2638064_660895_n.jpg]
Ingenious! Not just good looking... he's smart too! Smiling
(09-02-2011, 10:28 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Ingenious! Not just good looking... he's smart too! Smiling

Oh, I should have titled it: "Gym My Son Uses"
He's only been there three days. Embarrassed
But, he IS smart. LOL
He sure picks delightful vacation spots, eh? Laughing Confused

[Image: nce04lg.jpg]
What are the lines around the perimeter? Tank traps?
Looks like a giant Sandbox.
(09-03-2011, 10:18 AM)Leonard Wrote: I find there is little to be humours about here, only profound sadness and anger that my country, through it warmongering, looting and the stupidity of the population has become the pariah of the world.

All I see is ten years of death and destruction, trillions of dollars flushed down the toilet, millions of dead, maimed and displaced men, woman and children in the middle east by an invading and occupying US military committing war crimes and crimes against humanity and all for the control of Corporate Pipelinistan.

I see people in America, jobless, homeless, hungry and uneducated while the wealthy make obscene profits off of these insane wars.

These very brave, though misguided young US men and woman are fighting and dying for absolutely nothing but multinational corporate profits and when they finally get home, if not in a body bag find their health compromised, marriages busted, no jobs, homes lost, a declining economy and especially an uncaring government offering insufficient VA benefits to help them pick up their shattered lives.

There is nothing good, moral or decent about what America and its NATO allies are doing to these people in foreign lands and the people back home and the sooner this malignant plutocracy, government by the wealthy and its politics expires and the country returns to a participatory democracy the better off the entire world will be.

And it can't happen soon enough for me...............Leonard

Once again, we have political commentary in The Lounge. Sad
Leonard, I'm not happy about having my flesh and blood there, but a mother, at times, needs to keep it light.
My son is a nurse on flights taking the wounded to Germany.

(09-03-2011, 11:01 AM)Crone Wrote: Once again, we have political commentary in The Lounge. Sad

Sorry, I only go to ''View Today's Posts'' and obviously didn't pay attention that it was from the Lounge. It will not happen again.

(09-03-2011, 11:48 AM)Leonard Wrote: Sorry, I only go to ''View Today's Posts'' and obviously didn't pay attention that it was from the Lounge. It will not happen again.

Thank you kindly, sir! Wink

I only bit my tongue because it was you, sweetheart. I don't know if I would have been as nice to someone else, lounge or no lounge. I get my topics the same way Leonard does. Smiling
(09-03-2011, 12:21 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I only bit my tongue because it was you, sweetheart. I don't know if I would have been as nice to someone else, lounge or no lounge. I get my topics the same way Leonard does. Smiling

I appreciate your kindness...truly.
I wholeheartedly agree with you and Leonard about the situation.
I, however, have a personal interest for the next four months.Smiling
(09-03-2011, 12:21 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I only bit my tongue because it was you, sweetheart. I don't know if I would have been as nice to someone else, lounge or no lounge. I get my topics the same way Leonard does. Smiling

So basically you can't understand Crones situation Or Larry's but if it was Larry's son you would have demeaned him OR his son.

I can't understand why anyone would use this thread as their soapbox when OBVIOUSLY this thread is about a mothers son.

But the fact that Ponder and Leonard Don't get it proves EXACTLY what I have been saying about both of them.

Crone, I hope the 4 months fly by for you and you will feel safer about your son.
Once again it looks like the demeaning posts belong to you, TV. I only dislike war on general principals, as I haven't seen a "just" one yet. If people quit contributing to wars happening, they could stop. And just because it's never happened before doesn't mean it couldn't.
I can see where war could be a good thing. It's just that it's always misapplied.
(09-03-2011, 01:57 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Once again it looks like the demeaning posts belong to you, TV. I only dislike war on general principals, as I haven't seen a "just" one yet. If people quit contributing to wars happening, they could stop. And just because it's never happened before doesn't mean it couldn't.

You have proven my point AGAIN, you can't seem to shut up about your hatred of anything military. That was my original point and your response was more of the same. If pointing that out is demeaning than so be it, boo hoo.
Well, and you can't seem to shut up about your love of everything killin'. Somebody has to be a counter.
(09-03-2011, 05:59 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Well, and you can't seem to shut up about your love of everything killin'. Somebody has to be a counter.

Now you are simply lying about what I have said. Take it to another thread this one isn't for America haters.
For Christs sake TV, you don't own the frickin' forum. Shove it.
(09-02-2011, 10:26 PM)Crone Wrote: There are better gyms on base, but this is the one right behind his squadron. Gotta love the ammo can weights! Wink

Hey Crone, I'm not sure what my kid was using for a gym in Iraq but it worked. He sent me this pic from Bagdad.Big Grin I don't know why the image box doesn't work, you have to click on my link

[img] http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/...e/benz.jpg[/img]

(09-03-2011, 06:05 PM)PonderThis Wrote: For Christs sake TV, you don't own the frickin' forum. Shove it.

I simply thought that if you wanted to argue your hippie dippy we don't need borders or military childish naive bullshit that you MIGHT have the decency to blab about it some where else.