Know Any Firemen In or Near Texas?
This is posted on Facebook:

ATTENTION TEXAS AND SURROUNDING AREAS.. WE NEED FIREMEN!!!! Firemen, retired or otherwise, please call number if you can help. We were short 25 fireman last night. Cannot contain town of Bastrop, 35 miles away...fire is 16 miles long, 6 miles wide, jumped Colorado river, evacuated entire town and also neighborhood called Steiner ranch of 5500* PLEASE EVERYONE REPOST EVEN IF NOT IN TEXAS.. SOME OF YOUR FRIENDS MAY BE. HELP!! Call 512-978-1187 Please REPOST! We NEED HELP
(09-06-2011, 12:53 PM)Crone Wrote: This is posted on Facebook:

ATTENTION TEXAS AND SURROUNDING AREAS.. WE NEED FIREMEN!!!! Firemen, retired or otherwise, please call number if you can help. We were short 25 fireman last night. Cannot contain town of Bastrop, 35 miles away...fire is 16 miles long, 6 miles wide, jumped Colorado river, evacuated entire town and also neighborhood called Steiner ranch of 5500* PLEASE EVERYONE REPOST EVEN IF NOT IN TEXAS.. SOME OF YOUR FRIENDS MAY BE. HELP!! Call 512-978-1187 Please REPOST! We NEED HELP

This is really a very sad situation. Perry was on the air yesterday asking for help from anyone or anyplace that had fire equipment or aircraft that that was sitting idle and could be spared. The winds were so fast and the fires moving so fast that people had very little time to get out of the way.

My ex boss lives in Bastrop in the Steiner Ranch neighborhood and I was worried sick about them yesterday. I was finally able to get ahold of her this morning and she confirmed that they had indeed evacuated but they were told today that their house was still there and they were able to return. She also said that the winds had died down which should slow down the progress of the fires.

If anyone is interested, there is a lot of information here:

http://wildfiretoday.com/2011/09/06/bast...600-homes/

Nasty stuff.

Perhaps God wants Texas to burn. Have you ever thought about that?
(09-06-2011, 04:49 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Perhaps God wants Texas to burn. Have you ever thought about that?

'Taint funny McGee. Real people suffering. fire has been both our best friend and worst enemy since the dawn of man. We here in Southern Oregon are far too exposed to the danger of fire. I hope the able bodied young men and women who can respond do so.

I hope my house is covered in mud before a Southern Oregon fire comes through here. Notice that adobe houses don't burn.
(09-06-2011, 05:10 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I hope my house is covered in mud before a Southern Oregon fire comes through here. Notice that adobe houses don't burn.

That's why no one wants one of the ugly things. So ugly you can't even burn 'em to get rid of them. Big Grin
(09-06-2011, 05:10 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I hope my house is covered in mud before a Southern Oregon fire comes through here. Notice that adobe houses don't burn.

the stuff they put in disposable diapers mixed with water don't burn either

Quote:Firefighters sprayed it on 20 homes during Florida wildfires earlier this year and the houses didnt burn.

http://articles.cnn.com/1998-10-16/tech/..._s=PM:TECH

I can visualize your house now.Big Grin
(09-06-2011, 04:49 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Perhaps God wants Texas to burn. Have you ever thought about that?

Punishment for people who are some what cowboyish.
A mud Pueblo was once an iffy abode. But, with the blue tarps....I'm getting kind of tempted.