Galice Resort
It's just for $10 they could serve you a real burger instead of a frozen patty. PLUS they wanted $12 for a plate of hummus with some vegetables! It's making me mad just thinking about it. JD's has waaaaaay better food. Smiling
(09-13-2011, 02:34 PM)Crazylace Wrote: It's just for $10 they could serve you a real burger instead of a frozen patty. PLUS they wanted $12 for a plate of hummus with some vegetables! It's making me mad just thinking about it. JD's has waaaaaay better food. Smiling

Lord have mercy....excuuuuuuuse me for having an opinion and especially for me calling scrub jays bluejays!
Don't get mad...just don't go again.

Wohali, two friends and myself had a lovely afternoon.
There are times to go to JD's and there are times to go to Galice.
Yesterday was a day to go to Galice, in a car and have a great time.
We were enjoying ourselves too much to be concerned if our hamburger patties were frozen.
We left full, sated and happy after lingering over lunch.
We will most likely go back again at some point in the future.
End of story.
I'll go with you, Crone.
I've been there many times over the years.
I love to sit on the deck, by the river, and have a bite to eat... and as I said, my favorite is when they have music!
We should do it next summer... for sure!
Maybe Ponder will show up and buy an over-priced vegetable platter and share it with us! Wink
(09-13-2011, 04:05 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I'll go with you, Crone.
I've been there many times over the years.
I love to sit on the deck, by the river, and have a bite to eat... and as I said, my favorite is when they have music!
We should do it next summer... for sure!
Maybe Ponder will show up and buy an over-priced vegetable platter and share it with us! Wink

Nah, I think we're on our own for this one, Ponder doesn't roll with $10 burgers. Laughing
I sometimes love tourist traps. The reason they're tourist traps is because they can be.
I love Pier 39 in San Francisco, too...one of the biggest tourist traps EVER. Big GrinWink
I can't help it. $12 for a plate of hummus is insulting. Please don't take it personally, it's not your restaurant. Besides, I tend to get sarcastic, not angry. Cool
In my experience, restaurants with a nice view usually have substandard food. TapRock tends to be an exception to the rule. But I can't tell you how many crappy waterfront restaurants I've eaten at. My standards are high because I works hard for my money and I'm a darn good cook myself.
I'm a tough food cricket.
And srubjay, bluejay, who the heck cares as long as they don't crap on the food. Smiling
And yes, one of the most memorable meals I've had was crab pasta at Fisherman's Wharf, no waterfront view, but right on the main drag. $23 a plate, but it was my birthday wish. We touristed it up, big time. Cool
See? I can be fun.
(09-13-2011, 04:16 PM)Crazylace Wrote: And yes, one of the most memorable meals I've had was crab pasta at Fisherman's Wharf, no waterfront view, but right on the main drag. $23 a plate, but it was my birthday wish. We touristed it up, big time. Cool
See? I can be fun.

Big Grin Wink ?
'Round these parts, it matters: Smiling

[Image: western_scrub_jay_glamour.jpg]
Scrub Jay

[Image: stellers-jay.jpg?w=230&h=322]
Stellers Jay

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFnSZJd6fdIOavWn7MOr0...2k8KSNpUWY]
Grey Jay
(09-13-2011, 04:23 PM)PonderThis Wrote: 'Round these parts, it matters: Smiling

[Image: western_scrub_jay_glamour.jpg]
Scrub Jay

[Image: stellers-jay.jpg?w=230&h=322]
Stellers Jay

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFnSZJd6fdIOavWn7MOr0...2k8KSNpUWY]
Grey Jay

Well, at least they are pictures of someone's butt. I think Crone got the impression I was trying to correct her. I was not and here you are not helping the situation. Thanks.
(09-13-2011, 04:27 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Well, at least they are pictures of someone's butt.

I tried to find a good jays butt but didn't have much success. Smiling

[Image: tumblr_lp5ioj1Ygn1r0t2y9o1_500.jpg]
(09-13-2011, 04:35 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I tried to find a good jays butt but didn't have much success. Smiling

[Image: black-asphalt-vogelhintern-birds-behind-...design.png]
LaughingLaughingLaughing

I don't think any of us can really help us, there's just something preposterous about looking at a butt. Even a birds butt. Smiling
(09-13-2011, 04:57 PM)PonderThis Wrote: LaughingLaughingLaughing

I don't think any of us can really help us, there's just something preposterous about looking at a butt. Even a birds butt. Smiling

Laughing Surprised Big Grin Laughing
Strange obsession nevertheless..
Oh I have others, it's just harder to slip those ones in. Smiling
I eat in Merlin, and then do dessert at Galice. I try to time if for when the band has had a few, but not too many. I go for the stawberry short biscuit. The view there has just rolled through my backyard a little while earlier. But, I still like Galice Resort. Sometimes the turkey vultures put on a nice show. Sometimes the meat bees run me off.
Out of all the complaints made here?
Meat bees could chase me out of that place.
I once witnessed a person taking a bite of sandwich that a bee was having for his meal, too. I will never forget the panic and pain.
Wild horses can't keep me away, but meat bees could. Big Grin
Same as scrub jays, Crone. Them are Yellow Jackets, not "meat bees". Only Illc gets a pass on that one*. Smiling

[Image: yellowjacket.jpg]

*Because in his case it's color and besides, I don't think I can change him but others should be educated. Smiling
I know what they are, I just think 'meat bees' are a better description. Razz
I'm kinda funny, that way.
I gotta get educated before I get killed (Not "Kilt"...that was Pat Buchannon at The Highland Games, and they've asked him not to come back)