10 Years for Murder... Really? Really!
Am I the only one who thinks this is like a little slap on the wrist? What the heck? She drives to her boyfriends house, shoots him, killing him... and she gets 10 years? Craziness!

http://kdrv.com/page/224230

Quote:MEDFORD, Ore. -- Charlene Meixner will spend the next ten years behind bars for the murder of her boyfriend 61-year-old Ray Leach. Yesterday, 45-year-old Charlene Meixner entered a no contest plea to the manslaughter charges against her.

She was sentenced to 10 years in prison with 3 years post prison supervision for the murder of Leach. Investigators say Leach and Meixner were dating when Meixner drove to Leach's home, shooting and killing him on October 20th of last year.
Was her boyfreind slapping her around ?
Definitely should have been a harder sentence, but she plea bargained her way down.

RIP Ray...you are missed!
You gotta prove things. Both parties must have agreed a murder charge was a toss up.

Life ain't fair.
If I remember the deceased was ex law enforcement. We all know how well they treat their significant others.
(09-13-2011, 03:34 PM)PonderThis Wrote: If I remember the deceased was ex law enforcement. We all know how well they treat their significant others.
Actually what "we all know" is that you are ignorant and bigoted towards authority or Law enforcement.

All I know is what I read in the brief article.
She made the choice to go to his home with a gun and shoot him.
Period.
I know. For ten years, it's almost tempting. Smiling
(09-13-2011, 03:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-13-2011, 03:34 PM)PonderThis Wrote: If I remember the deceased was ex law enforcement. We all know how well they treat their significant others.
Actually what "we all know" is that you are ignorant and bigoted towards authority or Law enforcement.

I'll compare my lifetimes tally of failed relationships versus the average of law enforcement whenever you're ready. Smiling
Although I have no real knowledge of this particular case, I am sure the case was pled down...also you have to weigh the mitigated and agravating circumstances. I don't know why you are surprised as this type of verdict happens all the time.
I suspect there's a medal, that has gone unawarded.

I would suggest you don't even go there. You didn't know Ray, so shut up!Mad
(09-13-2011, 04:12 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(09-13-2011, 03:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I'll compare my lifetimes tally of failed relationships versus the average of law enforcement whenever you're ready. Smiling

But you didn't say that the police have a higher rate of failed relationships did you? If you had I would have agreed.
No you said "We all know how well they treat their significant others".

You make the leap that they higher rate of failed relationships is because of how they treat their women? I Think it's well known that it's mostly because of their stressful demanding jobs.

Uh oh, I guess being rational and using common sense means one thing... I'm a cop lover no matter what they do!!!!:wacko::wacko:

Maybe if they just "Brought 'em up right". Like that ex sheriff. Just thump 'em a little, to ease them into the lifestyle. It's not like they don't know any limits. Like the sheriff told the congregation out in Rush. "No bigger than your thumb". So, that excludes a baseball bat. But, what about a tire iron?