Have You Turned Your Heater On Yet?
(01-11-2014, 02:09 PM)tvguy Wrote: That's just not my bag... at allSmiling To each his ownBig Grin Crowded , commercially . I'm more nature and animal oriented. But I might take the wife there, if she wants to go. I'm officially retired now so I can afford to goBig Grin

[Image: qad8.png]

I agree on the resort. I would rather stay in a little cottage than a big resort. But, look at that ocean. Right now it looks very inviting! I bet VRBO has places in Cabo.
(01-11-2014, 02:39 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 02:09 PM)tvguy Wrote: That's just not my bag... at allSmiling To each his ownBig Grin Crowded , commercially . I'm more nature and animal oriented. But I might take the wife there, if she wants to go. I'm officially retired now so I can afford to goBig Grin

We do some primitive camping... love Lake Shasta. Love living with the locals when in Sint Maarten. But some times you just want to be pampered! Razz This is a girls (okay, fine... old broads) trip. Big Grin We're all about having someone serve us adult beverages on the beach or by the pool, spending a day at the spa, shopping, dining out, etc., etc. I'm sure your wife would LOVE it!

I wouldn't HATE it, either. LOL Sounds fun for a girl's trip!
We used to go to Puerto Vallarta fairly often. I miss Mexico.
I was born and raised in San Diego (moved after graduating high school)... I've spent my fair share of time in Tijuana. Laughing But I've never vacationed any where in Mexico.
(01-11-2014, 02:54 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I was born and raised in San Diego (moved after graduating high school)... I've spent my fair share of time in Tijuana. Laughing But I've never vacationed any where in Mexico.

Tijuana is a world of it's own. LOL You've never been further than that?
G-MICRO PSL Kit
G-MICRO PSL Personal Wax Fueled Stove & Light
$69.95

Add To Cart
G-MICRO PSL Kit Contains;
* Paraffin Wax Fueled Thermal Module
* Thermal Element
* Detachable Stand
* Removable Heat Dissipating Ring
* Tweezers
* Sample amount of WAX STIX
* Nylon Storage Bag W/Belt Loop
* Quick Start Instruction Sheet
(01-11-2014, 03:08 PM)kadylady Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 02:54 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I was born and raised in San Diego (moved after graduating high school)... I've spent my fair share of time in Tijuana. Laughing But I've never vacationed any where in Mexico.

Nope.

We do some primitive camping... love Lake Shasta. Love living with the locals when in Sint Maarten. But some times you just want to be pampered! Razz This is a girls (okay, fine... old broads) trip. Big Grin We're all about having someone serve us adult beverages on the beach or by the pool, spending a day at the spa, shopping, dining out, etc., etc. I'm sure your wife would LOVE it!

I'm sure you are rightBig Grin We haven't been to North Carolina yet in 5 years to see our grand kids and our son, so that will come first.
(01-11-2014, 03:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I'm sure you are rightBig Grin We haven't been to North Carolina yet in 5 years to see our grand kids and our son, so that will come first.

What are you waiting for? Get on it!
(01-11-2014, 03:54 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

MoneySmiling
(01-11-2014, 03:38 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 03:08 PM)kadylady Wrote:

Nope.

I'm jealous. It sounds like fun!
(01-11-2014, 03:26 PM)kadylady Wrote: G-MICRO PSL Kit
$69.95

Add To Cart
* Thermal Element
* Detachable Stand
* Tweezers

Thanks, That's a good price. I sure as hell wouldn't order the wax from them. it's 6 bucks for a 7 1/2 hour supply of the fire sticks but the ripoffs want 11.30 to ship itBlink

But I guess I can get wax locally and make the right size sticks. I tried to find reviews from back packers to no avail.
And there isn't a single one of these things for sale on ebay, which is odd.

As far as I can tell one fire stick lasts less than 4 minutes. So who wants to keep using those tweezers and adding fuel all the time?
The stove I have has 20 oz canister that lasts almost 2 hours.
(01-11-2014, 04:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:

MoneySmiling

Can't take it with you when you die... may as well spend it now! And... if you find yourself short... I'm sure Scar will help ya out! Eyebrows Laughing Evil
(01-11-2014, 04:54 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 04:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 02:39 PM)Scrapper Wrote: We do some primitive camping... love Lake Shasta. Love living with the locals when in Sint Maarten. But some times you just want to be pampered! Razz This is a girls (okay, fine... old broads) trip. Big Grin We're all about having someone serve us adult beverages on the beach or by the pool, spending a day at the spa, shopping, dining out, etc., etc. I'm sure your wife would LOVE it!

MoneySmiling

Can't take it with you when you die... may as well spend it now! And... if you find yourself short... I'm sure Scar will help ya out! Eyebrows Laughing Evil

Can't take it with you when you die
That's what I keep sayingSmiling. I just turned 62 so now I have a steady income just like my wife who still works.
Plus we gave a whole pension fund to some guy named Edward JonesRazz So it will be interesting to see what we get from the interest on that.
(01-11-2014, 04:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
$69.95

Add To Cart
* Thermal Element
* Detachable Stand
* Tweezers

Thanks, That's a good price. I sure as hell wouldn't order the wax from them. it's 6 bucks for a 7 1/2 hour supply of the fire sticks but the ripoffs want 11.30 to ship itBlink

But I guess I can get wax locally and make the right size sticks. I tried to find reviews from back packers to no avail.

As far as I can tell one fire stick lasts less than 4 minutes. So who wants to keep using those tweezers and adding fuel all the time?

This is what it says about it:
Fuel
Any Pure Paraffin Wax
Burn time full reservoir 30 min
Paraffin wax consumption 26g hr / 0.91oz hr /
Energy 1,100 btu/hr
Cold water boil 1 min /

It might be good to have as an emergency type of equipment, but it seems a little pricey to me.
(01-11-2014, 05:04 PM)kadylady Wrote:
$69.95

Add To Cart
* Thermal Element
* Detachable Stand
* Tweezers

Fuel
Any Pure Paraffin Wax
Energy 1,100 btu/hr
Cold water boil 1 min /

It might be good to have as an emergency type of equipment, but it seems a little pricey to me.

OK I guess you put more than one fuel stick in at a time.

Here's a not too pricey alternative .... Sterno, 3 bucksLaughing

[Image: 0002737140001_500X500.jpg]
(01-11-2014, 05:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 05:04 PM)kadylady Wrote:
$69.95

Add To Cart
* Thermal Element
* Detachable Stand
* Tweezers

Fuel
Any Pure Paraffin Wax
Energy 1,100 btu/hr
Cold water boil 1 min /

OK I guess you put more than one fuel stick in at a time.

Here's a not too pricey alternative .... Sterno, 3 bucksLaughing

[Image: 0002737140001_500X500.jpg]

I guess originally we were talking about the little candle/terra cotta pot heating device. LOL Is sterno safe to use as a heat source in say....an automobile?
I'm over back-packing, but still would like an emergency heat source as part of my winter auto kit.
Quote:kadylady Is sterno safe to use as a heat source in say....an automobile?

Not unless you ventilate the car I guess. I'm not sure burning anything in a car is totally OK.

Safety precautions: do not use inside enclosed spaces, always provide proper ventilation.

[Image: safetycentral_2270_61734798]
How much heat does a bong produce? Smiling
There is also petroleum jelly and cotton balls.