Missing Person: Mark Bosworth
[Image: 300185_10150321681249110_748484109_77523...7439_n.jpg]

http://www.kpic.com/news/local/130131503.html
Quote:The sheriff's office said Mark Bosworth, 54, may be suffering from a medical condition and might be confused about where he is.
Search crews are looking into a report of a man seen hitchhiking in the early morning hours on Saturday on Yocum Road in Riddle. Deputies have not been able to confirm that the man was Bosworth. Based on the location and time, searchers will be focusing some of the search efforts around that information, the sheriff's office said.
Bosworth is a volunteer with the Cycle Oregon Event and was last seen at a booth on Main Street in Riddle on Friday at 11:30 p.m.
The Sheriff's Office is asking for help from the public. Anyone who believes they have seen Bosworth or anyone who may have given a ride to a hitchhiker near Riddle since Friday night is asked to contact the Douglas County Sheriff's Office at (541) 440-4471 or our tip line at (541) 957-2099.
Bosworth is 6-feet tall, 180 lbs, with graying hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing a gray hoodie sweatshirt, black bicycle pants, shoes and a hat.
Bosworth was reported missing at 1:45 p.m. Saturday. Deputies interviewed witnesses and found no indication of foul play in the disappearance. Bosworth is from the Portland area and may not be familiar with the Riddle area. Early indications are that Bosworth may have also been suffering from some type of medical condition prior to his disappearance, the sheriff's office said.
The Douglas County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue (SAR) Team mobilized and responded to the scene.
With the help from Cycle Oregon Volunteers, local Fire fighters and SAR members, a search party of over 40 people searched the surrounding area around Riddle High School and Main Street. Several tracking dogs were also used during the search.

[Image: bos2.jpg]

Please keep an eye out for him and share this info with anyone you know along the I-5 corridor. Thank you!
$10,000 Reward

Anyone between Sutherlin & Ashland...
The search for Mark is expanding that direction this weekend.
If you're in the area it would be great if you could print some posters and put them up. Especially in the Railroad District and Downtown areas of Ashland.
He may be disoriented, so we're hoping the more people who are aware of his disappearance the better our chances of bringing him home.

http://www.findmark.org

[Image: MarkHead1.jpg?height=400&width=287]

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northw...moves.html

I was just wondering about him yesterday. Sorry to hear they still haven'f found him!

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index...r_the.html

Quote:Family of missing Cycle Oregon volunteer Mark Bosworth said today they are worried he can be anywhere, concerned that he's disoriented and battling a recurrence of the non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma that he's struggled with since 2007.

Bosworth, a two-time cancer survivor, has not been seen since Sept. 16.

Weeks before Cycle Oregon, one of his daughters noticed her father was repeating what he was saying. He wasn't as active, and complained of headaches but blamed it on a stiff neck.

Bosworth made appointments to see his internist and oncologist, but scheduled them after Cycle Oregon, his family said today.

"He's a guy, guys do that," said his younger brother Eric Bosworth, a physician, joining Bosworth's wife and two daughters at Metro, the regional government office where Mark Bosworth, 54, worked.

Two days before Mark Bosworth went missing, he fell asleep in Bandon in a pizza delivery car, until its owner woke him up.

Since Mark Bosworth had been quick to notice the symptoms and then act during his first two bouts with cancer, his wife and daughters trusted Bosworth to notice any further problems, if they developed.

"I trusted my dad to know when he was sick," Kelly Bosworth, 23, said.

Yet, based on his unusual behavior the weeks, days and night before his disappearance, his family said they believe now that Bosworth's cancer may have spread to his central nervous system and brain.

Cycle Oregon participants and his wife and daughters noticed Bosworth was not acting like himself.

The 54-year-old Portland man didn't remember where he had set up his tent the night he went missing from Cycle Oregon. Two days earlier, he told his wife in an 8 a.m. phone call that he was on the East Coast, then said he was in Ontario Canada – that Cycle Oregon had chartered a plane to fly a thousand members of the Cycle Oregon trip as part of a surprise.

That night, when his wife called her husband again, he told her he had just awakened from a "vivid, vivid dream" that morning, and that's why he said he was in Canada.

"No, no, I'm fine," his wife Julie Bosworth recalled her husband telling her.

As a Cycle Oregon volunteer, Bosworth was initially asked to drive a truck from camp to camp. But after two days, the event officials suggested he do something else, his wife said. In previous Cycle Oregons, Bosworth usually rode the full route, but during the last week of this trip he only rode one day and was having trouble following the signs, another bicyclist told his family. He also would stand alone, staring off into the distance, and was not showing up for his volunteer shifts, Julie Bosworth said.

Others at Cycle Oregon kept asking Bosworth if he was OK, and he'd brush off their concerns.

"He was covering, just like he was with us," Julie Bosworth said.

The family wonders if Bosworth hitched a ride to New York, having lived there for 10 years.

"We just don't know what he's thinking. It is such a mystery," his wife said.

Bosworth was last seen after 11 p.m. Sept. 16 at his campsite near the Riddle High School baseball diamond.

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office mounted a search, assisted by family and friends and other volunteers.

A family spokeswoman said Bosworth left his bicycle at Cycle Oregon's rider services trailer. The bicycle is now at Cycle Oregon's office in Portland.

Authorities have not found a trace of Bosworth. He did not have a wallet with him when he disappeared, but may have had cash wadded up in his shorts. They believe he had his cell phone with him, but the battery was dead. There's been no activity on his phone.

Mark Bosworth and his wife were set to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary, with a trip to London. Their flight is this Saturday. Her husband had booked the flight.

Julie Bosworth said she's not ready to cancel the flight.

She said she hopes someone will notice him, ask him his name, and if he needs help and then will call 911 to alert law enforcement authorities.

"And get him home to us please," she said.

After helping searches in Riddle, Julie Bosworth and her daughters returned to Portland this past Sunday, and passed out fliers to bike riders at the Sunday Parkways event.

Julie Bosworth also put back on the gold bracelet she had worn through her husband's second bout with cancer – eight months of drug injections to his eye, radiation therapy and the bone marrow transplant.

"I'm keeping it on until he has his arms around me again," she said, her voice shaking and tears filling her eyes.
[Image: alien-abduction1.png]
https://sites.google.com/site/findmarkb/

An urgent plea from Mark's wife:

Quote:"I am reaching out personally to each of you reading this message to help me find my husband. After emotional conversations yesterday with Mark's doctors, I am convinced that the only likely scenario that fits his symptoms is that Mark's lymphoma returned in the past weeks and has been been creating pressure on the frontal lobe of his brain. This is the seat of reasoning, judgment and memory and explains his growing confusion and disorientation in recent weeks. Without medical treatment, the pressure will spread to the brain stem which controls basic bodily functions. Right now we still have time to find Mark before that happens. He may still be able to get around and talk, even be on the road somewhere, but he is in desperate need of medical attention. PLEASE redouble your efforts today to look for him, and to spread his photo and his story to others. One of you will see Mark and bring him home to his daughters Kelly and Claire and to me so we can put our arms around him and care for him. Call 911 if you think you may be seeing him. Thank you from the bottom of my heart." -Julie

$10,000 reward for information that leads us to Mark

How you can help: https://sites.google.com/site/findmarkb/...u-can-help