Christmas Shopping?
(09-26-2011, 12:48 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 12:19 PM)rainylady Wrote: I'm spending Christmas alone unless my roommates are home.

You might consider volunteering at a soup kitchen.
When our kids have plans on a holiday with their in-laws that is what my husband and I do. We don't feel alone and we're doing something good. Win-Win!

What a lovely idea, Scraps. I like that. Smiling

OK. Grumble, grumble...DryI made an online order for some Christmas presents.
Atta girl, Tia!
Nothing to do with Christmas shopping... but I'm sharing any way! Big Grin

[Image: 312235_252407144815822_100001396151019_7...2608_n.jpg]
(09-23-2011, 12:31 PM)broadzilla Wrote: Just doing the Happy Birthday Jesus cake this year...that's enough for my kiddos to be joyful!

We do the same thing even with candles. I think it is neat to see other people do it.
(12-01-2011, 09:58 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Nothing to do with Christmas shopping... but I'm sharing any way! Big Grin

That's freaking hilarious, thanks for the laugh Big Grin
(09-26-2011, 12:48 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 12:19 PM)rainylady Wrote: I'm spending Christmas alone unless my roommates are home.

You might consider volunteering at a soup kitchen.

Or developing a multiple personality syndrome Smiling
(12-01-2011, 09:58 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Nothing to do with Christmas shopping... but I'm sharing any way! Big Grin

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ditto. Smiling
(12-01-2011, 12:05 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Ditto. Smiling

My son's family took me to a neighborhood in Suisun, I think it was, where every house on the street decorates their house and front yard completely over the top. When you purchase a home there, you have to sign an agreement to fully participate. Then, for several weeks, strangers walk up and down the sidewalks looking at it all. It was impressive....but, you know me...my comment was: "My, oh my, the lengths people go to exclude Jews and Muslims." Razz
I have only a few more gifts to buy as well as trying to get some stuff made.
(12-01-2011, 12:12 PM)Crone Wrote:
(12-01-2011, 12:05 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Ditto. Smiling

My son's family took me to a neighborhood in Suisun, I think it was, where every house on the street decorates their house and front yard completely over the top. When you purchase a home there, you have to sign an agreement to fully participate. Then, for several weeks, strangers walk up and down the sidewalks looking at it all. It was impressive....but, you know me...my comment was: "My, oh my, the lengths people go to exclude Jews and Muslims." Razz

There's a street here in Medford like that. I think they must do the same thing, because everyone does it up very extravagant.

I'd rather see a Halloween street.
(12-01-2011, 08:17 PM)Tiamat Wrote: There's a street here in Medford like that. I think they must do the same thing, because everyone does it up very extravagant.

I'd rather see a Halloween street.

I'm with you...more imagination.
I'm impressed with the folks who have the know how and imagination to set up the decorations that pulse and change with music...but too many people think putting lights everywhere is spectacular. Blah.
Just out of curiousity....what kind of gifts have people bought for loved one. Just curious.
(12-01-2011, 09:58 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Just out of curiousity....what kind of gifts have people bought for loved one. Just curious.

I wasn't planning on buying any presents this year, but because of some savvy internet shopping, I purchased some high-end cologne for each of my sons.
Now I have to figure out something for my daughter...that's a hard one.
We don't really buy presents either. We usually do hand-made gifts like, soap, candles, painted ornaments, this year breads..
It's a lot more fun than shopping at the MAUL.
(12-01-2011, 11:11 PM)broadzilla Wrote:
(12-01-2011, 09:58 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Just out of curiousity....what kind of gifts have people bought for loved one. Just curious.

I wasn't planning on buying any presents this year, but because of some savvy internet shopping, I purchased some high-end cologne for each of my sons.
Now I have to figure out something for my daughter...that's a hard one.

Yep, got a couple of the grown kids taken care of...the grandkids taken care of. That leaves two kids and other relatives.

My son-in-law who is in Afghanistan this year, he is getting cheese from Hickory Farms , and home made cookies and candy and a few other small items.

My kids all get books. I am also cross stitching them pictures of their football teams. My youngest is getting Star Wars people, lego's a new clock, a Darth V. nutcracker, and if course clothes, My other son is getting a Ukulele, a nutcracker, clothes, not sure what else because he says he doesn't care. Then one daughter we are paying 3 months of her cell phone bill, plus she is getting clothes as well as some items to set up her apartment, you know silly little things. Other daughter, a wine rack and when I saw her I bought her clothes.
Hubby is getting a new electric guitar, and slippers

Now we also give gifts on the angel tree's at local stores. I also take stuff to the local domestic violence shelter.
BTW... Christmas Shopping...
There are many ideas online for DIY projects that would make nice gifts.

http://www.u-createcrafts.com/2011/08/cr...sweet.html
[Image: IMG_1869-1.jpg]

http://makebraceletsblog.com/make-bracelets-video/
[Image: dsc_00402.jpg]

http://theartgirljackie-tutorials.blogsp...rkers.html
[Image: DSC_6041.JPG]

http://b3hd.blogspot.com/2011/10/project...1-diy.html
[Image: Firebowl.jpg]

http://lepetithappy.blogspot.com/2010/06...cream.html
[Image: Screen+shot+2010-06-15+at+6.57.24+PM.png]

http://www.scarymommy.com/candy-flavored-vodka/
[Image: DSC_0005-391x525.jpg]

http://alphamom.com/family-fun/crafts/sa...d-t-shirt/
[Image: Sandpaper-printing-Supplies.jpg]
(12-02-2011, 12:42 AM)Crone Wrote: Can't you see how saying things were going on in the background only alienates people even more? Serious question.

This board and Facebook are my primary contact with BBQ and some of you were frequenting my inbox here asking questions about what I knew or didn't know. That's fine...I thought we all realized each other's concern.

Yet, after the initial scare, and all the communication, the only people that had the courtesy to report back were Cletus and Willie...no one else took the time or showed the courtesy to tell us he was okay.

See what I'm saying, people?

It was uncaring and downright rude. Like you didn't think any of us up the 5 were staying up half the night waiting on a word about him...or turning on our puters first thing seeking some kind of sign he was okay.

That's because you were all doing your thing behind the scene...the people that really matter...the MTF network.

Quote:Tiamat Wrote: The truth is, being as you were and are ignorant of what all was happening OFF a damn computer screen,what YOU couldn't hear or see was what real people were doing and mobilizing behind the scenes, you really do have a perception issue in this case. You do not know what all went down, but assume you do and judge (MTF's) because of your assumptions and your limited two dimensional view of the situation on an online forum.

And you sure couldn't bother to share any of it with the 'damn online forum', could you? I don't know what you are, but I am a real person...who was feeling pain and concern for another real person.

Pffffft.

First off, going back to what someone else said, who said we were a tight bunch? Not I. We are not. We are a familiar bunch. And I didn't know, anymore than you did what the outcome was till we heard from Cletus. How's that for tight?. And, no, I was not going to share what I did or did not do. As I said, I was called in. Should I be responsible for saying a lot of things were happening? I don't see why I should make a circus out the situation. And there is that camraderie that makes me want to protect BBQ at the same time and not air his issues more than necessary.

I also never came on here dissing anyone who wasn't MTF, (in fact I was a member at ILGP). I believe I welcomed you and Scrapper when you arrived. That doesn't mean I have to agree with you.
So, someone comes onto the Christmas thread bitching about MTF's and I'm the one guilting of alienating people? In reality you seem quite tight with a group of your own on here. And that's fine. Why is it a problem?