Reading the mind in the eyes - Test
How well can you "read" people? http://glennrowe.net/BaronCohen/Faces/EyesTest.aspx

I find this particularly difficult, and only scored 18. That may be one reason I prefer communications in writing rather in person.
16 Confused
16, I guess I not good at eyes
I think I could have done better if I was looking at a real person instead of a two dimensional picture. I always thought I was good at reading people but I'm just typicalSad Of course normally you have a lot more to go on.

[b]Your score: 26
A typical score is in the range 22-30. If you scored over 30,
you are very accurate at decoding a person's facial expressions
around their eyes. A score under 22 indicates you find this quite difficult. The correct answers for the ones you missed are:
2: upset
5: worried
8: despondent
9: preoccupied
10: cautious
16: thoughtful
20: friendly
26: hostile
35: nervous
36: suspicious

If an unusual amount of a guy's face is peripheral to his eyes, he's probably feeding you a line of crap.
(09-27-2011, 08:24 PM)illcommandante Wrote: If an unusual amount of a guy's face is peripheral to his eyes, he's probably feeding you a line of crap.

My only excuse is that I DO look at the face as a whole...(sigh)
I have been conned more than I care to admit, though.
Particularly by really good looking men with flirty eyes, wearing leather, who took me on fast motorcycle rides in the night.
Japanese bikes; not Harleys. Smiling
29. The highest so far. What is wrong with you people! I take social clumsiness to unprecedented levels for humans. I often am constrained to short doses, because in the real world it serves me well.

I missed "interested" for others often. Hell, I often don't interest myself! Inexperience tells I guess. Still, other than forum land ... observation serves me. What does interested mean anyway? Did I miss those two minutes of first impressions often?

As far as body language, reflection only supplies regret. If I only knew then what I know now. What does "interested" mean there?

Well ... interested does have many angles. Still ... missing it for introspection, caution and such ... is a bad misfiring in a social setting.

Or else the quiz is crap. Yes ... this quiz is crap.
(09-27-2011, 04:04 PM)PonderThis Wrote: How well can you "read" people? http://glennrowe.net/BaronCohen/Faces/EyesTest.aspx

I find this particularly difficult, and only scored 18. That may be one reason I prefer communications in writing rather in person.

If I had better writing skills I would agree.

So ... you're wrong.

(09-27-2011, 08:24 PM)illcommandante Wrote: If an unusual amount of a guy's face is peripheral to his eyes, he's probably feeding you a line of crap.

People don't lie with eyes.

Guy or otherwise. But there is the talented ... guy or otherwise.

Queue... are you PUII?!?! Razz
(09-27-2011, 09:57 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Queue... are you PUII?!?! Razz

A little Laughing

(09-27-2011, 10:11 PM)Queue Wrote:
(09-27-2011, 09:57 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Queue... are you PUII?!?! Razz

A little Laughing

Ha! Laughing Me too! Big Grin Cheers! Thumbs Up