Pho at Saigon Pho
A friend and her daughter had pho and bubble tea today...looks good!

[Image: phowh.jpg]
Yes, she does. Smiling
(09-28-2011, 08:11 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Yes, she does. Smiling

She's a freshman in high school, so keep your thoughts pure.Razz
Someone just posted they've changed the name to 'Saigon Sun' (?)
Is that the new place near Diamond Home Improvement in GP? Because I intend to eat there soon.
(09-28-2011, 08:26 PM)Crone Wrote:

She's a freshman in high school, so keep your thoughts pure.Razz)

Oh, I was meaning the mothers reflection in the sunglasses, certainly not the young girl. Smiling
(09-28-2011, 08:29 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Is that the new place near Diamond Home Improvement in GP? Because I intend to eat there soon.

Yes. Across the parking lot from Sizzler, same strip as Payless Shoes.
(I am Crone your personal GPS device) Laughing

Huzzah for pho! Dena, Pho Sun (they changed their name from Pho Saigon for some reason) is at the top of town next to Payless Shoes. The Pho is fantastic! Suzy, the drinks are called bubble tea or boba tea, mine is honeydew and ***** is mango. The splodges at the bottom are tapioca balls, which is why the straws are so huge Smiling. Just a heads up, the Pho bowls are literally the size of dinner plates, and hold a LOT of soup! I managed about 1/4 of mine and brought the rest home. If you've never tried Pho before, start with Pho Ga (chicken). Mine was beef with meatballs, and the meatballs tasted like there was organ meat in them - not unpleasant, but not beefy. One drawback was the beef was sliced too large, so I had a hard time eating it. Be careful with the chili paste, I got a little overzealous with mine and felt the burn!
Beef=horse or dog! Smiling
(10-01-2011, 10:07 PM)Vis4V Wrote: Beef=horse or dog! Smiling

Care to back that claim up with something tangible and legitimate?
(09-28-2011, 08:26 PM)Crone Wrote:

She's a freshman in high school, so keep your thoughts pure.Razz
Someone just posted they've changed the name to 'Saigon Sun' (?)
The name on their sign says Pho Sur as of yesterday. I stopped by to look at the menu. It looks promising.

Friday, I visited the Royal Barge Thai Restaurant on H Street to drop off veggies. A guy came in to apply for a job while I was there, and the lady server there told him the job was at Pho Sur. Then she told me that the person I remember that cooked at the Royal Barge is the one managing the new Vietnamese place. Maybe its her son.

I will give you a restaurant review of Pho Sur after I eat there.
(10-01-2011, 10:07 PM)Vis4V Wrote: Beef=horse or dog! Smiling

so is this racist or anti-ethnic? Maybe snowlover can te us what her friend meant.
I had lunch there yesterday. Ordered the Chicken Pho. It was fantastic, plenty of condiments to add to the broth. Service was very good and the size of the portion was huge. Oh yea the price was only $8 for a very big bole filled with noodles and a good amount of Chicken. I asked about MSG and they do not use it,and the meal wasn't overly salty as most Asian places can be. I can't have much sodium for health reason's.
I will return to try something else. Probable the vegetable Pho .
Thanks for your review. Now I am going Pho Sure.
Mmm, pho-- one of my favorite soups and yes, usually the meatballs in pho do have some organ meat in them in the whole 'use the cheap parts in soups' theory.
There's a menu in Saturday's Daily Courier, I don't have a scanner.
I found this online but it's not very easy to read. Maybe TVGuy can fix it so we old folks can read it better. Big Grin

[Image: phosurmenu.jpg]

Jesus. That's like trying to see Crone's naked lady in the avatar. Smiling
(10-02-2011, 12:13 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Jesus. That's like trying to see Crone's naked lady in the avatar. Smiling

Did you try the "control plus" thing?
(10-02-2011, 12:50 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-02-2011, 12:13 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Jesus. That's like trying to see Crone's naked lady in the avatar. Smiling

Did you try the "control plus" thing?

That ought to keep the guys busy for a little while! Laughing Wink
OK, I can barely make out her tits, but I still can't read the menu. Smiling