A Call To Action/Occupy
(10-03-2011, 07:51 PM)Crone Wrote:
(10-03-2011, 07:36 PM)GoCometsGo Wrote: TFF! A protest that you don't have to show up for. How better to say, "I'm with you, but not really." ???

Yes, perhaps, or also: "I'm with you in spirit."
Hey, I admit wimping out; I'm beyond the days of just taking off
for the city.
I have to plan..things have really changed.
Does it count that I contributed to the pizza fund for the
Occupy Wall Street folks today? Big Grin

I think we've all gotten the high hard one from Wall Street. However, I don't know if protesting, whether online or for real, is going to do much besides make people think that they are contributing to the "cause." It's sort of like wearing pink for breast cancer awareness. It's all well and fine... especially for the folks in the pink ribbon business.
I planned on cutting off a few log trucks along the way in celebration, too. Smiling
"Money for nuthin'" They're still singing that tune at The Federal Reserve.
(10-03-2011, 08:47 PM)illcommandante Wrote: "Money for nuthin'" They're still singing that tune at The Federal Reserve.

I don't think the chicks are free, though. Confused
No, they never really are. Smiling

I've sometimes got money for nuthin' though. Smiling
Didn't DSK get his chicks for free?
OK, if you don't count the cost to raise them, I suppose I've had some chicks for free: Smiling

[Image: 40434_2010_016.jpg]
I heard of a couple of kids who fought over a baby chick......
[Image: A%20Farmyard%20Scene%20with%20goats,%20c...0doves.jpg]
(10-03-2011, 09:51 PM)PonderThis Wrote: [Image: A%20Farmyard%20Scene%20with%20goats,%20c...0doves.jpg]

Good thinking, bring the animals
One time somebody had an emu they offered to give me, and I wanted to let that sucker loose in downtown Medford so bad... Smiling
I just dug my yardsale brooder out of the back of the garage. Everyone is all upset that I'm gonna get a rooster. But, how can you stop, when your heart says go?
(10-04-2011, 06:23 AM)illcommandante Wrote: I just dug my yardsale brooder out of the back of the garage. Everyone is all upset that I'm gonna get a rooster. But, how can you stop, when your heart says go?

Cock-a-doodle-do big guy....Big Grin
(10-03-2011, 10:19 PM)PonderThis Wrote: One time somebody had an emu they offered to give me, and I wanted to let that sucker loose in downtown Medford so bad... Smiling

The only emu I have seen in Oregon was out 140 headed for Lake of the Woods.
My most redneck friend I have just emailed me and said let's go protest Bank of America in Roseburg. Smiling

He said there's a protest happening in Eugene too, but he thought there should be something closer. When friends like him are wanting involved, this thing is spreading. Laughing
This is from Craigslist:

A Revolution is Coming. Will You Be There? (The entire country!)
Date: 2011-10-02, 3:09PM PDT
Reply to: comm-46mqc-2629084694@craigslist.org

If you don't know what's going on right now in this country, you need to educate yourself!

Occupy Wall St is spreading all over the country.

Occupy Ashland:
Oct 6
Downtown Plaza
Food will be provided so come down with some warm clothes and be ready to camp!

BE THE CHANGE
I think I'll occupy down town Sunny Valley instead. Big Grin
Yeah, too bad you guys chased off the strip club.
(10-04-2011, 01:00 PM)chuck white Wrote: I think I'll occupy down town Sunny Valley instead. Big Grin

I was thinking about occupying Sunny Valley with them pioneer folk this weekend. Can I borrow your Conestoga wagon? Ya'all have one in SV don't ya?
Have them? Hell. They use them for daily transportation.