A Call To Action/Occupy
Anonymous: Occupy The Planet
[Image: default.jpg]

[Image: OccupyPortland_poster01sm1.jpg]

OCTOBER 6 WATERFRONT PARK

ABOUT OCCUPY PORTLAND, OR
September 26th, 2011 · occupyportland · March Preparation 45 comments
Occupy Portland is a nonviolent movement for accountability in the United States government. At 12PM on October 6th, 2011 we will assemble at Tom McCall Waterfront Park, 1020 Southwest Naito Parkway in Portland, OR.

We will gather in solidarity with the ongoing protest in New York City, Occupy Wall Street, and the growing number of cities whose people will no longer sit back watching corporate and special interests run their government. We are citizens of the United States, and this country is ours. We will take it back.

It is no longer enough to vote and to participate in the political system because our political system has been altered drastically from its intended and proper function. Currently, we are allowed to pick from a few candidates whose campaigns are funded more and more by large organizations, corporations, and special interests. The success of their campaigns depends largely on how the corporate mass media presents them. When our elected officials enter office they then pander to the small groups responsible for their election. Even good men and women cannot make real improvements that benefit the American people.

We are one city in a growing national movement of people who no longer feel that their government works in their best interest. We will assemble on October 6th to demonstrate peaceful, substantive democracy and work for real change.

Our government is divided. We, the people, are united.

http://occupyportland.org/
Nice to hear from you, Janice. If a person were to want to go to this, do you have any idea where they would park and how they would navigate their way there? I don't know anything about Portland.
(10-02-2011, 01:19 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Nice to hear from you, Janice. If a person were to want to go to this, do you have any idea where they would park and how they would navigate their way there? I don't know anything about Portland.

They have a very good transportation network there.

http://trimet.org/index.htm
Tom McCall Waterfront Park is on the river in downtown Portland. It's easy to find.
Parking meters operate 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Saturday and you can use cash or a debit card. There is plenty of parking around the waterfront area. If you prefer to park out of the crowd you can park anywhere downtown and then hop on the Max to ride to the waterfront area. The Max is free in the fareless square area - basically all of downtown.

Check out TriMet: http://trimet.org/max/

The Max line going toward Waterfront Park is on Yamhill St.

Waterfront Park
http://www.portlandonline.com/parks/find...n=ViewPark

I hope to see you there and SPREAD THE WORD!
Occupy Portland on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/284344344909229/
Janice Darlin,
Can't express the pain of your too seldom posts have caused. (Well I could, but it's unseemly for a grown man to grovel and cry).

I want to try to keep this a simple as possible.

I support and applaud the "call to action".
But I have yet to see a protest I want to be a part of. They seem to bring out every nut job in town. And still, I understand the importance of demonstrating our views.

I won't be going to Portland, but I will "have" to join any "call to action" that is local. I will not be all that happy with the crowd, but I will be there.

Thanks for the heads up, and we hope to "see" you here more often.
(10-02-2011, 03:36 PM)Wonky Wrote: I have yet to see a protest I want to be a part of. They seem to bring out every nut job in town.

Funny, I was almost thinking about going to this one. Laughing
(10-02-2011, 03:46 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(10-02-2011, 03:36 PM)Wonky Wrote: I have yet to see a protest I want to be a part of. They seem to bring out every nut job in town.

Point proven. Razz

(10-02-2011, 03:36 PM)Wonky Wrote: Janice Darlin,
Can't express the pain of your too seldom posts have caused. (Well I could, but it's unseemly for a grown man to grovel and cry).

But I have yet to see a protest I want to be a part of. They seem to bring out every nut job in town. And still, I understand the importance of demonstrating our views.

I won't be going to Portland, but I will "have" to join any "call to action" that is local. I will not be all that happy with the crowd, but I will be there.

Wonky, nut jobs are my kind of people. No other group will have me. Thanks for doing your part in your own way....every voice counts.

Maybe we should hitch-hike up together.Big Grin
(10-02-2011, 04:12 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Maybe we should hitch-hike up together.Big Grin

Hubby and I will be going...we have room for two more, three if ya'll are thin.
(10-02-2011, 03:53 PM)janice Wrote: Wonky, nut jobs are my kind of people. No other group will have me. Thanks for doing your part in your own way....every voice counts.

[Image: Edd_Rock-my-freak-flag-still-flies.gif]
Quote:Wonky... I support and applaud the "call to action".
But I have yet to see a protest I want to be a part of. They seem to bring out every nut job in town.

And on this forumLaughing
Thank you for posting this, janice. We're going.
Occupy Wall Street Protesters Call For Totalitarian Government, Re-Election Of Obama

There is something very wrong with this picture
Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Despite their honest intentions, many of the Occupy Wall Street protesters are being suckered into a trap and calling for the very “solutions” that are part of the financial elite’s agenda to torpedo the American middle class – higher taxes and more big government.
Watch the clip below in which journalist Adam Kokesh talks to Occupy Wall Street protesters.

http://www.infowars.com/occupy-wall-stre...-of-obama/
(10-02-2011, 03:53 PM)janice Wrote:
(10-02-2011, 03:36 PM)Wonky Wrote: Janice Darlin,

Wonky, nut jobs are my kind of people. No other group will have me. Thanks for doing your part in your own way....every voice counts.
Hi Janice.Smiling I would love to go up for this. but I doubt I can get away. Lets see what comes down pike later. Have fun.
(10-02-2011, 06:59 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Thank you for posting this, janice. We're going.

Us too...what time should we leave to be there by noon?
I've never driven to Portland...we need to see it anyway. Cool
If you truly believe this is a worthwile movement full of regular people and not hippie wannabees, you would make time to go.

Although no one issue is a bad issue, by not focusing your priorities and message, it is getting lost to most people.
(10-02-2011, 07:23 PM)Crone Wrote:
(10-02-2011, 06:59 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Thank you for posting this, janice. We're going.

Us too...what time should we leave to be there by noon?
I've never driven to Portland...we need to see it anyway. Cool
at least by 7am. Do you have room for me? I can pitch in gas $$.
Or we could take my car. But cash flow says carpool. Cool Either way I can drive one way if you need.