Combat Sports? Well, I guess
(10-05-2011, 09:45 AM)tvguy Wrote: The program is intended for people struggling with anger issues: inappropriate expression of anger, rage, impulse control issues, passive aggressiveness, attitude issues, internalization of anger, self harming behaviors, control issues, inflexibility, poor boundaries, stress and overwhelm issues, communication issues, conflict resolution problems, and lack of assertiveness.

I'm not struggling at allBig Grin .IF I have anger it's healthy and not inappropriate. But I wonder about this advice coming from someone who has wasted countless hours bickering and trying to get the last word in with Hammy SammyLaughing

I'm not angry.
I have noticed that MANY of your posts appear to be really angry... almost 'out of control' angry. It makes me wonder what your blood pressure is like when you post.
That's all.

Ha Ha! Laughing Not really! Razz I'm sure there will be more! Wink
(10-05-2011, 09:47 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Nice that your anger is healthy and not inappropriate, but mine is wasted effort. Smiling

Yes It's nice.
(10-05-2011, 09:50 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-05-2011, 09:45 AM)tvguy Wrote: The program is intended for people struggling with anger issues: inappropriate expression of anger, rage, impulse control issues, passive aggressiveness, attitude issues, internalization of anger, self harming behaviors, control issues, inflexibility, poor boundaries, stress and overwhelm issues, communication issues, conflict resolution problems, and lack of assertiveness.

I'm not struggling at allBig Grin .IF I have anger it's healthy and not inappropriate. But I wonder about this advice coming from someone who has wasted countless hours bickering and trying to get the last word in with Hammy SammyLaughing

I'm not angry.
I have noticed that MANY of your posts appear to be really angry... almost 'out of control' angry. It makes me wonder what your blood pressure is like when you post.
That's all.

Ha Ha! Laughing Not really! Razz I'm sure there will be more! Wink

Yeah well I know it appears that way to some of you but I'm no where near out of control and rarely "really" angry.
What on earth in this thread makes you think any of this?
Well, the other threads have contributed some too. Smiling
Does A College Education Give MMA Fighters An Edge?

When many people look at mixed martial arts fighters they tend to think that these people make a living with their hands, knees, elbows, and feet because they are uneducated thugs or bar brawlers who can’t make a good living doing anything else – meaning any white collar type job or one that calls for a college degree. However, those same people would be very surprised to find out that many MMA fighters do have formal education under their championship belts. In the UFC, 70% of fighters have college degrees.

Some media outlets still paint a picture as mixed martial artists being nothing more than street fighters. It is a stereotype many fighters and MMA organizations are trying to change in order to gain more acceptance as a legitimate sport with real athletes.

http://www.themmazone.net/Martial-Arts-W...-fighters/
Good luck with that. At least some of us are going to think of the participants and the fans both as being somewhat low level people. Smiling

Speakin' right at ya, TV & Simon. Smiling
It's a thug eat dog world, so why not get some closeups. These guys make NASCAR look almost acceptabele.
(10-06-2011, 05:25 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Good luck with that. At least some of us are going to think of the participants and the fans both as being somewhat low level people. Smiling

Speakin' right at ya, TV & Simon. Smiling

Hows that crow taste ponder? Did you read Simon's link? So now that you were shown to be wrong you change from saying MMA fighters are dumb to your famous "low level" people.
So basically you think ANYONE who does something that YOU don't understand like MMA fighting or even fishing are low level people.

Thanks for letting EVERYONE know what I've known about you for a long time.
That I don't like people that take pleasure in killing or being a bully to others? Big deal.
(10-07-2011, 11:38 AM)tvguy Wrote: Hows that crow taste ponder? Did you read Simon's link? So now that you were shown to be wrong you change from saying MMA fighters are dumb to your famous "low level" people.
So basically you think ANYONE who does something that YOU don't understand like MMA fighting or even fishing are low level people.

Your posts do sound angry indeed.
I guess I haven't wrapped my head around the word "bullying" that seems to be thrown around so frequently. Many years ago a bully was someone who pushed you around for your lunch money or that tuna fish sandwich.

Today, it seems like anytime you have a disagreement with someone, it's bullying!

(10-07-2011, 12:23 PM)Duke Wrote: I guess I haven't wrapped my head around the word "bullying" that seems to be thrown around so frequently. Many years ago a bully was someone who pushed you around for your lunch money or that tuna fish sandwich.

Today, it seems like anytime you have a disagreement with someone, it's bullying!

So true. Ponder first can't believe that many MMA fighters are college educated because it goes against his preconceived notions.
Now when it's shown that he is wrong he refers to this SPORT as bullying:wacko:
(10-07-2011, 12:00 PM)Green Wrote:
(10-07-2011, 11:38 AM)tvguy Wrote: Hows that crow taste ponder? Did you read Simon's link? So now that you were shown to be wrong you change from saying MMA fighters are dumb to your famous "low level" people.

So what? What's wrong with that? yes arrogant pricks who think they are better than anyone who does something they don't understand make me a little angry.
(10-07-2011, 12:35 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-07-2011, 12:00 PM)Green Wrote:

So what? What's wrong with that? yes arrogant pricks who think they are better than anyone who does something they don't understand make me a little angry.

REMINDER:

(10-05-2011, 09:37 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Just a thought...

Anger Management
Locations in Ashland, OR and Medford, OR
http://www.kolpiacounseling.com/anger.html

Quote:Kolpia’s Anger Management Program

Kolpia now offers a 12 week Anger Management program for adults and teens.
The program is intended for people struggling with anger issues: inappropriate expression of anger, rage, impulse control issues, passive aggressiveness, attitude issues, internalization of anger, self harming behaviors, control issues, inflexibility, poor boundaries, stress and overwhelm issues, communication issues, conflict resolution problems, and lack of assertiveness.

12 week Anger Management Program:

Introduction to Anger Management
Understanding Anger
Anger Management Plans
Education on the Aggression Cycle
Cognitive Restructuring
Assertiveness Training
Conflict Resolution
Appropriate Expression of Anger
Anger and the Family
Anger’s affects on Thinking
Anger’s affects on Behaviors
Coping Skills
Managing Stress and Overwhelm
Communication Skills
(10-07-2011, 11:43 AM)PonderThis Wrote: That I don't like people that take pleasure in killing or being a bully to others? Big deal.

People who sport fish don't take pleasure in killing regardless of how often you make that ignorant comment.
And sports like wresting, boxing or mixed martial arts have nothing to do with bullying.

The big deal is not about what you think about hunting fishing or fighting or even soldiers. The big deal is what you think about people who participate in these activities.
The big deal is that you actually think your shit doesn't stink and that you look down on so many people.
Well, I think some people might examine their lives and elevate themselves from the things that voluntarily make themselves low life, too. Smiling
(10-07-2011, 12:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-07-2011, 12:23 PM)Duke Wrote: I guess I haven't wrapped my head around the word "bullying" that seems to be thrown around so frequently. Many years ago a bully was someone who pushed you around for your lunch money or that tuna fish sandwich.

So true. Ponder first can't believe that many MMA fighters are college educated because it goes against his preconceived notions.

So far as I'm concerned shoving people around, beating people up, forcing people to do something involuntarily because you think you're bigger or tougher or whatever - glorifying any of this stuff is the stuff of low life people. And being college educated (in what, basketweaving? Laughing ) doesn't change that a bit.

Acquire some more uplifting hobbies, and we'll all benefit. Evil
(10-07-2011, 03:06 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(10-07-2011, 12:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:

So far as I'm concerned shoving people around, beating people up, forcing people to do something involuntarily because you think you're bigger or tougher or whatever - glorifying any of this stuff is the stuff of low life people. And being college educated (in what, basketweaving? Laughing ) doesn't change that a bit.

Acquire some more uplifting hobbies, and we'll all benefit. Evil

Your ignorance and total willingness to condemn people because of it is mind boggling.

shoving people around, beating people up, forcing people to do something involuntarily because you think you're bigger or tougher or whatever - glorifying any of this stuff is the stuff of low life people

Um sorry but none of what you just described has anything to do with wrestling, boxing OR martial arts. two of which are Olympic sports.

I think you must have been beat up a lot as a child and never grew a pair or fought back. Nothing else explains your disdain for so many things.

Quote:And being college educated (in what, basket weaving ? Laughing ) doesn't change that a bit.
Basket weaving? So basically you are just unwilling to admit you were wrong.Try reading the link before you make even more of a fool of your self.

It shows several top MMA stars and their college degrees

Jeff Monson Ph.D. in Psychology
Rich Franklin Master's in Education
Carlos Newton Pre-medicine and is a linguist
Chuck Liddell Bachelor's in Accounting
Rashad Evans Master's in Psychology
Takeya Mizugaki Master's in Electrical Engineering
Keith Jardine Bachelor's in Human Performance and Sport
Cain Velasquez Bachelor's in Education
Forrest Griffin Bachelor's in Political Science

These men and others who hold a degree and fight could be earning good money in their field, which makes some people wonder why they don’t use their smarts, skills, knowledge, and education to obtain not just a job, but a career, instead of fighting in a ring or cage.

Despite their education many fight because they love the sport, others because they can’t find a job in their field, many do work a 9 to 5 and still fight, some will use their college degrees to have something to fall back on if fighting doesn’t work out or once they retire, and some simply seek the fame, fortune, travel, and excitement that comes with being a MMA fighter.

Surprisingly, Shane Carwin, who is considered one of the best fighters in the UFC, holds a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Colorado School of Mines as well as a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Technology from Western State College. Although, he earns an excellent salary as a fighter, he still works as an engineer.

http://www.themmazone.net/Martial-Arts-W...-fighters/

Edgar vs. Maynard
Saturday, October 8, 2011, at 9:00 p.m. ET
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/10/7/247...ns-preview

or

Political Science degree vs. Parks and Recreation degree
Saturday, October 8, 2011, at 9:00 p.m. ET
I can go as far as legitimate wrestling. But, no more. I do like wrestling.