Combat Sports? Well, I guess
any questions I have about what that is, have pretty well been answered. Where else but in Grants Pass, do we build character with combat sports? What kind of cretins expose their children to this crap and why aren't they being charged too? You'd think a freak could spot a freak.
(10-04-2011, 06:04 PM)illcommandante Wrote: any questions I have about what that is, have pretty well been answered. Where else but in Grants Pass, do we build character with combat sports? What kind of cretins expose their children to this crap and why aren't they being charged too? You'd think a freak could spot a freak.

Well it takes one to know what right?

As usual I don't really know what you are talking about but I know you like it that way.

I love the sport of mixed martial arts if that is what you are talking about.
(10-04-2011, 06:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-04-2011, 06:04 PM)illcommandante Wrote: any questions I have about what that is, have pretty well been answered. Where else but in Grants Pass, do we build character with combat sports? What kind of cretins expose their children to this crap and why aren't they being charged too? You'd think a freak could spot a freak.

Well it takes one to know what right?

As usual I don't really know what you are talking about but I know you like it that way.

I love the sport of mixed martial arts if that is what you are talking about.

Quote:OSP Arrests Grants Pass Man on Multiple Sex-Related Crimes Related to Luring a Minor (Photo) - 10/03/11
A Grants Pass area resident and business owner, who is also a registered sex offender in Oregon, was arrested Sunday by the Oregon State Police (OSP) after a criminal investigation revealed he was text messaging sexually explicit content to a 15-year old juvenile female and had made arrangements to meet her for the purposes of having sexual contact at his business.

On September 16, 2011, OSP received a request from the Jackson County Sheriff's Office to investigate allegations that a 31-year old male was sending sexually explicit text messages to a 15-year old female in the Josephine County area. An OSP detective at the Central Point Area Command office, working in cooperation with the victim and her family, took over the investigation.

On October 2, 2011, OSP detectives and troopers arrested GREGORY DEAN JONES, age 31, from Grants Pass, at a local convenience store parking lot where the suspect planned to pick up the juvenile female victim. JONES, a registered sex offender and owner of Oregon Combat Sports in Grants Pass, had arranged to pick the victim up and take her back to his business for the purpose of having sexual contact. JONES allegedly sent sexually explicit material to the juvenile and solicited her for sexual contact for two months after meeting her through his local business.

JONES was taken into custody without incident and lodged in the Josephine County Jail on the following charges:

* Online Sexual Corruption of a Child in the First Degree
* Online Sexual Corruption of a Child in the Second Degree
* Luring a Minor
* Furnishing Sexually Explicit Material to a Child

OSP is trying to confirm if there may be other victims who have had contact with the suspect. Anyone with information related to this investigation is asked to contact Detective Deanna Harris at (541) 618-7952.

Photograph Source: Josephine County Sheriff's Office

### www.oregon.gov/OSP ###
He probably started out as a soccer coach. My stepdad was one of these. Through no fault of his own, and as much a victim as his victims. But, I got an education. Judges protected him. Sheriffs protected him. Preachers protected him. Mental Health "Cured" him. Mentioning the problem out loud, might cause you trouble with the authorities. They did these things because he was "Protected".
What the fuck does any of your bullshit have to do with combat sports?

OMG why do I read anything from crazy motherfuckers.
(10-04-2011, 09:04 PM)tvguy Wrote: What the fuck does any of your bullshit have to do with combat sports?

Quote: JONES, a registered sex offender and owner of Oregon Combat Sports in Grants Pass, had arranged to pick the victim up and take her back to his business for the purpose of having sexual contact.

Put him on ignore. I'm sure he won't mind, or even notice...Wink
(10-04-2011, 09:04 PM)tvguy Wrote: What the fuck does any of your bullshit have to do with combat sports?

OMG why do I read anything from crazy motherfuckers.

Because sometimes CMF's have the questions, if not the answer.
There's another one of these combat sports freak shows going on at the school in Merlin. The Young Marines muster there on Saturday mornings. I hope their instructors aren't the two who ran out on me. Or the two who tortured me for Admiral McCain, when his sailors refused to do it. Or the baby killers who caused my troubles.
I haven't seen any evidence of harm to children from this combat sports gym.

Most of the opposition to combat sports which are actually mixed martial arts from ignorant people who don't understand the sport.
Boxing is more dangerous because boxers only target repeated blows to the head or body. When a boxers gets hit hard enough to wobble him he is given time by the referee to recoup and go out and get hit again.
Not so with MMA fights usually when a fighter gets his bell rung the opponent ends the fight often with a submission hold.

Many of these MMA fighters have college degrees and are not at all the dumb barbarians some people like to think.
What percentage, TV? I have an idea your hero's are, by and large, dumb as rocks. Smiling
Let's just make it sports, in general. Freaks putting on a show for couch potatoes. And, don't get me into "Motor Sports". Motor Sports is the only place I've actually lost a friend. Lost to the entertainment business. Which is all U of O is, anymore. We are represented there by a gang who can't marry into The Alumni (But can get there through a degree plan in "Police Science".
(10-05-2011, 08:10 AM)PonderThis Wrote: What percentage, TV? I have an idea your hero's are, by and large, dumb as rocks. Smiling

And there you go. Your ignorance and the presumptions that go with it prove my point about some peoples perception of this sport.
I can't give you any percentage because I doubt anyone has ever does any research.
I could name off several MMA stars who are college graduates but what good would that do? I doubt you know any of these people by name anyway.
A great many of these MMA athletes came from a wrestling back ground and some went to college on scholarships.

As far as the "my heroes" comment, that really reminds me of those who love to refer to Obama as the messiah. Or when I expressed my beliefs in Al Gore and others made the ignorant comment that he was my hero .

Funny the similarities of the ignorant or close minded. Admit it Ponder, you have a stereotype of fighters.
That's fucking great, babble on. Smiling
(10-05-2011, 09:19 AM)PonderThis Wrote: That's fucking great, babble on. Smiling

Except I wasn't babbling like your brain dead bullshitter friend and you are just evading my points.
I trained at The Olympic Auditorium. The wall I ran up against was the doctor. Just my luck to find an honest physician. But, I got a pretty good picture of that scene. It was a way out for most there. And, most there deserved a better way out. No one goes boxing because good fortune has smiled on them.
Just a thought...

Anger Management
Locations in Ashland, OR and Medford, OR
http://www.kolpiacounseling.com/anger.html

Quote:Kolpia’s Anger Management Program

Kolpia now offers a 12 week Anger Management program for adults and teens.
The program is intended for people struggling with anger issues: inappropriate expression of anger, rage, impulse control issues, passive aggressiveness, attitude issues, internalization of anger, self harming behaviors, control issues, inflexibility, poor boundaries, stress and overwhelm issues, communication issues, conflict resolution problems, and lack of assertiveness.

12 week Anger Management Program:

Introduction to Anger Management
Understanding Anger
Anger Management Plans
Education on the Aggression Cycle
Cognitive Restructuring
Assertiveness Training
Conflict Resolution
Appropriate Expression of Anger
Anger and the Family
Anger’s affects on Thinking
Anger’s affects on Behaviors
Coping Skills
Managing Stress and Overwhelm
Communication Skills
(10-05-2011, 09:17 AM)tvguy Wrote: Admit it Ponder, you have a stereotype of fighters.

You're absolutely right. Laughing

The program is intended for people struggling with anger issues: inappropriate expression of anger, rage, impulse control issues, passive aggressiveness, attitude issues, internalization of anger, self harming behaviors, control issues, inflexibility, poor boundaries, stress and overwhelm issues, communication issues, conflict resolution problems, and lack of assertiveness.

I'm not struggling at allBig Grin .IF I have anger it's healthy and not inappropriate. But I wonder about this advice coming from someone who has wasted countless hours bickering and trying to get the last word in with Hammy SammyLaughing
(10-05-2011, 09:41 AM)PonderThis Wrote:
(10-05-2011, 09:17 AM)tvguy Wrote: Admit it Ponder, you have a stereotype of fighters.

You're absolutely right. Laughing

Admitting you have a problem eh? That's a step in the right direction.
Nice that your anger is healthy and not inappropriate, but mine is wasted effort. Smiling