Local OWS Protests
It means "Guns to the people". Instead guns to waivered dropouts, with forged GEDs. Dropouts who'll do anything for the keys to a Mustang.
(10-16-2011, 01:11 PM)Crone Wrote: Pitiful.
Wouldn't it be cool if a sunspot or some kind of electrical storm totally wiped out television for, I don't know, just 2 or 3 weeks? I truly feel some of our countrymen/women would awaken from their tv slumber and look around. I feel they would be startled at where we've all been taken to.
Pardon me while I dream! Smiling

The die-hard right-wingers will not be swayed by any of this. Their 'let them eat cake' attitude is breathtaking. We can only hope that the Independent voters will veer to the left at election time.
(10-17-2011, 12:44 AM)Duke Wrote: What does Power to the people mean? I grew up believing in a value system. Study hard, good education, good job, work hard and live.

Today I see the gimme society because I deserve it.

What country in the world do the citizens have more "power" than this country? Hell even our convicted criminals have power. Even illegal immigrants have power.
I'm with you Duke. Anyone in this country who thinks they don't have power needs to look a little harder or work a little harder.
(10-17-2011, 10:17 AM)TennisMom Wrote: The die-hard right-wingers will not be swayed by any of this. Their 'let them eat cake' attitude is breathtaking. We can only hope that the Independent voters will veer to the left at election time.

I saw an entry on FB this morning: "The last time Republicans cared about you, you were a fetus."

These yayhoos block the vote on the Jobs Bill, but spend CASH for DOMA.
Kick these idiots out...Rolling Eyes
(10-17-2011, 11:59 AM)Crone Wrote:
(10-17-2011, 10:17 AM)TennisMom Wrote: The die-hard right-wingers will not be swayed by any of this. Their 'let them eat cake' attitude is breathtaking. We can only hope that the Independent voters will veer to the left at election time.

I saw an entry on FB this morning: "The last time Republicans cared about you, you were a fetus."

I agree!
And, there are are few liberal Democrats that we could do without too.

And therein lies the problem: Good government is very difficult in a democracy. That's a given but knowing that we need people representing us who understand the those difficulties and work past them. A few times in our history we have had that. Let's hope (or pray) that we might once again return to to that fine standard.

And I wonder: Does it reflect the attitudes of "us", the private citizen without office? Are we capable, and willing, to find that necessary center in dealing with those of different views?

Where does change and hope start? I think I want to join Clete in holding to my views, but being willing to listen and discuss without seeing others as my "foes".
Not easy, this democracy thing. Few really valuable practices are easy I guess.

saw something similar
"The last time Republicans cared about you, you were a fetus, on the way to planned parenthood."
(10-19-2011, 03:28 AM)Duke Wrote:

saw something similar
"The last time Republicans cared about you, you were a fetus, on the way to planned parenthood."

Yep, I think you too have a point. I guess the truth is clear to us depending on "the glasses we wear".
Thing is, you can't deny that we are in a world of hurt. Millions of people who want to work can't find a job. Those who do are working "below their pay grade" in many cases.
It's really hard to believe that working people caused this mess. It's clear that only people with some institutional power can start to fix it.
So, talking about bumper stickers seems to be a waste of energy.
I'd be curious to know how you (and others) feel about suggesting one effective thing "we" can do to start to reverse this real problem.

Negative shots across the bow simply won't do much.

I have never been without a job. May have not been the job I wanted, or the pay I wanted, but I always said "I was looking for a job when I got this one!" But nine times out ten, I got promotions and raises, that I stayed until I had to move for one reason or another. It's tough, but I have seen some tough people get great rewards. I have a sister who thinks the world owes her everything and jobs will come to her based on her qualifications.
She might be right, too. Smiling
(10-22-2011, 08:53 PM)PonderThis Wrote: She might be right, too. Smiling

How's that? seen too many like her and they all are on Central Park sleeping tonight.
I didn't know what your sisters exact qualifications were, I only know some people seem to possess qualifications such that the world brings them things and they seem to do fine. Smiling