GP Bigfoot
(11-16-2011, 03:24 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(11-16-2011, 01:43 PM)chuck white Wrote: Are you aware of the Cobra snakes that occupy approximately 1 to 2 sqaure miles between here and the coast.

C c c c cobra snakes??? Twitch Unsure Twitch

Yeah, I was about to say the same thing. Ninja
(11-16-2011, 03:24 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(11-16-2011, 01:43 PM)chuck white Wrote: Are you aware of the Cobra snakes that occupy approximately 1 to 2 sqaure miles between here and the coast.

C c c c cobra snakes??? Twitch Unsure Twitch

Gonna get ya!Laughing

I don't watch snake videos. I'm so snakeaphobic, I don't even like touching pictures of snakes in books. Smiling
(11-16-2011, 04:14 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I don't watch snake videos. I'm so snakeaphobic, I don't even like touching pictures of snakes in books. Smiling

Oh come on Ponder, I think this one is dead. Laughing
I wasn't going to give it the chance.

There's a reptile shop on the south end of Grants Pass, I went in there one time and wasn't sure I'd ever get out alive. One big slithery thing in a cage wanted to eat me and sensed my fear (and looked big enough to damn near do it, too), and they kept coming out of the back room with more of them slinked all over themselves, and customers wouldn't get out of my way either. It's the kind of place you can pay them $5 and they feed one of them a kitten or some such (not really, I think it's a bunny).

Just to salvage a bit of my reputation, insects don't bother me a bit, including all the stinging ones except maybe Bald Face Hornets - indeed, I've worked with bees many times with no bee suit at all. It just goes to show something, I'm not sure what.
(11-16-2011, 04:16 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(11-16-2011, 04:14 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I don't watch snake videos. I'm so snakeaphobic, I don't even like touching pictures of snakes in books. Smiling

Oh come on Ponder, I think this one is dead. Laughing

I got bit by a dead one once:wacko: Really I was just a doomass kid( as opposed to a doomass adult) and I was trying to pry it's mouth open. I did , I stuck my thumb under his upper lip and pried his mouth open until the fangs poked meTwitch

You can also get struck by a snake with no head that was killed hours before. No joke. I've skinned a few rattlers and their heart can still be beating hours after you lop it's head off. There's an old saying that a rattle snake never dies until after sunset. I can see how that got started.
It's no freaking wonder people are skeered of them. Sometime they give me the heebie jeebies.
A friend tells about unloading bales of hay one time and as someone pitched a bale off the truck he saw something lunging for him out of the corner of his eye, and it was a rattlesnake that had gotten baled up in the bale with just part of its body sticking out, still alive.

(11-16-2011, 04:40 PM)tvguy Wrote: Sometime they give me the heebie jeebies.
They always give me the heebie jeebies. I have seen some rather big ones crawling in the yard and it always spooks me.
There's something to say about being unaffected. I don't mind snakes. They have a startle factor. When the neighbors were freakin out about a snake on the street though and poking at it with a rake I went over to peer, basically. Call me stupid, but it didn't have a triangular head. Lots of stripes... I don't know which stripes are bad or good. But it wasn't striking. Just trying to get away. So I picked it up. Great. Now I have a snake.
sounds like a garter snake.