Oh, PLEASE Don't Let it Be 105 on Sunday!!
[Image: e5773f1512e64014a02f06f478748508.jpg]
Well your post got me to check some weather forecasts for GP. I see they are estimating 103 for Saturday and high 90s for Sunday.
(08-03-2012, 11:29 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Well your post got me to check some weather forecasts for GP. I see they are estimating 103 for Saturday and high 90s for Sunday.

This is a difficult decision for me.
It's not like I'm young, thin and beautiful, so I can't wear a bare minimum of clothing like the younguns.
I guess I could sit under a shade tree with a fan. Confused
My straw house has been staying so cool I've burned little fires the last two mornings just to get rid of paper and wood scraps. Smiling
(08-03-2012, 11:39 PM)PonderThis Wrote: My straw house has been staying so cool I've burned little fires the last two mornings just to get rid of paper and wood scraps. Smiling

Show off...our 12,000 btu A/C works great.
I can't haul it to Riverside Park to hear David Grismon and Jefferson State, though.
I don't like sweating...
(08-03-2012, 11:45 PM)Clone Wrote:
(08-03-2012, 11:39 PM)PonderThis Wrote: My straw house has been staying so cool I've burned little fires the last two mornings just to get rid of paper and wood scraps. Smiling

Show off...our 12,000 btu A/C works great.
I can't haul it to Riverside Park to hear David Grismon and Jefferson State, though.
I don't like sweating...

Have you tried the cooling neck bandana? You can get one at Walmart... I think Walgreens has them as well. They're under $15.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Misty-Mate-Arc...escription

[Image: 259027416038237737wsiM2icYc.jpg]

It's amazing how much they keep you cooled off.
It looks like she's being strangled to death by a tropical snake.
Oh... the other thing... a straw hat! Maybe you could just borrow Ponder's! His is nice!
(08-03-2012, 11:33 PM)Clone Wrote:
(08-03-2012, 11:29 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Well your post got me to check some weather forecasts for GP. I see they are estimating 103 for Saturday and high 90s for Sunday.

This is a difficult decision for me.
It's not like I'm young, thin and beautiful, so I can't wear a bare minimum of clothing like the younguns.
I guess I could sit under a shade tree with a fan. Confused

Wear the bare minimum and go!
Ha! We're going to check it out a little later, but I WILL be wearing more than the bare minimum in order to keep the peace.

Someone on Facebook said the last time they saw David Grisman it cost them $55; I'll go check out the scene. If it's too hot and muggy I can just go home! (or take a dip in the river).
Performance Schedule:
DAVID GRISMAN BLUEGRASS EXPERIENCE Performs at 7:30pm
STATE OF JEFFERSON 6pm
SEQUOIA 5pm
SWEETGRASS 4pm

DAN EAGAN 3:15pm
MICHELLE BELLAMY 2:30
MATT HILL 2pm
FRANKIE HERNANDEZ 1pm
Well did you make it? We went away for the weekend where we thought it would be cooler. It was just too hot everywhere unless you were in the water....Big Grin
(08-05-2012, 10:15 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Well did you make it? We went away for the weekend where we thought it would be cooler. It was just too hot everywhere unless you were in the water....Big Grin

Nope, I put on my clothes, including my hat, and stood out in the yard in the shade for about 10 minutes. I started sweating. We didn't go. Sad

We DID just buy tickets for the Russian River Jazz and Blues Festival on the Russian River in CA...now I'm desperately searching for a room at the inn. There must be something else going on at the same time. Every Best Western within 50 miles, there are 9 or 10 are fully booked already.
(08-05-2012, 10:42 PM)Clone Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 10:15 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Well did you make it? We went away for the weekend where we thought it would be cooler. It was just too hot everywhere unless you were in the water....Big Grin

Nope, I put on my clothes, including my hat, and stood out in the yard in the shade for about 10 minutes. I started sweating. We didn't go. Sad

We DID just buy tickets for the Russian River Jazz and Blues Festival on the Russian River in CA...now I'm desperately searching for a room at the inn. There must be something else going on at the same time. Every Best Western within 50 miles, there are 9 or 10 are fully booked already.

Too bad.Sad