Man Saves His Goat by Killing a Cougar
[Image: cougar_thumb.jpg]

WILLIAMS — Jared Kiser woke up in the wee hours of Wednesday morning to a wild surprise on his front porch. A cougar was attacking his 1-year-old goat, Taco.
“I walked out in my front room and something was on top of my goat,” said Kiser, 34, who heard a commotion outside.
“The cougar actually had my goat’s neck in its mouth. If you looked out my window, you would’ve thought for sure he was a dead goat.”
He grabbed his shotgun and headed for the door. He stood right outside the doorframe and shot the cougar behind the ear from about 10 yards away. Taco survived.
“My goat is fine. That’s what I’m really happy about,” said Kiser, who was amazed to kill the 85-pound female cat that stretched about six-feet long from nose to tail. “It’s pretty rare to get a cougar.”
Kiser said he rarely encounters problematic wild animals at his home in Williams, but he’s not surprised because he’s surrounded by land with thriving wildlife.

http://web.thedailycourier.com/zachsadventures/
A mangy ass goat for a beautiful cougar? Whatever. Maybe he should have thought twice about naming the goat Taco. Could be a Hispanic cougar.
People are told over and over to keep livestock like this inside at night . I don't think that porch is what they meant.
Anyway that cat may have been killing pets or livestock for a long time . If not it probably would in the future.
(11-25-2011, 05:06 PM)tvguy Wrote: A mangy ass goat for a beautiful cougar? Whatever. Maybe he should have thought twice about naming the goat Taco. Could be a Hispanic cougar.
People are told over and over to keep livestock like this inside at night . I don't think that porch is what they meant.
Anyway that cat may have been killing pets or livestock for a long time . If not it probably would in the future.

Someone on Facebook remarked the cougar looks pretty thin...the poor thing must have been really hungry. That goat is saying: "Thank you JESUS, I have been SAVED!"

See why I'm trying to talk hubby into a 12 gauge? Ya never know.
Hah Luv luv luv.
I hope he didn't let the meat go to waste, Cougar can be pretty good eatin's
(11-25-2011, 05:56 PM)chuck white Wrote: I hope he didn't let the meat go to waste, Cougar can be pretty good eatin's

Yuck! Like eating a big house cat!
(11-25-2011, 06:09 PM)Crone Wrote:
(11-25-2011, 05:56 PM)chuck white Wrote: I hope he didn't let the meat go to waste, Cougar can be pretty good eatin's

Yuck! Like eating a big house cat!

Only "gamier"
(11-25-2011, 04:57 PM)Crone Wrote: [Image: cougar_thumb.jpg]

WILLIAMS — Jared Kiser woke up in the wee hours of Wednesday morning to a wild surprise on his front porch. A cougar was attacking his 1-year-old goat, Taco.
“I walked out in my front room and something was on top of my goat,” said Kiser, 34, who heard a commotion outside.
“The cougar actually had my goat’s neck in its mouth. If you looked out my window, you would’ve thought for sure he was a dead goat.”
He grabbed his shotgun and headed for the door. He stood right outside the doorframe and shot the cougar behind the ear from about 10 yards away. Taco survived.
“My goat is fine. That’s what I’m really happy about,” said Kiser, who was amazed to kill the 85-pound female cat that stretched about six-feet long from nose to tail. “It’s pretty rare to get a cougar.”
Kiser said he rarely encounters problematic wild animals at his home in Williams, but he’s not surprised because he’s surrounded by land with thriving wildlife.

A shotgun? From 10 yards away? I'm not a gun person, I don't own a gun, but isn't that kind of a far reach for an accurage hit with a shotgun? The cougar doesn't look bloody and the goat unscathed? Edumacate me, please.

(11-25-2011, 05:06 PM)tvguy Wrote: A mangy ass goat for a beautiful cougar? Whatever. Maybe he should have thought twice about naming the goat Taco. Could be a Hispanic cougar.
A waste for sure. Who gives a fuck about a goat that was probably owned by an illegal immigrant. Where is Larry when we need his guidance on these issues?
No shit , thanks TV , just for being you and being there for us .
(11-25-2011, 06:29 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(11-25-2011, 04:57 PM)Crone Wrote: [Image: cougar_thumb.jpg]

A shotgun? From 10 yards away? I'm not a gun person, I don't own a gun, but isn't that kind of a far reach for an accurage hit with a shotgun? The cougar doesn't look bloody and the goat unscathed? Edumacate me, please.

30 feet with a shotgun, loaded with 00buck, is not that far away, it's totally doable especially with a tight choke.
A tight choke. Right. I have no clue. I just thought that shotguns really sprayed. 10 yards, that's 30 feet, I thought the shooting range on a shotgun was shorter. Of course, people shoot birds....and that's probably 100 yards. I admit my complete ignorance.
It is a yuck story.
(11-25-2011, 07:35 PM)cletus1 Wrote: It is a yuck story.

Well, I try. Sorry! Smiling
(11-25-2011, 08:51 PM)Crone Wrote:
(11-25-2011, 07:35 PM)cletus1 Wrote: It is a yuck story.

Well, I try. Sorry! Smiling
No, its not the post, its the story. Millions of easily reproducible goats vs one beautiful Cougar. F**k those goatsBig Grin. You know what I mean.
(11-25-2011, 09:39 PM)cletus1 Wrote: No, its not the post, its the story. Millions of easily reproducible goats vs one beautiful Cougar. F**k those goatsBig Grin. You know what I mean.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Williams, Oregon...where men are men and the goats are very afraid. Laughing
Well, you DID say f**k those goats, right??? Cool
The sad reality is, and yes, I fully understand that some my will condemn to hell for my opinions, but here's what we know:

1. The guy moved built in Cougar territory. Yes, we have more Cougars than the ecosystem "needs", since we outlawed hounds and bait, but we also outlawed the activities of sione inbred stupid ass jerks that abused cats and dogs for their own demented enjoyment.

2. The cat was doing what most of us do; trying to make a living in her own back yard.

3. Taco was, inadvertently, made to be Cougar bait, since it was not enclosed.

4. Taco is one lucky goat to have the cat be killed by a shotgun blast and come out unscathed.

5. It's sad the cat was destroyed but, looking at it's condition and understanding the desperation it must have felt, venturing on to the porch, it is likely better off. That cat was obviously not physically ready to go in to the winter.

(11-25-2011, 09:45 PM)Crone Wrote:
(11-25-2011, 09:39 PM)cletus1 Wrote: No, its not the post, its the story. Millions of easily reproducible goats vs one beautiful Cougar. F**k those goatsBig Grin. You know what I mean.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Williams, Oregon...where men are men and the goats are very afraid. Laughing
Well, you DID say f**k those goats, right??? Cool

Ha! You know who lives out there in B.F. Williams, Oregon... don't ya?!?! Wink Laughing
But you can eat cougar tonight, and the goat later.
(11-25-2011, 04:57 PM)Crone Wrote: ...Snip..

Man saves cat by killing a goat.
Man saves bug by killing a rat.
Man saves picnic by killing a bug.

Another goat eat the picnic food while stupid humans play horseshoes.

Round and round it goes, ...