Site changes - 11/27/2011
Greetings folks!

A couple of changes have been rolled live today:
  • The Site-Wide Forum Rules have been changed and simplified. Please give them a read here. Please remember that the each section has its own rules, which appear in a red box in several places:
    • Directly above the message field on the "Post a new Thread" page
    • Directly above the message field on the "Post a new Reply" page
    • Directly below the "Quick Reply" fields
  • In the interest of transparency, site ban details are now public. The link to the ban list is in the bottom footer.

Additionally, the per-section rules will be given an overhaul shortly. I'll update this thread when that's done.

Thanks,

Kam
First off, sorry to those who have messaged me or reported posts recently; I haven't been around much since I've been pretty busy at work and on several other projects, and Fatty has been out of the area on vacation, so things have kinda been on auto-pilot.

A few more changes are complete:
  • Cleaned up the wording of the site-wide rules a little more, as they were still kind of long-winded. Nothing with the content has changed, it's just less wordy.
  • The rules unique to each section have been added/tweaked in a fairly large, red font. Please read them before postng/replying, they're right next to the box where you type your message. Smiling
  • A new "Off-Topic" section was created under Debate for things that don't fit in elsewhere.

A couple of reminders/requests:
  • Please remember to maintain a good fellowship. Repeatedly flaming, trolling, and attacking the same people is (and has always been) against the rules. This will start being enforced if it continues being an issue.
  • The debate sections don't have the "no personal attacks" rule, but please keep in mind the fellowship one. If gets out of hand and people are complaining, someone will step in to stop it.

Upcoming notable changes:
  • There's an update to the forum software that I need to apply soon. I need to copy some data and roll it out in my development environment first, and probably will be re-writing some of my plugins for it, so no ETA yet.

Any questions or comments, please feel free to follow up.

Thanks!

Kam