Error Message...Ugh, I'm Corrupted
My puter did a Hardware Diagnostics today and it failed one check.
The Error Message is: Code: HD521-2W, The Read Element of the Test Failed.

I Goggled and am trying to ignore the forums saying I'm fu*ked and am in the process of crashing...there are two fairly manageable solutions so far.

Does anyone have experience here? Any suggestions? Kam?

First one:

How to FIX error code HD521 ?

Fixing Error HD521 manually is a difficult process and it is not recommend unless you are an expert in this field.

Therefore, we recommend you to use Regservo. It is reliable PC Repair tool that can do all the hard work for you.

Please follow the 3 steps below:

(1) Download and install ( HD521 Repair Tool). RECOMMENDED

(2) Click the "Scan Now" Button. and wait for the scan to finish.

(3) Click the "Fix" button to fix all identified errors.

Note: Please make sure that you restart your computer after regservo fixes all your identified errors.

How to FIX error code HD521 ?

Fixing Error HD521 manually is a difficult process and it is not recommend unless you are an expert in this field.

Therefore, we recommend you to use Regservo. It is reliable PC Repair tool that can do all the hard work for you.

http://error-toolkit.com/errors.php?t=HD521#fix

Option Two

What is hd521 error?

The hd521 error is the Hexadecimal format of the error caused. This is common error code format used by windows and other windows compatible software and driver vendors.

This code is used by the vendor to identify the error caused. This hd521 error code has a numeric error number and a technical description. In some cases the error may have more parameters in hd521 format .This additional hexadecimal code are the address of the memory locations where the instruction(s) was loaded at the time of the error.

What causes hd521 error?

The hd521 error may be caused by windows system files damage. The corrupted system files entries can be a real threat to the well being of your computer.

There can be many events which may have resulted in the system files errors. An incomplete installation, an incomplete uninstall, improper deletion of applications or hardware. It can also be caused if your computer is recovered from a virus or adware/spyware attack or by an improper shutdown of the computer. All the above actives may result in the deletion or corruption of the entries in the windows system files. This corrupted system file will lead to the missing and wrongly linked information and files needed for the proper working of the application.

How to easily fix hd521 error?

There are two (2) ways to fix hd521 Error:

Advanced Computer User Solution (manual update):

1) Start your computer and log on as an administrator.

2) Click the Start button then select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.

3) In the new window, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" option and then click Next.

4) Select the most recent system restore point from the "On this list, click a restore point" list, and then click Next.

5) Click Next on the confirmation window.

6) Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.

Novice Computer User Solution (completely automated):

1) Download (hd521) repair utility.

2) Install program and click Scan button.

3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.

4) Restart your computer.

http://www.wiki-errors.com/wiki-errors.php?wiki=hd521
I've spent a lifetime being corrupted but I don't know anything about this. Smiling
(11-30-2011, 03:59 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I've spent a lifetime being corrupted but I don't know anything about this. Smiling

I love it when a man admits to not knowing something.
Do you ask for directions, too? Big Grin
It's probably time to get a new hard drive. The sooner the better.
Sadly, that does usually mean some sort of physical damage to the hard drive. First things first, be sure you have important things backed up somewhere else (DVD media, an external hard drive, online backup system, etc.).

Is the machine a pre-built system (Dell, HP, Gateway, etc.) or a custom build? Still under warranty? Desktop or laptop?
I back up everything on my external hard drive, and it was a good thing I did because my hard drive died a few weeks ago and I had to get a new one and transfer everything onto it. that's why i say the sooner the better. Try to get it done before the old one dies completely.
You have my utmost sympathy.
(11-30-2011, 05:01 PM)kgasso Wrote: Sadly, that does usually mean some sort of physical damage to the hard drive. First things first, be sure you have important things backed up somewhere else (DVD media, an external hard drive, online backup system, etc.).

Is the machine a pre-built system (Dell, HP, Gateway, etc.) or a custom build? Still under warranty? Desktop or laptop?

Desktop..Compaq...6 years old.
No back up (eeek)
I just need to back up my photos.
There is somewhere online I can do this?
(11-30-2011, 05:49 PM)Crone Wrote:
(11-30-2011, 05:01 PM)kgasso Wrote: Sadly, that does usually mean some sort of physical damage to the hard drive. First things first, be sure you have important things backed up somewhere else (DVD media, an external hard drive, online backup system, etc.).

No back up (eeek)

This thing will store up to stores up to 2,850 photos and it's only 10 bucks at Walmart

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sandisk-4GB-Fl...k/19486220

(11-30-2011, 05:49 PM)Crone Wrote:

No back up (eeek)

yes, depends on how much you need to back up.

best to copy to a dvd, USB burners for dvds were running $50 last year.
If you want to save everything possible you should take it ASAP to a professional. I had a similar but worse hard-drive problem. I brought it to AIC on E street and they saved almost everything on my ruined hard-drive and re-installed it on a new one. I think it was $120.00 for a new hard-drive, extra memory added and complete service.

http://aicgp.com/
(11-30-2011, 08:30 PM)Valuesize Wrote: If you want to save everything possible you should take it ASAP to a professional. I had a similar but worse hard-drive problem. I brought it to AIC on E street and they saved almost everything on my ruined hard-drive and re-installed it on a new one. I think it was $120.00 for a new hard-drive, extra memory added and complete service.

Thank you, SIR!
Sounds like my kind of plan. Wink
I may be crazy, but I don't seem to be losing data...it's a problem with sleep. The computer dies instead of sleeping, so I have to hold the power button in to turn it off and then restart.
I need to take it in, though...perhaps one day it just won't start back up. Sad
(11-30-2011, 09:34 PM)Crone Wrote:
(11-30-2011, 08:30 PM)Valuesize Wrote: If you want to save everything possible you should take it ASAP to a professional. I had a similar but worse hard-drive problem. I brought it to AIC on E street and they saved almost everything on my ruined hard-drive and re-installed it on a new one. I think it was $120.00 for a new hard-drive, extra memory added and complete service.

Thank you, SIR!
Sounds like my kind of plan. Wink
I may be crazy, but I don't seem to be losing data...it's a problem with sleep. The computer dies instead of sleeping, so I have to hold the power button in to turn it off and then restart.
I need to take it in, though...perhaps one day it just won't start back up. Sad

Take it as early as you can tomorrow so you have a chance of getting it back before the weekend. These guys remind me of Penn and Teller. Laughing
(11-30-2011, 08:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: This thing will store up to stores up to 2,850 photos and it's only 10 bucks at Walmart

When I insert the sandisk into the computer, will it be somewhat self evident how to transfer the photos?
I'm sorry...this is so embarrassing. Embarrassed

(11-30-2011, 10:20 PM)Crone Wrote:
(11-30-2011, 08:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: This thing will store up to stores up to 2,850 photos and it's only 10 bucks at Walmart

When I insert the sandisk into the computer, will it be somewhat self evident how to transfer the photos?
hit My computer and see if it is registering as an external memory device first . Then go to your photo files and see if you can send them to it.
(11-30-2011, 10:20 PM)Crone Wrote:

Aint nothing to be embarrassed aboutSmiling I copied these instruction for ya. It doesn't sound like the flash drive is the total answer but they are cheap and way cool.
You can put all of your pictures on it and then go to a friends or wherever and use another PC to put all of your pics on a disc. Then use it to down load their music, take it home and put on your PCLaughing

How to Use a SanDisk Flash Drive

Find your computer's USB 2.0 Port. If you have bought a computer in the last two years, then all of your USB ports should conform to the USB 2.0 standard. However if you have an older computer, you may only have one or two that fit the 2.0 protocol. In these cases, the USB 2.0 ports are usually in the front, but if you aren't sure you can check your computer's owners manual, or look at the hardware profile section of your computer (which is in the Control Panel, if you are using Windows).

Plug the metal part of the flash drive into the designated port that you found in the step above. You may need to apply a little bit of pressure, as it will be a snug fit, but be careful not to jam it in there too harshly.

Install any specific driver software. Many SanDisk flash drives, such as the Titanium models, have special drivers and security software that come pre-loaded on the flash drive. If this is the case, a window will pop up once the drive is plugged in. Simply follow the window prompts to install the software and then restart your computer to move on. Note: you will need to unplug your flash drive during the restart process, but you can plug it back in once your computer has fully rebooted.

Transfer and save files on to your flash drive.Your flash drive will be accessible now in the "My Computer" section. Simply click on the flash drive icon to open a window which will display the flash drive's contents. You can drag files into this window to move files onto the flash drive or save them directly to the device by selecting it from the drop-down menu when you are asked where you want to save your work. To retrieve files from the USB flash drive, simply use the same window and drag the contents you your desired location.

By Jove, I think I can manage this.
Thanks, TV, I've been meaning to do this.
I should have always put photos on one...now I
just have to go through and delete all
those avatar photos first! Wink