advertsing that you want to commit a crime?
(12-01-2011, 01:50 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(12-01-2011, 01:04 PM)Crone Wrote: I wish I had a picture of Charley to post.
A large boned but very tall, curvaceous, busty, lusty, platnium blonde. Perfectly painted pouty lips and a voice like liquid silk. Kinda like a blonde Jessica Rabbit. She tended to have her way with the males of our species. Laughing Cool

Me too, I wish you had a picture to post Big Grin

I wish I could remember her last name, I'd look for her on Facebook....
OMG!
Laughing Surprised Laughing Razz Laughing
The cops would follow my wife until they were sure she was home and safe. One time, she wove her story around the puppy in her lap. Sober, she can think even faster. But sober, you don't often get pulled over for drunk driving. I can live with sober. Even if she does think faster than I do.
You should always have a dog with you. Not only do cops fear them a little, and don't have any good place to put them while they try to search you or whatever, but should they arrest you for something they have to wait for animal control to come get the dog, something they deem an annoyance. I highly recommend always riding with a good dog. Smiling
(12-01-2011, 06:52 PM)illcommandante Wrote: The cops would follow my wife until they were sure she was home and safe. One time, she wove her story around the puppy in her lap. Sober, she can think even faster. But sober, you don't often get pulled over for drunk driving. I can live with sober. Even if she does think faster than I do.

LaughingLaughingLaughing
(12-01-2011, 07:03 PM)PonderThis Wrote: You should always have a dog with you. Not only do cops fear them a little, and don't have any good place to put them while they try to search you or whatever, but should they arrest you for something they have to wait for animal control to come get the dog, something they deem an annoyance. I highly recommend always riding with a good dog. Smiling

That's why the homeless always have dogs.....thanks for the insight.
(12-01-2011, 11:09 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-01-2011, 11:01 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-01-2011, 09:56 AM)tvguy Wrote: I think they have a way to prevent that. I accidentally stuck my renewal sticker on my license plate in the wrong place. I couldn't peel it off without tearing it up even when I used a hair dryer.
They are very thin and fragile now.

Couldn't you take the top three or four off at once? How about using Goof-Off? That shit takes ANYTHING off.

It was a new car I bought for my main squeeze. A Volvo that came from California.So they were brand new plates. I didn't try goof off. I have some industrial stuff that cost me 20 bucks at M&M paint that I use to remove bumper stickers or the residual glue from them. I didn't try that either:wacko:
I'm sure they can be removed I just think they are designed to make it very hard to do.
I think it's only 5 bucks to go get new ones.

Nail polish remover works well for taking off 'stickies' from mirrors and cabinets in the house. It might work on registration tags but I haven't tried it on those.

We all should be collectively annoyed when people try to evade paying for these fees. This money pays for a lot of related highway expenses. I sympathize with this guy to some extent but we all have to pay the freight. What he doesn't pay, I have to pay to make up for his shortfall. Not exactly fair, is it? Neutral

If you were willing to risk the ticket, you could do it too. Society will probably make more money off him with punishments and court hassles than it would have cost him to comply, and we'll all get entertainment from him in the meanwhile. I find it acceptable personally. Smiling
Electrical contact spray will take a lift ticket off in one piece. Follow the same rules used in making "Honey" with butane. Stand close to a snowbank. But, if somebody did burn Mt Ashland to the ground, I think we'd all be better off.
(12-03-2011, 12:27 PM)PonderThis Wrote: If you were willing to risk the ticket, you could do it too. Society will probably make more money off him with punishments and court hassles than it would have cost him to comply, and we'll all get entertainment from him in the meanwhile. I find it acceptable personally. Smiling

Baloney. I find it common that some people think the man makes all this big money off of people who commit crimes. I don't think so.

How the hell does society "make money" off him with punishments and court hassles? That all costs society money. You find it acceptable?
Your logic is very similar to my less than law abiding type acquaintances. It a common way people rationalize that committing certain crimes are OK.
Didn't the local police in GP have a camera connected to a computer, connected to Oregon DMV , with which they were driving merrily along, till the comp. started singing of expired tags? And it was the license number, not the color of the sticker. But yes, cops eyes look for color.
(12-05-2011, 11:56 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-03-2011, 12:27 PM)PonderThis Wrote: If you were willing to risk the ticket, you could do it too. Society will probably make more money off him with punishments and court hassles than it would have cost him to comply, and we'll all get entertainment from him in the meanwhile. I find it acceptable personally. Smiling

Baloney. I find it common that some people think the man makes all this big money off of people who commit crimes. I don't think so.

How the hell does society "make money" off him with punishments and court hassles? That all costs society money. You find it acceptable?
Your logic is very similar to my less than law abiding type acquaintances. It a common way people rationalize that committing certain crimes are OK.

I've driven 80 mph, and I've been caught. I can tell you directly how they made money off of me. Smiling
(12-05-2011, 12:12 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(12-05-2011, 11:56 AM)tvguy Wrote:

I've driven 80 mph, and I've been caught. I can tell you directly how they made money off of me. Smiling

I'm not saying that they never make a profit. Only that a lot of people think it's all about them making money like you were just saying about the guy who counterfeits a license plate sticker.
I don't know how many times I've heard.. "it's all about the money".
I was driving my dump truck without plates to the insurance agents office to get insurance (I swear to God) and then DMV and I got caught driving without insurance or plates either one. I'm still paying SR22 on that one. They made a lot of profit off that, too.

All because I was being so damn cheap then I didn't even have a telephone. I didn't say every decision I've made has been wise. Smiling
(12-05-2011, 12:31 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I was driving my dump truck without plates to the insurance agents office to get insurance (I swear to God) and then DMV and I got caught driving without insurance or plates either one. I'm still paying SR22 on that one. They made a lot of profit off that, too.

All because I was being so damn cheap then I didn't even have a telephone. I didn't say every decision I've made has been wise. Smiling

Wow dude that was really dumb but It's not like I haven't taken risksSmiling. I still don't care about your anecdotal evidence that the state can make a profit. I already said I know they sometimes can.
The authorities caught you driving with a non licensed truck and no insurance. The SR22 was put in place to insure that if you don't pay your insurance on time your drivers license will be suspended.
As far as making a lot of profit. How much do they lose in fees with all the people who get away with not licensing a dump truck because they don't use it much and live near the quarry? How much do they lose when some uninsured driver kills someone and society has to put him in jail.
I'm just saying, if they didn't profit off of some people like you or me when I just got fined for talking on a cell phone...Then we would either have less traffic law enforcement or we would be taxed more.
The cops are trying their hardest to get the pot smokers into the revenue stream, with the drunks. But, they don't have a dog that can run that fast.