advertsing that you want to commit a crime?
On Craigslist in the Items wanted section.

License plates with current tags - $10 (grants pass)

This may sound odd to some but we are wanting/needing a set of non stolen license plates with current tags. We are not looking for tags good for a year we just need tags good for a couple months. I am working full time supporting a family of four and we bought a car that has out of state plates. If we transfer current plates and tags we can save some money for christmas. We really can't afford the 263 dmv wants for a title change plates and tags along with late fee for title right now so if you have a car truck etc that still has current plates and tags and want to sell them call us. 541 955 9689. Thank you and happy holidays.
(11-30-2011, 11:50 PM)tvguy Wrote: On Craigslist in the Items wanted section.

License plates with current tags - $10 (grants pass)

This may sound odd to some but we are wanting/needing a set of non stolen license plates with current tags. We are not looking for tags good for a year we just need tags good for a couple months. I am working full time supporting a family of four and we bought a car that has out of state plates. If we transfer current plates and tags we can save some money for christmas. We really can't afford the 263 dmv wants for a title change plates and tags along with late fee for title right now so if you have a car truck etc that still has current plates and tags and want to sell them call us. 541 955 9689. Thank you and happy holidays.

"Oh, what tangled webs we weave, when we practice to deceive....."
I've seen guys peel the old yearly renewal stickers off until they came up with one colored close to the current year's tags.
Colored tape works good
just add a little black writing with a pen
For all we know it could be a police sting to catch people who will sell them.
(12-01-2011, 03:52 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I've seen guys peel the old yearly renewal stickers off until they came up with one colored close to the current year's tags.

I think they have a way to prevent that. I accidentally stuck my renewal sticker on my license plate in the wrong place. I couldn't peel it off without tearing it up even when I used a hair dryer.
They are very thin and fragile now.
(12-01-2011, 09:02 AM)broadzilla Wrote: For all we know it could be a police sting to catch people who will sell them.

NO way BZ would they put that much time and effort in to such a small time crime. I think it's just another example of stupid people on CL.
Plus that same phone # is listed on several classifieds for other things online (firewood, tools, etc.)
(12-01-2011, 09:56 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-01-2011, 03:52 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I've seen guys peel the old yearly renewal stickers off until they came up with one colored close to the current year's tags.

I think they have a way to prevent that. I accidentally stuck my renewal sticker on my license plate in the wrong place. I couldn't peel it off without tearing it up even when I used a hair dryer.

I didn't say how many years ago that was. Laughing
(12-01-2011, 09:56 AM)tvguy Wrote: I think they have a way to prevent that. I accidentally stuck my renewal sticker on my license plate in the wrong place. I couldn't peel it off without tearing it up even when I used a hair dryer.

Couldn't you take the top three or four off at once? How about using Goof-Off? That shit takes ANYTHING off.

(12-01-2011, 11:01 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-01-2011, 09:56 AM)tvguy Wrote: I think they have a way to prevent that. I accidentally stuck my renewal sticker on my license plate in the wrong place. I couldn't peel it off without tearing it up even when I used a hair dryer.

Couldn't you take the top three or four off at once? How about using Goof-Off? That shit takes ANYTHING off.

It was a new car I bought for my main squeeze. A Volvo that came from California.So they were brand new plates. I didn't try goof off. I have some industrial stuff that cost me 20 bucks at M&M paint that I use to remove bumper stickers or the residual glue from them. I didn't try that either:wacko:
I'm sure they can be removed I just think they are designed to make it very hard to do.
I think it's only 5 bucks to go get new ones.
Years ago, an old friend in CA glued on a part of a Budweiser label since the color that year was red.

She got busted driving up 101 to Eureka doing 85 in her classic Cadillac. The CHP officer figured out what she had used and cracked up. He let her go and wished her good luck. It really is true blondes have more fun. Mad
Laughing Laughing Laughing
(12-01-2011, 12:17 PM)Crone Wrote: Years ago, an old friend in CA glued on a part of a Budweiser label since the color that year was red.

She got busted driving up 101 to Eureka doing 85 in her classic Cadillac. The CHP officer figured out what she had used and cracked up. He let her go and wished her good luck. It really is true blondes have more fun. Mad
This is what she TOLD you right? I'm not saying the story in impossible but when a cop pulls you over I think they immediately call in the license #. So I wonder how they could let someone go even if they wanted to.
But like you said" years ago". I know I'm a skepticBig Grin
(12-01-2011, 12:35 PM)tvguy Wrote: This is what she TOLD you right? I'm not saying the story in impossible but when a cop pulls you over I think they immediately call in the license #. So I wonder how they could let someone go even if they wanted to.
But like you said" years ago". I know I'm a skepticBig Grin

I wish I had a picture of Charley to post.
A large boned but very tall, curvaceous, busty, lusty, platnium blonde. Perfectly painted pouty lips and a voice like liquid silk. Kinda like a blonde Jessica Rabbit. She tended to have her way with the males of our species. Laughing Cool
My aunt swears she was riding with a attractive young lady who was stopped for speeding, and the officer asked where the fire was. She replied "Between my legs, but your hose isn't long enough to put it out". She, too, got off with a warning. Smiling
But I've done just as good. The last time I was stopped, I passed a federal law enforcement vehicle on a twisty paved road I often travel and know well. He whipped in behind me and I figured he was going to stop me anyway, but I didn't slow down (wouldn't that look guilty?). He followed a couple of miles before he flipped on the lights. My first words to him were "You must want to congratulate me for knowing this road so well, huh?" They let me off on that one, too. Smiling
I would imagine being your passenger on those BLM roads would be an exciting experience. Do your passengers get out and kiss the ground when you come to a stop? Laughing

When I lived here in the 70's, I used to entertain visiting Californians by exhibiting how an Oregonian in a pickup can meet an oncoming full logging truck on a one lane forest road and pass each other on a curve without either one stopping. I've done it a hundred times, but can't explain how it works. LOL
Not everyone wants to ride with me. Smiling
(12-01-2011, 01:04 PM)Crone Wrote: I wish I had a picture of Charley to post.
A large boned but very tall, curvaceous, busty, lusty, platnium blonde. Perfectly painted pouty lips and a voice like liquid silk. Kinda like a blonde Jessica Rabbit. She tended to have her way with the males of our species. Laughing Cool

Me too, I wish you had a picture to post Big Grin