Craigslist Finds
Quote:$35 Stay at 'Comfy Microsuede Pull-Out Couch Smiling' by the night (Grants Pass)

Pull-out sofa in shared room

$35
per night
Includes:
Smoking Allowed
TV
Cable TV
Air Conditioning
Heating
Kitchen
Parking Included
Washer / Dryer
Breakfast
Family/Kid Friendly
Description
IN ORDER TO BOOK MY PLACE, IT IS REQUIRED YOU MESSAGE ME FIRST TO CONFIRM AVAILABILITY. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW SmilingNew age condo located right next to the Rogue River. Included in your stay is satellite service and continental breakfast basics of Hosts choice such as coffee/hot tea and fruit for 1st morning after check-in. Smoking is allowed outside. There is parking available in the lot behind the apartment. The kitchen/washer/dryer can be used at your disposal, but we ask that you please respect that we live there too and respect our things as you would your own. The Guest bathroom is located downstairs and the shower is in the Master Bedroom until the other roo... Read full description.
http://medford.craigslist.org/sub/2688585434.html
Makes you wonder what it costs to move into the big bed. Smiling
(12-04-2011, 03:19 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Makes you wonder what it costs to move into the big bed. Smiling

Maybe I should have included a photo of the couch. It does look comfy. Big Grin

[Image: large.jpg]
The person needs a fumigation room as well. Yuck .
For someone to stay for a month would cost over $1,000. It would be cheaper to rent an apartment somewhere, no?
What does 'shared room' mean? Are there several other couches which get pulled out for other people? What if one of them wants to watch tv until 2 o'clock in the morning? Wow, $35 to sleep on someone's couch.
(12-04-2011, 11:38 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-04-2011, 03:19 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Makes you wonder what it costs to move into the big bed. Smiling

Maybe I should have included a photo of the couch. It does look comfy. Big Grin

I was thinking more of value-added services.
Quote: 'TennisMom' pid='159367' dateline='1323024209']
For someone to stay for a month would cost over $1,000. It would be cheaper to rent an apartment somewhere, no?

You could say the same about any motel room no?Wink

Quote:What does 'shared room' mean? Are there several other couches which get pulled out for other people? What if one of them wants to watch tv until 2 o'clock in the morning? Wow, $35 to sleep on someone's couch.

What I read is "shared" means that you are sharing with the family who lives there. I think it's funny that it says "smoking allowed" and then later it says smoking allowed "OUTSIDE".:wacko:

I don't think it's such a bad deal. What does a motel cost now?

It is weird though to trust and let a total stranger in your house.

Sounds to me like drugs are involved.
(12-04-2011, 07:00 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: Sounds to me like drugs are involved.

Why? It sounds to me like someone is trying to get enough cash to pay the rent.
Why would someone pay to sleep on someone's couch?
You can couch surf for free: http://www.couchsurfing.org/
(12-04-2011, 07:27 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-04-2011, 07:00 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: Sounds to me like drugs are involved.

Why? It sounds to me like someone is trying to get enough cash to pay the rent.
Smells fishy. Either that or they wanted to get rid of freeloaders and figured this would be a way out.
(12-04-2011, 08:20 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: Smells fishy.

Ding, ding, ding! If you click on the "contact me here" link it brings you to a site very similar to Scrappers site. Laughing Clever marketing?
I got a fold out couch on Craigslist. I need it out of my drive. The cougar might be using it now.
(12-04-2011, 10:18 PM)illcommandante Wrote: I got a fold out couch on Craigslist. I need it out of my drive. The cougar might be using it now.

I hope not, it hard to get the smell out.