Crone AWOL?
Yea, I nod off a lot.
Even when awake I'm not very alert.
But...
I see Crone's account is "inactive".

What's that all about Alfie?
(12-12-2011, 07:28 PM)Wonky Wrote: Yea, I nod off a lot.
Even when awake I'm not very alert.
But...
I see Crone's account is "inactive".

What's that all about Alfie?

Why in the Hell would she want to keep coming around here?
I'll give you 4 guesses... and all of them will probably be right!
Too many people are caustic... just suck the life out of a person.
Hell... even the folks supposedly running the show seem to just blow smoke up your ass most of the time.
I think she got too drained by all of the negative energy around here. Can't say I blame her..
Compared to the stench that was ILGP last time I visited there this place smells like roses and anyone who denies it is fibbin. Smiling
(12-12-2011, 08:04 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: Compared to the stench that was ILGP last time I visited there this place smells like roses and anyone who denies it is fibbin. Smiling

Riiiiight... where you one of the trouble makers over there that got banned?
Nope I talked with Tim for quite awhile about things and then I joined up with his cooperation and left of my own accord. The hatred for God there was stifling.
Reckless love. So enticing, but there is an accounting.
Wow Clete is turning poet . * Like*
I have it on good authority Crone isn't coming back, and you can thank the poster above me. Also Kam for allowing it to happen, if you want to go there.
Crone didn't know how to use the ignor feature?
She came to take it personal that every single post was attacked with a full dose of looney tunes, in a manner no one else seemed to mind. I don't know if you can truly ignore something like that, or, at least, whether she could. It's not really my place to say more though.
I am sad to see Crone leave.
I spend much more time reading the posting of others than commenting on the topics. V3 of joshua has been on very good behavior for along time. He would hold a counter opinion to Crone, and if that is attack so be it.

As to Crone being "passionate" about her stances great. Not everyone has to agree with you. That is a point the far fringes of the political spectrum don't seem to get.

If you can't stand the heat.
(12-13-2011, 05:25 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I have it on good authority Crone isn't coming back, and you can thank the poster above me. Also Kam for allowing it to happen, if you want to go there.

Ponder is correct.
And, yes... Kam is just as guilty as his "crazy uncle in the attic".
Along with every single RVF member that turns a blind eye to the psychotic one.
You may not care. Well, you obviously don't care.
Cowardly, really.
I, however, do care. Sad
She and I didn't always see eye to eye but she seemed like a nice person. Maybe she will change her mind, there are people here that drive me up the wall, but I do not put them on ignore because once in a while they come up with something totally great.
Well...
Thanks all.
Now I know. Sorry I missed her swan song.
Crone and I had some verbal sparing, but always found a way to reconcile. I admired her skills with the language, and she is well read and informed.

I find it difficult to understand why we have so much trouble using our "ignore" abilities. This community, like all others, is bound to have it's share of nut jobs. I know, because I'm this years chairman of the nut jobs.

I will miss Crone. I had the pleasure of meeting her (only once) and her husband. She is a person with a rich history and valuable experiences.

I once posted one of my goofy rants about "our better selves". While I never seem to be able to express ideas clearly, I had this kind of thing in mind while trying to compose it.

I know we have members who know Crone personally. I hope you will encourage here to come back and add her valuable voice to our discussions.

And lastly, some have criticized KAM for his lack of monitoring. I'd like to point to the early days of this forum when it was demanded by most (as I recall) that we have an open forum without oversight to language and personal responses. We have made our bed. Sleep well.
(12-13-2011, 07:24 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(12-13-2011, 05:25 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I have it on good authority Crone isn't coming back, and you can thank the poster above me. Also Kam for allowing it to happen, if you want to go there.

Ponder is correct.
And, yes... Kam is just as guilty as his "crazy uncle in the attic".
Along with every single RVF member that turns a blind eye to the psychotic one.
You may not care. Well, you obviously don't care.
Cowardly, really.
I, however, do care. Sad

I think in this case, it's the same as the accusations made about the BBQ thing. That information wasn't shared with the 'group'. The same in this case. In terms of 'blind eyes.' I also will probably regret I posted this.
(12-13-2011, 08:31 AM)Wonky Wrote: And lastly, some have criticized KAM for his lack of monitoring.

If there is no monitoring, then there is no monitoring.
Just don't blow smoke up my ass. It's insulting.
Just as a point of clarification, I was not personally criticizing Kam for his lack of monitoring, I was more trying to convey what I interpreted Crone's feelings to be.

I don't truly know what I would do about monitoring if I owned the forum. It frankly looks like it would be a thankless and tedious endeavor at times, before you'd even get to being playground monitor too. I like the way we can communicate by forum, but how do you sort out the nutjobs (and, like monkeys at keyboards, sometimes they have strokes of brilliance, too). Besides that, if you banned someone, it's probably not too hard to come back with new names all over again, and who needs that cat and mouse game? I can readily see what drove Tim to quit. In case I need to add, bravos to Kam.
Crone will be missed. I find the attack stuff to be counterproductive and to be honest don't have a good idea how to defend others short of being subtle.
Subtle doesn't work here at least not as well as 2x4s and I hope that wasn't to subtle.
(12-13-2011, 08:50 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Just as a point of clarification, I was not personally criticizing Kam for his lack of monitoring, I was more trying to convey what I interpreted Crone's feelings to be.

I don't truly know what I would do about monitoring if I owned the forum. It frankly looks like it would be a thankless and tedious endeavor at times, before you'd even get to being playground monitor too. I like the way we can communicate by forum, but how do you sort out the nutjobs (and, like monkeys at keyboards, sometimes they have strokes of brilliance, too). Besides that, if you banned someone, it's probably not too hard to come back with new names all over again, and who needs that cat and mouse game? I can readily see what drove Tim to quit. In case I need to add, bravos to Kam.

Every 'free speech' forum has a troll.