Crone AWOL?
(12-13-2011, 08:49 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(12-13-2011, 08:31 AM)Wonky Wrote: And lastly, some have criticized KAM for his lack of monitoring.

If there is no monitoring, then there is no monitoring.
Just don't blow smoke up my ass. It's insulting.

Anyone else care to respond to this? Given this members "signature" I think I'll pass.

(12-13-2011, 08:44 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(12-13-2011, 07:24 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(12-13-2011, 05:25 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I have it on good authority Crone isn't coming back, and you can thank the poster above me. Also Kam for allowing it to happen, if you want to go there.

Ponder is correct.
And, yes... Kam is just as guilty as his "crazy uncle in the attic".
Along with every single RVF member that turns a blind eye to the psychotic one.
You may not care. Well, you obviously don't care.
Cowardly, really.
I, however, do care. Sad

I think in this case, it's the same as the accusations made about the BBQ thing. That information wasn't shared with the 'group'. The same in this case. In terms of 'blind eyes.' I also will probably regret I posted this.

That "information" was frequently shared with the group, and she was generally ridiculed for it. For some reason that poster gets special deference in a way Crone never understood as a relatively more recent member (a point she was often reminded of).

As for myself, I'd just as soon respond to nonsense with more buffoonish nonsense right back (when I'm not ignoring it), but that's just me. We all have our own thresholds and our own ways of dealing with things.
That's true. Except I'm not sure what you are referring to with the ridicule thing. I quite like Crone.
(12-13-2011, 08:50 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Just as a point of clarification, I was not personally criticizing Kam for his lack of monitoring, I was more trying to convey what I interpreted Crone's feelings to be.

I don't truly know what I would do about monitoring if I owned the forum. It frankly looks like it would be a thankless and tedious endeavor at times, before you'd even get to being playground monitor too. I like the way we can communicate by forum, but how do you sort out the nutjobs (and, like monkeys at keyboards, sometimes they have strokes of brilliance, too). Besides that, if you banned someone, it's probably not too hard to come back with new names all over again, and who needs that cat and mouse game? I can readily see what drove Tim to quit. In case I need to add, bravos to Kam.

Hey, I think Kam and Fatty do a fairly decent job here. It's not a job I would want. My issue is that certain people have been aware of specific issues with certain RVF members (here on RVF... as well as away from RVF). Yet it continues. And... good people are run off.
You'd have to look up all her past posts, I suppose, to understand. A more tedious task than I'm up to.
I wish Crone had stayed, and another had left in her place.
(12-13-2011, 09:29 AM)broadzilla Wrote: I wish Crone had stayed, and another had left in her place.

Oh... Me too. Wink Eyebrows Zipped Happy
Should we draw lots, or have a poll? Smiling
People come and people go, but I hope she returns. I really like her participation. Besides, we were supposed to go out and have adult beverages together some day.

In fact, I'm waiting for someone to invite me to go out and have a New Years beer. I have to be home by 6:30, but I'm still a fun person to drink a beer with, just ask Wonky.

It will probably be just me and Ponder this year. Smiling
I wonder what happened to CometMom ?
Last I saw she was beloved over at The World about the same amount as you were in KC.
KC is slow.
I have been thinking of departing this place for some time and leaving it to those willing to put up with these nauseating individuals interested only in bullying people behind false façades and driving people off to find other avenues of discussion.

This place has become a den of several loud mouths and bullies. Try to get an intelligent word out of the bedeviled Hamsandwich between his psychotic religious rants. TV, the real hater of freedom and justice who calls everyone who disagrees with him a HATER of America. Larry is just plane.............well a Larry. And DUNNO is the newest layer of mindless shit to hit the airwaves.

There is little, if any exchange of ideas; and if anyone tries they only get a few people whose only literary abilities are limited to bashing people they don't even know, probably to make up for some emotional short coming and everyone else who stayed on here.

Is it the fault of the moderators? I don't know. But there are other blogs that do have intelligent discussions between people of various political persuasions that do not dissolve into name calling but try to use the English language to express thoughts and ideas that might compel a second, or two of contemplation from the other side.

There are ways to stop these blabber mouths, but that requires a total ignoring of their posts and there seems little interest in following that lead and more and more people will be leaving or not joining the so called ''conversations'' here because of a few babbling boobs, and I don't mean a woman's breasts.

And this is for Crone...............Leonard

Funny thing Leon , I seem to recall you and Crone deciding that DUNNO needed to go .
Attributed to Edmund Burke Irish statesman,
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

But,
The English took Ireland.
Len, Crone et. al., you should stay.

Quote, Willie Krash,
When everybody is thinking the same, no one is thinking.
This has always been a tough place. Even in the beginning.

I didn't always agree with what Crone posted but if I didn't agree I just kept quiet. Most times. I will miss her posts though.

It is a tough, thankless job being a moderator. You will never, ever, satisfy everyone. It is also a pain in the ass to launch and maintain one of these forums.

The bottom line is that if you are not willing to put up with what happens, it is probably best not to participate at all. We all have opinions and invariably there will be those that will not agree with your opinion. I often get the feeling here that many posters become incensed because their opinion isn't taken as fact or readily accepted.

Sometimes it is even beneficial to accept that your opinion might not be correct. It is called a learning process.

That is life. That is what people are like. Get over it. Life goes on.

(12-13-2011, 11:50 AM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: Funny thing Leon , I seem to recall you and Crone deciding that DUNNO needed to go .
gee, I never knew. is it because I don't use enough filthy language? How pathetic. I thought of that contingency as the peanut gallery, I didn't know that they considered themselves the heavy hitters. They say nothing that isn't party line and then jump relentlessly on anyone who diverges from the party line. I don't think that they have caught up with TV's concession that homosexuality is aberrant but natural.

Some people who I thought always offer genuine thought provoking discourse were Prospero, always balanced and fair, Kno1 and Tia, Cometmom..Wings of Justice, Oregonlover.

Imaham, yes indeed.
A hat tip to you sir as you know the secret. It is a learning game as to how not to put yourself in that predicament. It is interesting (not) to do so. Like a big forum board game.
Knight to queens pawn.
Now I'm doomed..
(12-13-2011, 02:54 PM)DUNNO Wrote: Some people who I thought always offer genuine thought provoking discourse were Prospero, always balanced and fair, Kno1 and Tia, Cometmom..Wings of Justice, Oregonlover.

Other than Tia and Prospero, I believe most of those members are before my time.
I would ask you to think about why they left or quit posting.
Perhaps there might be a familiar ring.
Your assumed assessment in these cases would be incorrect. I wouldn't assume much as far as those from the MTF and how they feel about me being the way you see it. Those that do voice it though not in the same vein as you do..