Man sets self on fire (Talent)
(10-28-2012, 02:19 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(10-28-2012, 06:24 AM)christopherslife Wrote: [quote='PonderThis' pid='240176' dateline='1351423256']
This story is almost a year old and your family is the one dredging this stuff up, not us. And, forum comments were based on what was publicly available at the time, in the newpapers
I'm sorry for your losses, it can't be easy to come from a family devoid of basic literacy skills.

i am positive u guys could have talked about another story or maybe half of u could have been a little more thought full
[/quote
What I hear you saying Christopher, is that it should not have been brought up. But it was in the news. So, who are you angry at? The news who ran it or people (anywhere, but in this forum since you are here) for discussing it. Sure there are cruel comments, but I (the thread starter) wasn't posting it for that reason. Personally I was horrified, but yes, I usually discuss current, local news.

well if y'all watched the news u would have seenon there that my aim Lisa told the truth about Steven Christpher so there for everyone got a whole story u guys only hose to write about u wanted to hear
(10-28-2012, 04:00 PM)christopherslife Wrote: im not doing this for sanity i know how my cousin is and i don't care i the ppl who post here care about my life y should they all i was stating is when they post something they should think about it first because i assure one day his daughter or mom will c this and it will kill them to read the horrible things said

Listen up dude. You posted TO ME, I didn't say anything "horrible" about your cousin . Even though you have a point about what some people have said, I personally am beginning to get sick of your lectures.
(10-28-2012, 04:04 PM)christopherslife Wrote:
(10-28-2012, 02:19 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(10-28-2012, 06:24 AM)christopherslife Wrote: [quote='PonderThis' pid='240176' dateline='1351423256']
This story is almost a year old and your family is the one dredging this stuff up, not us. And, forum comments were based on what was publicly available at the time, in the newpapers
I'm sorry for your losses, it can't be easy to come from a family devoid of basic literacy skills.

i am positive u guys could have talked about another story or maybe half of u could have been a little more thought full
[/quote
What I hear you saying Christopher, is that it should not have been brought up. But it was in the news. So, who are you angry at? The news who ran it or people (anywhere, but in this forum since you are here) for discussing it. Sure there are cruel comments, but I (the thread starter) wasn't posting it for that reason. Personally I was horrified, but yes, I usually discuss current, local news.

well if y'all watched the news u would have seenon there that my aim Lisa told the truth about Steven Christpher so there for everyone got a whole story u guys only hose to write about u wanted to hear

Yep you're right. I shouldn't have posted a thread about a local news story, because I knew his family would come on here a year later and be pissed.
(10-28-2012, 03:10 PM)Larry Wrote: Considering that this was an old scab being peeled open, the best response from ALL of the regulars here should have been... nothing.

It would have made christopherslife feel good to have had his/her say, and that would have been the end of it.

I hope the family can continue to heal, and the best way you can do that is to leave this forum and ignore it.

Yes, but we can't all be perfect.
all i am saying is u guys say this is local news well u should have got all the facts from the news and news papers that's all and urn right maybe u guys should talk about things that r less tragic or not make so many horrible comment about someone's family member
Thank god this family and Gordie's aren't related.
(10-28-2012, 04:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-28-2012, 04:00 PM)christopherslife Wrote: im not doing this for sanity i know how my cousin is and i don't care i the ppl who post here care about my life y should they all i was stating is when they post something they should think about it first because i assure one day his daughter or mom will c this and it will kill them to read the horrible things said

Listen up dude. You posted TO ME, I didn't say anything "horrible" about your cousin . Even though you have a point about what some people have said, I personally am beginning to get sick of your lectures.

for one I am not a dude for two i just posted on all the bull shit I have read I never said YOU personally had said anything bad I was saying the coments made were horrible and messed up
(10-27-2012, 07:08 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(10-27-2012, 07:05 PM)christopherslife Wrote:
(10-27-2012, 07:00 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: I guess your keyboard is missing some keys then.

its my phone an i am typing so fast an messing up because it hurts to read these things Chris has been gone nearly a year an to read all the insulting things people r saying about him kills me i am sure all of the people on this website talking shit didn't know Chris
Don't pay any attention to these assholes Christopherslife. They are just amusing themselves at someones else expense as usual.

well thank you and its not that they get to me it's just hard people would say some of the things that I have read like "do you think he would do it again with gas prices going up?" it just hurts to read those things and my cousin wasn't the drug adict everyone says he was yes he had a drug problem at points in his life but he would also give you the shirt off his back if you who doesn't know him asks. He was the sweetest most loving person I know. But thank you for not being rude to me
This whole exchange really burns me up.
(10-28-2012, 12:25 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-27-2012, 06:37 PM)christopherslife Wrote:
(12-17-2011, 03:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-17-2011, 11:48 AM)TennisMom Wrote: What would possess someone to do that to themselves? The guy survived, which is actually worse than death IMHO. Burn survivors go through Hell. What a horrible thing.

Like VS said the guy is a meth head. Maybe he was trying to burn all the bugs off of his skin.
The do all kinds of crazy stuff. I know a guy who was so high on meth that when he passed a sheriff's car he turned around his car and started chasing the sheriff. :wacko:

so i find this extremely rude Chris was mycousin an i know for damn sure he was not on drugs nor had he been in a few weeks he had a brain injury from being hit.in the head with a hammer when he was younger it wasn't about drugs and i don't respect that most of u sit up here and talk bad on him not knowing all the facts or anything how would u feel if this was urn cousin brother or dad how do u think it makes his family feel to really this crap u guys post its really immature so maybe u should think who u r hurting before u write stuff we all have lived with Chris we knew his problems and i u want to know the true a week before this happened we tried to et him mental help and the city of medford turned us and Chris down. so there Ian the truth it was a mental break for him do u know how it is to not be able to c urn kids or live with a split personality well if u debt then keep urn mouth shut

I'm sorry for your loss but I'm not sure what you think is is rude about My post. Someone asked why your cousin would do such a thing and I gave an honest answer.
What part was so "rude"? Because I said he was a "meth head"? That's a common term for meth users and your cousin was a KNOWN meth user.

teh fact you said he was trying to burn the bugs off. Like really if you guys were really in to local news you would have read or seen that christopher was clean when he died and had been he was mentally ill not on meth so maybe like I said when you guys start these forums you should get all the facts or at least 90% of them
So tell us more about this hammer, How did such a tragic accident, that left him mentally ill happen?
I had an accident with a hammer once, did a number on my thumb.
(10-28-2012, 06:14 PM)chuck white Wrote: So tell us more about this hammer, How did such a tragic accident, that left him mentally ill happen?
I had an accident with a hammer once, did a number on my thumb.

we was protecting his sister for a guy an the kid hit him in the back i the head with a hammer and i know ur bet question will b was he drugs an no that was before he did drugs
I think we need to call in Royal Wildfire to translate. He speaks jive.
(10-28-2012, 06:37 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I think we need to call in Royal Wildfire to translate. He speaks jive.

After some thought, I came to this thread to ask a simple question: Where is the common decency here?!?!
BUT... I think BBQ may be right... this may actually be a job (that doesn't involve mowing or lawns) for Mark Seligman. Blink
(10-28-2012, 03:55 PM)christopherslife Wrote:
(10-28-2012, 03:10 PM)Larry Wrote: Considering that this was an old scab being peeled open, the best response from ALL of the regulars here should have been... nothing.

It would have made christopherslife feel good to have had his/her say, and that would have been the end of it.

I hope the family can continue to heal, and the best way you can do that is to leave this forum and ignore it.

thank u and that is all i wantedto do knowing it was an old forum i was venting because it made severally up set an thank u for the an i do know no matter what is said i an my family know the whole truth.behind Steven Christopher life. thank u i hope u have a great day.

christopherslife. did you miss this part? For your sake and your family, the best thing you can do is forget about this website. Please.
(10-28-2012, 05:58 PM)christopherslife Wrote:
(10-28-2012, 12:25 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-27-2012, 06:37 PM)christopherslife Wrote:
(12-17-2011, 03:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-17-2011, 11:48 AM)TennisMom Wrote: What would possess someone to do that to themselves? The guy survived, which is actually worse than death IMHO. Burn survivors go through Hell. What a horrible thing.

Like VS said the guy is a meth head. Maybe he was trying to burn all the bugs off of his skin.
The do all kinds of crazy stuff. I know a guy who was so high on meth that when he passed a sheriff's car he turned around his car and started chasing the sheriff. :wacko:

so i find this extremely rude Chris was mycousin an i know for damn sure he was not on drugs nor had he been in a few weeks he had a brain injury from being hit.in the head with a hammer when he was younger it wasn't about drugs and i don't respect that most of u sit up here and talk bad on him not knowing all the facts or anything how would u feel if this was urn cousin brother or dad how do u think it makes his family feel to really this crap u guys post its really immature so maybe u should think who u r hurting before u write stuff we all have lived with Chris we knew his problems and i u want to know the true a week before this happened we tried to et him mental help and the city of medford turned us and Chris down. so there Ian the truth it was a mental break for him do u know how it is to not be able to c urn kids or live with a split personality well if u debt then keep urn mouth shut

I'm sorry for your loss but I'm not sure what you think is is rude about My post. Someone asked why your cousin would do such a thing and I gave an honest answer.
What part was so "rude"? Because I said he was a "meth head"? That's a common term for meth users and your cousin was a KNOWN meth user.

teh fact you said he was trying to burn the bugs off. Like really if you guys were really in to local news you would have read or seen that christopher was clean when he died and had been he was mentally ill not on meth so maybe like I said when you guys start these forums you should get all the facts or at least 90% of them

Actually I said MAYBE he was trying to burn all the bugs off of his skin.

With the information given in the post it was simply a possibility I mentioned. I went on to mention people on Meth do all kinds of crazy stuff and I backed that up with a story about a meth head that I knew.

Sorry but this person was a meth user. You are so worried about the facts? The fact that he was not on meth when he killed himself doesn't have anything to do with what I said. And you can't claim that meth didn't have a part in what he did just because he was mentally ill.

Maybe you should take all this energy you are wasting on total strangers that are talking about other total strangers and volunteer somewhere to help recovering meth addicts.
(10-28-2012, 04:37 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Yes, but we can't all be perfect.

Whatever. It's my opinion and I can express it. Correct?
(10-28-2012, 07:57 PM)Larry Wrote:
(10-28-2012, 03:55 PM)christopherslife Wrote:

thank u and that is all i wantedto do knowing it was an old forum i was venting because it made severally up set an thank u for the an i do know no matter what is said i an my family know the whole truth.behind Steven Christopher life. thank u i hope u have a great day.

christopherslife. did you miss this part? For your sake and your family, the best thing you can do is forget about this website. Please.

Ditto that!
(10-28-2012, 07:57 PM)Larry Wrote: christopherslife. did you miss this part? For your sake and your family, the best thing you can do is forget about this website. Please.

I agree.
Maybe everyone here could quit arguing about whether they were right or wrong and express sympathy that these people have lost someone dear to them. And anyone making wisecracks about fire is showing extreme insensitivity.

Let's take the time to show caring to our fellow humans, regardless of their faults. Might I suggest starting by asking a mod to delete this thread? It won't change the past, but it will prevent other friends and family from being hurt by the words of those who posted here.