Cat burned
tI had a not very pleasant Christmas with a sometimes girlfriend. What PC is babbling about I'm not sure.

(12-28-2011, 01:48 PM)tvguy Wrote: I can understand not liking crowded swimming pools and of course if you can't swim I can understand not liking the water but why would anyone despise swimming?

Perhaps they don't like chlorine.
Perhaps they don't like how their bodies look in swimsuits.
Perhaps they have an unnatural fear of drowning.
Perhaps they have almost drowned themselves in the past.
Perhaps a psychic told them they would die in water and now they are fearful of it.
(12-28-2011, 04:44 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(12-28-2011, 01:48 PM)tvguy Wrote: I can understand not liking crowded swimming pools and of course if you can't swim I can understand not liking the water but why would anyone despise swimming?

Perhaps they don't like chlorine.

Some of the local pools are Chlorine free and I'm pretty sure the lakes ponds and rivers are alsoRazz

Perhaps they don't like how their bodies look in swimsuits.

That's not what they said, besides they can always skinny dip

Perhaps they have an unnatural fear of drowning.
perhaps

Perhaps they have almost drowned themselves in the past.

I know I have

Perhaps a psychic told them they would die in water and now they are fearful of it.

That could be true about some people but not Wonky and I think Tia is too grounded to buy in to psychic crap .

Well Ponder I did say I could understand it IF and I gave examples. You gave us more. Good for you.

I actually heard of someone that was told by a psychic they would die in water, or some such. Their belief was so strong that they stayed out of water forever after. When they died, it was from fluid on the lungs. Smiling

I've almost drowned myself so I'm a little leery of rivers anymore, I never did care much for cold water anyway, and public pools are humid places that stink of chlorine. I've heard of salt water pools, I've wondered what that might be like to swim in. I know swimming is supposed to be a great low-impact exercise.
(12-28-2011, 01:48 PM)tvguy Wrote: I don't know but so far two people have said they despised swimming.

WHY?? I can understand not liking crowded swimming pools and of course if you can't swim I can understand not liking the water but why would anyone despise swimming?

Childhood trauma.
(12-28-2011, 04:58 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I've heard of salt water pools, I've wondered what that might be like to swim in.

Salty. Less than the ocean though.
I had a well drilled at one property I own, the water came in 1/2 as salty as the ocean, and only half a gallon a minute (however, artesian to within a couple feet of the surface). I eventually want to hook that into a hot tub of some sort.
This thread has really mutated.
I'll bet you don't like hot tubs either.
(12-28-2011, 06:57 PM)Tiamat Wrote: This thread has really mutated.

[Image: plo0014l.jpg]
(12-28-2011, 01:50 PM)bbqboy Wrote: tI had a not very pleasant Christmas with a sometimes girlfriend.

Perhaps, but it is the best kind of girlfriend. Congrats on that.

(12-28-2011, 07:29 PM)Queue Wrote:
(12-28-2011, 01:50 PM)bbqboy Wrote: tI had a not very pleasant Christmas with a sometimes girlfriend.

I don't think he means, a rental Queue.
(12-28-2011, 07:14 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I'll bet you don't like hot tubs either.

Righty-O!

(12-28-2011, 07:32 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(12-28-2011, 07:29 PM)Queue Wrote:

I don't think he means, a rental Queue.
I like the idea though.

Sorry, I meant it tasted like salty burned cat. Big Grin
(12-28-2011, 08:10 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Sorry, I meant it tasted like salty burned cat. Big Grin

I'm enjoying this thread.Smiling I think it has potential.Wink
(12-26-2011, 11:05 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(12-26-2011, 12:09 PM)chuck white Wrote: I seen cats hide in the engine compartment of cars at night. If they don't get out by morning, they can get burned or worse.

I've done it. Chopped the tip of my cats tail off and one ear.
I accidentally decapitated a kitten that way. Sad

(12-28-2011, 08:53 PM)broadzilla Wrote:
(12-26-2011, 11:05 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(12-26-2011, 12:09 PM)chuck white Wrote: I seen cats hide in the engine compartment of cars at night. If they don't get out by morning, they can get burned or worse.

I've done it. Chopped the tip of my cats tail off and one ear.
I accidentally decapitated a kitten that way. Sad

Yikes!Surprised
[Image: katz.jpg]