I Love Creative Advertising
Can you guess what this commercial is about before it ends?

Mayhem, was my guess.
I was thinking a dating service site.

It was a good commercial!
I still don't understand it having watched it. Sad

edit: OK, I guess I do, but it seemed dumb. That guy that can't hardly talk so you can understand him is representing the wind. So I'm slow. Smiling
Nope, not until the end did I understand the point.

Yea, the wind is our "friend"...it can produce energy.

And, it can blow a lady's dress up, etc, etc.

A paradox? No, but a okay illustration of how to focus our attention to something different, then "selling us".

Creative? Sure, in context. Not "All We Need is Love", but better than "Diamonds are Forever".
I just read a steaming condemnation of wind energy, if anyone is interested I'll look the link up. It seemed well researched, and pretty much slammed the whole industry.
(12-27-2011, 08:47 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I just read a steaming condemnation of wind energy, if anyone is interested I'll look the link up. It seemed well researched, and pretty much slammed the whole industry.
I've posted against wind before, and everyone on here wanted my head. Wind is sacrosanct.
Well, people want your head anyway. Smiling

In all fairness this is the link. A person whose intellectual prowess I greatly admire referred me to this (no offense, HC) Laughing : http://www.aweo.org/problemwithwind.html
From your article:
Quote:As an example, Country Guardian calculates that for the U.K. government subsidy towards the construction of one wind turbine, they could insulate the roofs of almost 500 houses that need it and save in two years the amount of energy the wind turbine might produce over its lifetime.
And save the lives of many birds.
They also dashed one of my more favorite ideas, that of wind turbines at sea creating hydrogen, by saying the efficiency of sea-based wind turbines is reduced 25% by salt spray accumulating on the blades.
(12-28-2011, 09:21 AM)PonderThis Wrote: They also dashed one of my more favorite ideas, that of wind turbines at sea creating hydrogen, by saying the efficiency of sea-based wind turbines is reduced 25% by salt spray accumulating on the blades.

Maybe they can harvest the salt off the blades.

[Image: 15.jpg]

clean energy (most of the time)