OR-7 heads into California -- the first wolf to return to the Golden State since 1924
(02-11-2012, 12:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Quote:Ponder...It doesn't seem very Christian to me to kill other creatures just because we decide we don't like them

This is a great example of how Ponder debates dishonestly. he knows damn well Larry does not want to kill anything because he doesn't like them.

Larry has given the real reason why he wants to kill wolves. Because he thinks they will decimate elk herds.
But Ponder LOVES to put words in peoples mouths that he knows full well are inaccurate.
It's a desperate strawman tactic that is lame and comes from a dishonest liar.

What do you mean? Larry has called for the death of the entire religion of Islam, and thinks killing Muslims is just fine. Elk is the least of his proposed carnage.
Weak .
At one time or another Larry's answer for everything has been to shoot it, it seems. I'm not going to do a full scale search of the archives just to make TV happy, I think the entire forum knows Larry's attitudes towards guns just as much as I do, and TV's attitudes towards killing things similarly. I don't need to hash them all over now.
Quote: ='PonderThis' pid='173970' dateline='1328995364']
At one time or another Larry's answer for everything has been to shoot it, it seems.

No that's not what it seems, that what you want people to think. Like I said you are dishonest because even you know better.
Quote:I'm not going to do a full scale search of the archives just to make TV happy, I think the entire forum knows Larry's attitudes towards guns just as much as I do, and TV's attitudes towards killing things similarly. I don't need to hash them all over now.

I think the entire forum sees through your pathetic methods. You eat meat so you are a hypocrite. SOMEONE HAS TO KILL IT DUH!!
Neither Larry Nor I kill anything without a valid reason. You are such a weird freak that you can't even acknowledge that I have a valid reason to kill destructive rodents on my property, namely ground squirrels. You even call people who bass fish "low level humans". Guess what dude, Larry is NOT the forum nut, look in the freaking mirror.

When logical common sense people start burying you with intelligent comments you resort to putting words in their mouths or looking back in the past and coming up with Larry hates MuslimsRolling Eyes.

The height of arrogance even for you is to sit here and talk about what the entire forum thinks about Larry's attitudes about guns.

Show me where I say what the forum thinks about Larry's attitudes about guns, jerk. I don't know what anybody else thinks about Larry's attitudes, but the entire forum knows Larry likes to shoot guns and kill things. Example given, here we have a thread on the first wolf in California since 1924, and right off the bat Larry wants to kill it. That's what I joked about in my very first post that started this thread, and here comes Larry right on cue, and he wants to shoot it. Even without permission if that's what it takes. I suppose to you they're nothing more than more ground squirrels to shoot, either.

To a man whose only tool is a hammer, every problem is something just waiting to be hammered. To Larry, every problem is something just waiting to be shot. Maybe you too.

Sheesh, the guy can't even have forum sex without talking about how essential keeping ammo in his kitchen drawers is.
(02-11-2012, 05:27 PM)Clone Wrote:

I'm convinced that those who feel we should not eat animals, shouldn't.

I would like to live in a world where we raised animals for slaughter and did it in the most humane way possible. I don't hunt animals because I don't agree that it is a "sport", but I have no serious quarrel with those who do.

There may come a time (almost certainly) when we will no longer eat animal flesh. Should I be around (not likely) I'll go with the program. Until then I will chose meat for it's concentrated and complete protein. Easier, faster, and has a very long tradition.

I just liked the video and found it much more entertaining than personal attacks. Wink
Let's go have a burger! Laughing

Quote:It's a desperate strawman tactic that is lame and comes from a dishonest liar.
Liars abound here on the RVF TV they tend to huddle together.
Quote: 'Wonky'

I don't hunt animals because I don't agree that it is a "sport", but I have no serious quarrel with those who do.

The very definition disagrees with you. It uses hunting and fishing as examples of a sport.

sport
?
noun1.
an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.
a particular form of this, especially in the out of doors.
diversion; recreation; pleasant pastime.
(02-11-2012, 08:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I don't hunt animals because I don't agree that it is a "sport", but I have no serious quarrel with those who do.

The very definition disagrees with you. It uses hunting and fishing as examples of a sport.

sport
?
noun1.
an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

Point taken.
It's hard to defend my position when you get all sneaky and look up the definition!
So, okay, it's a sport. Not one I'm attracted to. I shot my one and only deer at age 12. It dropped in place but was alive when my grandfather and I approached. My grandfather gave me his knife and insisted I cut it's throat. Big brown frighted eyes watched as I took his life.
I did not enjoy it.
(02-11-2012, 08:49 PM)Wonky Wrote:

sport
?
noun1.

Point taken.
It's hard to defend my position when you get all sneaky and look up the definition!
So, okay, it's a sport. Not one I'm attracted to. I shot my one and only deer at age 12. It dropped in place but was alive when my grandfather and I approached. My grandfather gave me his knife and insisted I cut it's throat. Big brown frighted eyes watched as I took his life.
I did not enjoy it.

At that age I hunted lions with a sharp stick... you panzyLaughing Actually at that age my brother gave me an old Springfield 16 gage shotgun that kicked like a mule. I still have it and it's still oldRazz
From then on I was allowed to hunt with the men. Rabbits pheasants and quail. That's all I hunted for many years.
The whole thing was a way of life. Getting up early enough for the snow and grass to still crunch under your feet. Walking through miles of fields, creek beds thickets, shooting and field dressing a rabbit here and there. But always thinking any second a beautiful big ring neck pheasant will blast from the brush and you better be ready.
Or a covey of quail will sit so tight that you nearly step on one before they explode in a deafening takeoff that scares the hell out of you.
This was done at every holiday WonkySmiling Christmas, New years, Thanksgiving.
And we would return home, tired, cold and sore to a warm house with the aroma of wonderful things the ladies had cooked all day.
To this day I still enjoy the mere smell of gunpowder.
(02-11-2012, 09:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:

sport
?
noun1.

Point taken.
I did not enjoy it.

At that age I hunted lions with a sharp stick... you panzyLaughing Actually at that age my brother gave me an old Springfield 16 gage shotgun that kicked like a mule. I still have it and it's still oldRazz
From then on I was allowed to hunt with the men. Rabbits pheasants and quail. That's all I hunted for many years.
The whole thing was a way of life. Getting up early enough for the snow and grass to still crunch under your feet. Walking through miles of fields, creek beds thickets, shooting and field dressing a rabbit here and there. But always thinking any second a beautiful big ring neck pheasant will blast from the brush and you better be ready.
Or a covey of quail will sit so tight that you nearly step on one before they explode in a deafening takeoff that scares the hell out of you.
And we would return home, tired, cold and sore to a warm house with the aroma of wonderful things the ladies had cooked all day.

And Napalm in the morning?

I understand the love of the tradition you describe. I come from a family like that. But, I veered off and live without that now.
(02-11-2012, 09:15 PM)Wonky Wrote: I understand the love of the tradition you describe. I come from a family like that. But, I veered off and live without that now.

I've always loved the ones that veered off, Wonk.
I also hold in very high esteem the men who don't love football.
In other words you like men who are not men. Pussies , fairies and stuff. NA men fell in love with the game of football. By GG uncle played , my gramps said NA football players were the toughest thing going. All this passive earth harmony love peace crap people paint about the NA . They miss a lot.
(02-11-2012, 09:19 PM)Clone Wrote:
(02-11-2012, 09:15 PM)Wonky Wrote: I understand the love of the tradition you describe. I come from a family like that. But, I veered off and live without that now.

I've always loved the ones that veered off, Wonk.
I also hold in very high esteem the men who don't love football.

Football is a winter game to pass the time until Spring Training for baseball starts.
(02-11-2012, 09:15 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(02-11-2012, 09:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:

sport
?
noun1.

Point taken.
I did not enjoy it.

And Napalm in the morning?

I understand the love of the tradition you describe. I come from a family like that. But, I veered off and live without that now.

Same hereSmiling
(02-11-2012, 09:24 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: In other words you like men who are not men. Pussies , fairies and stuff. NA men fell in love with the game of football. By GG uncle played , my gramps said NA football players were the toughest thing going. All this passive earth harmony love peace crap people paint about the NA . They miss a lot.

Life According To The Loon...

[Image: 595.gif]