Medford SUCKS!
(01-07-2012, 10:42 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(01-06-2012, 07:11 PM)Clone Wrote:
(01-06-2012, 06:52 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Why does it make me have delusions of grandeur and superiority to not bow to delusional jerks like, say, you for instance? I believe anybody can feel grand and superior if, indeed, they are. Even you, although it's gonna be tougher for you to pass through the eye of the needle than some others I know.

People sure like to assume the worse in you, eh?
Maybe there's a touch of envy? Just a touch?
Knowing you have carved out your own life, your own successes without playing by their rules?
In a thread about Medford, you're being called names and given a political belief! Oh, how I love online communications! Laughing

Seriously?NeutralConfused

Seriously.
(01-06-2012, 06:44 PM)Larry Wrote:
(01-06-2012, 04:35 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Nope. Not that either, until and unless someone shows me they're deserving of it, and that's damn rare.

VOLUMES. That is what this speaks as to your psychological profile. Delusions of grandeur and superiority to all others.

No wonder you're a liberal. Or do I have the cause and effect backwards?

Hey Larry,
Reviewing this Topic and read this again.
I'd like to quarrel with you about his.
I don't see this kind of discussion as Conservative/Liberal. Ponder strayed from the Topic, "Medford Sucks", and in doing that revealed some personal traits that you seem to be at odds with.
I don't see them as political. I see them as social, and while social attitudes can morph into political opinions, I don't think Ponder, or his detractors did that.

I bring this up because I feel you are centered, mostly, on Conservative/Liberal attitudes that too often are just code for social behavior. And, I feel that's dangerous. Our political attitudes might be best served by the more simple definitions of functions of government. Let churches and other institutions fight these moral and ethical battles.

On the face of it, this may look unimportant and the point unnecessary. I feel it is important and I'd like to see us get back to separating our social attitudes from those that effect the governing of our lives outside the political arena.

(01-06-2012, 04:35 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Nope. Not that either, until and unless someone shows me they're deserving of it, and that's damn rare.

Respect is earned, not given.
MEDFORD, Ore. -- A Medford neighborhood says it is repeatedly hit by gang related graffiti. It's the area around north Medford high school, and each time neighbors clean it up, they say it comes right back.

Each of the locations graffiti has been associated with different Hispanic street gangs in southern Oregon. Neighbors say they haven't seen any other gang activity besides the graffiti in their area, but they are worried it's only a matter of time.

People living say the best way to deal with the gang graffiti is for neighbors to stay on top of it and cover it quickly. If graffiti appears on your property, the city of Medford says the homeowner is responsible for reporting it and cleaning it off. Medford police say if you have seen graffiti anywhere around town, be sure to report it to the police.

http://kdrv.com/page/236364
MEDFORD, Ore. -- A Medford neighborhood says it is repeatedly hit by gang related graffiti. It's the area around north Medford high school, and each time neighbors clean it up, they say it comes right back.

Each of the locations graffiti has been associated with different Hispanic street gangs in southern Oregon. Neighbors say they haven't seen any other gang activity besides the graffiti in their area, but they are worried it's only a matter of time.

People living say the best way to deal with the gang graffiti is for neighbors to stay on top of it and cover it quickly. If graffiti appears on your property, the city of Medford says the homeowner is responsible for reporting it and cleaning it off. Medford police say if you have seen graffiti anywhere around town, be sure to report it to the police.

"People living say"??Laughing as opposed to what dead people say?Laughing
What if you like the graffiti, do you still need to clean it off.
Paint is paint and it protects what's underneath.
Just add the word "sucks" after the gangs graffiti, This should insult them enough, that they will clean it up.
(01-13-2012, 01:46 PM)chuck white Wrote: What if you like the graffiti, do you still need to clean it off.
Paint is paint and it protects what's underneath.
Just add the word "sucks" after the gangs graffiti, This should insult them enough, that they will clean it up.

I think the problem is "tagging". Sets of gang wars, and even little gang wars can have "collateral damage".

I've seen some really beautiful "graffiti" in some barrios.
So where does our crime stat stand now? Is this a trend? Or an unusual spike.
(01-23-2012, 06:00 AM)Tiamat Wrote: So where does our crime stat stand now? Is this a trend? Or an unusual spike.

Don't you watch Rogue Gangs on Channel 10 News?

I thought that the gang problem in Medford was mostly hyped reporting but I could be wrong.

We don't have a gang problem in Beautiful Grants Pass. If we even see some young punk with a baseball hat on backwards we slap the crap out of them, take their hats, tie them to a tree and make them listen to a few hours of Toby Keith on a boom box. It cures them good.
(01-23-2012, 09:04 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(01-23-2012, 06:00 AM)Tiamat Wrote: So where does our crime stat stand now? Is this a trend? Or an unusual spike.

I thought that the gang problem in Medford was mostly hyped reporting but I could be wrong.

We don't have a gang problem in Beautiful Grants Pass. If we even see some young punk with a baseball hat on backwards we slap the crap out of them, take their hats, tie them to a tree and make them listen to a few hours of Toby Keith on a boom box. It cures them good.

At a citizens coffee meeting this morning, I ran this buy our executive committee.

We'd rather have gangs. Laughing
(01-23-2012, 09:04 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Seems like the crime rate is rising just fine independent of gangs. (it was the shooting that motivated my post, not gang stuff.) No. I don't watch Rogue Gangs on Channel 10 news.