I Don't Take This Place Too Seriously
I come here to get information, socialize, debate ideas, discuss politics, social issues, religion and just to fill some time and have fun. I dont take this place too seriously. I say outrageous things just to get a rise out of some of you and enjoy sparring. I dont get angry often. However, if this place stated frustrating me, I would just log off maybe for a long while. Kind of like my buddy GoComets did. Man I sure do miss fighting with him.Sad I try not to become too invested in this place?

I do still like like it here. This is a place where cop worshipersRolling Eyes and freedom lovers can discuss how pepper spray in my face does not actually violate my constitutional protected rights. Long live the RVF and Good Morning TVguy.Smiling
(01-02-2012, 11:03 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I come here to get information, socialize, debate ideas, discuss politics, social issues, religion and just to fill some time and have fun. I dont take this place too seriously. I say outrageous things just to get a rise out of some of you and enjoy sparring. I dont get angry often. However, if this place stated frustrating me, I would just log off maybe for a long while. Kind of like my buddy GoComets did. Man I sure do miss fighting with him.Sad I try not to become too invested in this place?

I do still like like it here. This is a place where cop worshipersRolling Eyes and freedom lovers can discuss how pepper spray in my face does not actually violate my constitutional protected rights. Long live the RVF and Good Morning TVguy.Smiling

This Place?

Well maybe...

At the MOVIES topics, I can agree.
Or at the GOOD MORNING, WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW, etc, I'm on board with your view.
When we discuss political and social topics, I'm all about being very serious. We are a group of citizens, not unlike the masses in Iowa, who at the end of the day make differences.

The beauty of this "community" is that we don't have to "log off, maybe for a long while like our buddy Coments did". We can pick and chose the Topics we find of interest. And, we are NOT REQUIRED to post a comment to everything posted. We can bail on any one topic if we want.

Clete, I agree with the general tone of your comments here. I enjoy the fun and games we have, the "sense of community" and keeping in touch with folks without cranking up the pickup truck.

But these are serious times, and I feel it's important to be free to make comments about issues beyond simple jabs we take at one another.

I often take lots a flack for my opposition to vulgar language here. I'll continue to comment, from time to time, but won't make a running Topic about it. I have strong political and social view that I want to share, but I hope to do that without rancor or insult.

So, while I agree with you in general, I have a few reservations.

Glad I have to freedom to voice this.
(01-02-2012, 11:03 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I come here to get information, socialize, debate ideas, discuss politics, social issues, religion and just to fill some time and have fun. I dont take this place too seriously. I say outrageous things just to get a rise out of some of you and enjoy sparring. I dont get angry often. However, if this place stated frustrating me, I would just log off maybe for a long while. Kind of like my buddy GoComets did. Man I sure do miss fighting with him.Sad I try not to become too invested in this place?

Is there a hidden meaning here?Razz BTW you don't have a constitutional right to NOT get pepper sprayed when you start breaking the law. As far as I know we haven't had a thread about a cop pepper spraying anyone who was just minding their own business.Big Grin

I miss GCG also. We met in the middle sometimes. He was more left than most righties and I'm more right than most leftiesBig Grin
I could probably take this forum seriously if more of the posters were intelligent and/or enlightened enough to realize the errors of their ways and see that my opinions and beliefs are correct.
(01-02-2012, 12:13 PM)Simon Peter Wrote: I could probably take this forum seriously if more of the posters were intelligent and/or enlightened enough to realize the errors of their ways and see that my opinions and beliefs are correct.

True that!
(01-02-2012, 12:13 PM)Simon Peter Wrote: I could probably take this forum seriously if more of the posters were intelligent and/or enlightened enough to realize the errors of their ways and see that my opinions and beliefs are correct.

Correct, for Simon Peter.
Like crap is correct for a toilet. Big Grin
(01-02-2012, 12:22 PM)chuck white Wrote:

It's correct for a lot of other posters also. That's why it was funny.Smiling
(01-02-2012, 12:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 12:22 PM)chuck white Wrote:

It's correct for a lot of other posters also. That's why it was funny.Smiling

NO! NO ! NO!

Do not dismiss Simon Peter (or the Ass he rode to Damascus)

I did research: Really. I went WAY Back.

Last year (July of 2010 actually) S. Peter told us that if we were kind to him, he would allow the sun to rise in the east every day.

He proved that up is down, and down is up, and never the Twain Shall Meet, with actual quotes from real hard bound books.

He proved invaluable by warning us to NEVER eat yellow snow.

He said "It ain't speeding if ya don't get caught". (Words to live by).

He pointed out that one string missing should not keep a person from playing, but that "Don't ever cuss the fiddle player" cause he is one of us.

And more. Space is restricted.

So, I have proven that Simon P. should be listened to, and never be contradicted.

It is written.

Finis.
maybe it is time for you to fire up the Harley and go console your bud in Berkeley.
(01-02-2012, 03:02 PM)bbqboy Wrote: maybe it is time for you to fire up the Harley and go console your bud in Berkeley.
You are too clever, by half.

(01-02-2012, 06:33 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(01-02-2012, 03:02 PM)bbqboy Wrote: maybe it is time for you to fire up the Harley and go console your bud in Berkeley.
You are too clever, by half.
just honest. I bare my soul on this forum; I don't expect others to do the same.
Cheap therapy, and the girls here are better looking than at the Psychologist's office.