Breaking: Shooting a/ W. Medford Albertsons
And now, we learn that the Marshall he gave a good drubbing to, is a decorated hero of The Drug War. Or, did he just crush the marshall with a stern glance? There are two stories.
(01-11-2012, 10:35 AM)illcommandante Wrote: And now, we learn that the Marshall he gave a good drubbing to, is a decorated hero of The Drug War. Or, did he just crush the marshall with a stern glance? There are two stories.

Why can't you provide a link Illc? Sad

http://www.ktvl.com/video/c/1155263524/l...11001/news
(01-11-2012, 10:18 AM)bbqboy Wrote: the news is always skewed, because it is filtered through the person reporting it and the person editing it.

As are personal experiences.
I'm not sure about the timing on this........... Embarrassed

from GP Community forum:
Quote: MEDFORD, Ore. --Deputy U.S. Marshal Vincent Byford, who was assaulted by James Georgeson in 2009, was honored with the Congressional Badge of Bravery Tuesday.

The deputy U.S. Marshal was given the award for his involvement in the arrest of a fugitive back in 2010. The arrest was made on the Warm Springs Reservation.

Before deputies were able to make the arrest a firefight broke out between the suspect and officers.

"It wasn't just me who brought it to an end it was our team that brought it to an end. It happened the way it had to happen," Byford said. The fugitive, who started the gun fight, was not killed but did suffer a gunshot wound to the torso.

The Warm Springs stand-off was not the first violent incident the U.S. Marshal has encountered in the line of duty. In 2009 Byford was assaulted by James Harrison Georgeson Jr., the man shot and killed by a U.S. Marshall last week.

In 2009 Byford was attempting to arrest a fugitive at a Talent home. When the resident came to the door they said, the fugitive was not there but admitted someone was hiding in the bathroom. Georgeson was the person in the bathroom and he left through a window.

Officers pursued him to a near by apartment complex. When they located the apartment he was in they had to force open the door. Georgeson then jumped and tried to tackle Deputy U.S. Marshal Byford.

Georgeson was later convicted of assault in a federal court. In the defendant's sentencing memorandum Georgeson's attorney stated Byford was not injured in the attack. According to the government's sentencing memorandum the officer attempting to make the arrest did use a taser on the defendant three times.

The U.S. Marshal's office has not released the names of the officers involved in the shooting that killed Georgeson.

However, the agency focused on Byford's award, he is the first Oregonian to be awarded the Badge of Bravery.

http://www.ktvl.com/articles/marshal-12 ... ncent.html (INCLUDES VIDEO)
http://www.grantspasscommunity.com/phpBB...f=9&t=1724
(01-11-2012, 10:06 AM)broadzilla Wrote:
(01-11-2012, 09:58 AM)bbqboy Wrote: http://www.ktvl.com/articles/medford-120...fully.html

BBQ...did you know that these "peaceful" demonstrators actually flipped off people if they didn't show their support by honking? I do, because I was one they did it to.
They wore hoodies to show their support...do you know the connotation of hoodies to police? They were snubbing their noses at the authorities, showing their low-life pride (if you can call it that). They also were giving out false names, because several of them are wanted by police to begin with and because they know that some people would look down on them for being involved with the young man's group of people.

I commend the police in letting them demonstrate without interruption, they easily could have cleaned up some of their warrant lists if they hadn't respected the gathering.

did BBQ say anything about 'peaceful'? Anyway, based on the film footage I looked at, the minority wore hoodies. Also, really? It's oregon? Lots of people wear hoodies. It's cold! I wear mine too when I'm cold. Do we know that this was done just to snub their noses at authority? Low life pride? Huh?
(01-11-2012, 09:50 AM)BeerMe Wrote: From the dad's page:
Quote:James L Georgeson
Hey Mario, what's up with Jimmy being shot dead? I heard from a lot of people that you set him up. What the fuck, Jimmy is dead! Word is that your a damn snitch! Snitches get stitches! After all we have done for you what have you done? I will never forget what you have done to my son. Shame on you Mario . How can you even look at yourself in the mirror? Jimmy lost his life so you could make a deal with the feds and remain in the U.S. Jimmy lost his life in a very violent way, just so you can remain in the country where HE was born, not you! How dare you do this to a friend. You should feel my pain, or maybe someday you will!

Again, nobody seams to realize, if Jimmy doesn't try to escape, Jimmy doesn't get shot. The friends, family, people in this forum are blaming everyone BUT Jimmy for ending up where he is. If Jimmy turns off his vehicle and gets taken into custody, Jimmy is still alive.

Now Jimmy's dad is typing 'snitches get stitches'. oy vey.Eek!

I think it's pretty common that as soon as someone questions authority in slightest way in these cases that it is perceived as folks blaming everyone but the perp. That's not what it is. Some people just aren't willing to take the information proffered by the 'authorities' as blanket truth. Some people have questions. I do. So, Jimmy runs. Let's shoot him??? I wasn't there. I never said anyone was right or wrong. I just want to know the truth, and don't just accept whatever I'm told. Let's see the tape.
(01-11-2012, 07:48 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(01-11-2012, 09:58 AM)bbqboy Wrote: http://www.ktvl.com/articles/medford-120...fully.html

BBQ...did you know that these "peaceful" demonstrators actually flipped off people if they didn't show their support by honking? I do, because I was one they did it to.
They wore hoodies to show their support...do you know the connotation of hoodies to police? They were snubbing their noses at the authorities, showing their low-life pride (if you can call it that). They also were giving out false names, because several of them are wanted by police to begin with and because they know that some people would look down on them for being involved with the young man's group of people.

I commend the police in letting them demonstrate without interruption, they easily could have cleaned up some of their warrant lists if they hadn't respected the gathering.

did BBQ say anything about 'peaceful'? Anyway, based on the film footage I looked at, the minority wore hoodies. Also, really? It's oregon? Lots of people wear hoodies. It's cold! I wear mine too when I'm cold. Do we know that this was done just to snub their noses at authority? Low life pride? Huh?

Cold schmold Tia, kids don't get cold. They were those hoodies for the same reason they have their asses hanging out. They think it's cool.
I don't buy BZ's they were snubbing their noses at the authorities
Baloney for a second.

Besides I don't see that many hoodies here....

[Image: bilde?Site=MM&Date=20120111&Category=NEW...der=0&Q=80]
(01-11-2012, 08:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Cold schmold Tia, kids don't get cold. They were those hoodies for the same reason they have their asses hanging out. They think it's cool.
Baloney for a second.

\

Well, I agree, with you, it's just how they dress. I see hoodies everywhere! And I do wear mine. I prefer a scarf, but will use the hoodie if I'm freezing.
(01-11-2012, 08:03 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Baloney for a second.

\

Well, I agree, with you, it's just how they dress. I see hoodies everywhere! And I do wear mine. I prefer a scarf, but will use the hoodie if I'm freezing.

Or takin down a liquor store.Smiling
(01-11-2012, 08:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-11-2012, 08:03 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(01-11-2012, 10:06 AM)broadzilla Wrote: BBQ...did you know that these "peaceful" demonstrators actually flipped off people if they didn't show their support by honking? I do, because I was one they did it to.

Baloney for a second.

\

Or takin down a liquor store.Smiling

I only do that on my down time.Big Grin
My 26 year old daughter just walked by with her boyfriend. In hoodies. I asked why they are wearing hoodies? My daughter snorted at me and said: "Uhhh.....it's January?"Razz
I really don't know what to think about this yet. Pretty much all we've heard is heresay. I'm going to wait and see what develops.
They all planned to wear the hoodies....it was on the facebook page for the "demonstration". If you need me to post a link, I will look it up again.
Yes, the greater portion of his "friends and family" are low-life methhead scum! He was being "hidden" by many...some gave him up...those people are now being threatened publicly. These are not decent law-abiding individuals. If you knew these people, you would know why they did what they did. Yes, they were snubbing the police in the process.

Call me a snob if you would like, I don't much care. But I am tired of hearing that this was just a troubled young man who never meant to hurt anyone...BULLSHIT! He was a methhead, he did x...he had no respect for the law...3 felonies! He was not willing to change, he begged for help with his drug problem and then left his court ordered inpatient treatment.

Forget it...

I do feel sorry for the few in his family that are decent individuals.
I believe you. But if their plan was to wear hoodies, it didn't go too well, as few were.
(01-11-2012, 09:05 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I believe you. But if their plan was to wear hoodies, it didn't go too well, as few were.

They should have had a plan to wear shoes.
A lot more people would have demonstrated support.