??..Change in the Weatha....? ? w00t!
Forecast for Grants Pass

Tonight: A chance of rain showers after 10pm, mixing with snow after 4am. Snow level 4800 feet lowering to 1900 feet. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. North northwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Sunday: A chance of rain and snow showers before 10am, then snow showers likely between 10am and 4pm, then rain and snow showers likely after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Calm wind becoming west southwest around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Sunday Night: Rain and snow showers likely before 10pm, then a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. West southwest wind between 5 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

M.L.King Day: A chance of snow showers, mainly after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Light south wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Monday Night: A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Tuesday: A chance of rain and snow showers before 10am, then rain showers. Snow level 1600 feet. High near 42. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Tuesday Night: Rain before 10pm, then rain and snow. Snow level 2400 feet lowering to 1400 feet. Low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Wednesday: Rain. Cloudy, with a high near 46.

Wednesday Night: Rain. Cloudy, with a low around 40.

Thursday: Rain. Cloudy, with a high near 49.

Thursday Night: Rain. Cloudy, with a low around 40.

Friday: Rain. Cloudy, with a high near 50.

Friday Night: Rain. Cloudy, with a low around 37.

Saturday: Rain. Cloudy, with a high near 47.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php...+OR%2C+USA
This kind of forecast always makes me want to go grocery shopping to fill up the larder. Like we're going to get enough snow to get snowed in....right. Embarrassed
We got snow on the valley floor, here in SV this morning.
More than a dusting? I'm at 2000' and I don't think there's an inch, and a good part of that melted that hit ground.
(01-14-2012, 10:18 PM)Clone Wrote: This kind of forecast always makes me want to go grocery shopping to fill up the larder. Like we're going to get enough snow to get snowed in....right. Embarrassed

Not with those temperatures.
Where I live... there was a light dusting this morning, but it really started coming down about half an hour ago... now we have an inch or so.
(01-14-2012, 10:18 PM)Clone Wrote: This kind of forecast always makes me want to go grocery shopping to fill up the larder. Like we're going to get enough snow to get snowed in....right. Embarrassed

I've lived in the Rogue Valley for 42 years. I'm thinking you won't have to worry too much about getting snowed in unless your in a higher elevation. It might snow a few inches but it seems it's always gone in a couple days.

(01-15-2012, 09:58 AM)HoneyhalfWitch Wrote:

I've lived in the Rogue Valley for 42 years. I'm thinking you won't have to worry too much about getting snowed in unless your in a higher elevation. It might snow a few inches but it seems it's always gone in a couple days.

Perhaps it's Clone's NY days that make her feel that way.
(01-15-2012, 10:05 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(01-15-2012, 09:58 AM)HoneyhalfWitch Wrote:

Perhaps it's Clone's NY days that make her feel that way.

It's just a quirky thing I've acquired since having babies. Even now, and the babies are grown men, I get a bit uneasy when the cupboards/fridge are a little bare. I must be so food oriented it's embarrassing. Going shopping and filling the cupboards gives me a sense of peace.

Then we go out to eat. Laughing Wink

How is everyone holding up in this storm? From AZ, the weather reports look terrible. Hurricane-strength winds, snow and lots of rain. I know we need it but did we have to get it all at once?! I hope you all have your supplies and can ride this out.
nothing on the valley floor, TM. Just minor rain.
They keep promising, but like chicken little, never deliver
(01-19-2012, 09:11 AM)TennisMom Wrote: How is everyone holding up in this storm? From AZ, the weather reports look terrible. Hurricane-strength winds, snow and lots of rain. I know we need it but did we have to get it all at once?! I hope you all have your supplies and can ride this out.

Nothing to ride out ,It's just a rain TMSmiling This is actually more than norm than the very cold that we have been having.
It's wet and warm, no big deal if you have rain gear.
I guess this is all a big deal if you live at some high elevation or maybe on the coast with the winds.
Bur to me it's the same ole same ole stuff, 48 degrees this morning instead of 21 or whatever. It's all goodBig Grin
My creek is running quite a bit higher this morning, if it keeps raining like it's doing I wonder if they'll start talking about flood worries.
(01-19-2012, 09:17 AM)bbqboy Wrote: nothing on the valley floor, TM. Just minor rain.
They keep promising, but like chicken little, never deliver

Snow wasn't predicted on the Valley floor on any source.

What are you talking about?

To add for TM, minor flooding of the Illinois, and major flooding on the Coquille. The Coast got a heavy hit.

on Sunday they were predicting snow down to the valley floor but it all went to the North. Now it just seems like typical Southern Oregon winter weather.
I'm over this. I'm ready for this rain to stop!
(01-19-2012, 09:46 PM)HoneyhalfWitch Wrote: I'm over this. I'm ready for this rain to stop!

Laughing Just remember last spring. We've only had a week! (I'm hating it too. Especially at work. It's torture!)
I rather like this weather, I like it better than bitter cold. BUT, it makes me want to stay inside in my jammies to play on the puter and read novels.
(01-19-2012, 08:03 PM)bbqboy Wrote: on Sunday they were predicting snow down to the valley floor but it all went to the North. Now it just seems like typical Southern Oregon winter weather.

Chance of snow showers with little or no accumulation was the forecast. Medford had a snow shower. I saw no expectations for appreciable accumulations below 2000 feet. 3000 verified.

(01-19-2012, 10:55 PM)Clone Wrote: I rather like this weather, I like it better than bitter cold. BUT, it makes me want to stay inside in my jammies to play on the puter and read novels.

I'd like that! This time of year is not the time I can do that, however.