Fatal (Officer Involved) Shooting in Medford
(01-23-2012, 07:42 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(01-23-2012, 07:39 PM)Queue Wrote: Given video I have seen, the cop missed at least twice.

Video?

One of the news stations showed video of bullet holes in the house and a car.

Bump this up.

So far, we have cops that should shoot two knees with amazing markmanship, a ninja with a bat (give me a knife in that fight boys), a bunch of tasers against an approaching knife (maybe the kid had a jacket), a cop that should increase danger to himself because the knife wielder was a nut case distressed kid ... and you don't want the job. Who would if you ruled the world?

I tire of innocent know nothings who couldn't place themselves in the shoes of others unless they could employ super powers or multiple chances or self righteousness beyond reality. There certainly are many out there just like you. Humanity, in so much evidence provided, doesn't accept reality in the limits of humanity. So you can shit on others of your kind beyond belief.

And now it is a political thing?

I am done here. Frickin waste of time.
(01-24-2012, 03:28 AM)Queue Wrote: Bump this up.

So far, we have cops that should shoot two knees with amazing markmanship, a ninja with a bat (give me a knife in that fight boys), a bunch of tasers against an approaching knife (maybe the kid had a jacket), a cop that should increase danger to himself because the knife wielder was a nut case distressed kid ... and you don't want the job. Who would if you ruled the world?

I tire of innocent know nothings who couldn't place themselves in the shoes of others unless they could employ super powers or multiple chances or self righteousness beyond reality. There certainly are many out there just like you. Humanity, in so much evidence provided, doesn't accept reality in the limits of humanity. So you can shit on others of your kind beyond belief.

And now it is a political thing?

I am done here. Frickin waste of time.

Again, well said. I will miss you.
(01-24-2012, 03:28 AM)Queue Wrote: Bump this up.

I tire of innocent know nothings who couldn't place themselves in the shoes of others unless they could employ super powers or multiple chances or self righteousness beyond reality. There certainly are many out there just like you.

OMG, at first I thought this was a confession. But no, it is the pot getting indignant over the kettle being so black.

BTW, I did put myself in the shoes of another, the dead kids mother.
I'm hoping we will contain our hostility until we all get some real information.

We all understand the tragic events: We just don't' know yet what the details are.

Many of us (include me) are unashamed supporters of our police force. We understand they have a very tough job and they themselves go on duty each day knowing they may face death.

Many of us (include me) have sympthay for those who struggle with unbalanced raging emotions, the inability to see reason and consequences, and a world that looks very different than most of us see.

We know there will be blame assigned here. It may be "one sided", it may involve both the police and the victim.

Only time will tell. Until then, I feel for the victim, his family and friends, and even the neighborhood. I also am concerned about the police who were on scene, and the effects this will have on the entire department.

Damn shame, anyway we look at it.

I hope I can be patient at wait for the details that will make clear what really happened on that awful day.

I guess Q's greta garbo act is what he meant by always having to have the last word. Maybe he'll say hello to Comet Mom for us.
Ohhh... c'mon y'all... you know the coppers are always right! :wacko:
I do love me some morning drama with my coffee. Razz Thanks! Big Grin
(01-23-2012, 10:36 PM)Queue Wrote:
(01-23-2012, 08:49 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Don't you notice that these controversial deadly force cop issues mostly break along Political lines? Well I do. So, a book is in order, the title I plan for the book is a bit provocative because it is mostly directed at conservative Republicans and "independents" like Queue and Imaham.

Anyway, the title of my fantasy book is : How Do We Convince These Authoritarian Gung Ho Fucks That They Don't Have to Kill Stupid Kids. I know, it is kinda long for a title, huh? Well if I were a Nazi Fuck, I would talk about how dangerous it is for a bunch of us to look at a kid with a knife. But I am not, because I have a liberal brain. I think differently, like how easy it would be to have a bat that I could use to knock the knife out of the hand of a kid, especially with my back up cop team with their weapons drawn.

You know something, if I was Larry or Queue I would really try to get laid once in a while to take some of the callous hostility out of my personality.

The taser didn't work. It was used first. Get your facts straight. In deciding that this is a political issue, you make every case a universal. Your predisposed bias is yours.

You also envision yourself as a kind of ninja, with guns backing you up that cannot be shot. Damn man, you are all over the place. Get laid and try again.
Q, I quibbled with the guarded language the police used. The taser didn't work. What does that mean? It found the target and had no effect? A rare but not unheard of result. One barb? Dead battery? Missed!!! Misfired?
He approached the officers with a knife, what does that mean? Waving, running or knife at the side and slowly walking in their direction?
As to shoot to kill that is the very reason when those that protect us and kill one of us we should be very critical. It is their job to defend the death. The inherent danger of their job as some may suggest is not a factor nor how excited they may become. They were not drafted. They wanted the job.
I don't know that I can accept anything as fact as only one side has been presented.
The predisposed bias seems to work both ways.

(01-24-2012, 09:33 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Ohhh... c'mon y'all... you know the coppers are always right! :wacko:

Well. (To quote George Will Smiling )

I'm wondering if you make reference to the drama of this forum or reading about the shooting (drama) with your morning coffee.
(01-24-2012, 01:24 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(01-24-2012, 09:33 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Ohhh... c'mon y'all... you know the coppers are always right! :wacko:

I'm wondering if you make reference to the drama of this forum or reading about the shooting (drama) with your morning coffee.

Forum.

Completely uncalled for, Wonky. Confused
Still nothing to add...

Quote:Medford police say they did try to use a taser on Ruiz, but they can't comment on why it didn't work:
http://kdrv.com/news/local/237241
(01-24-2012, 01:27 PM)Clone Wrote:

You are of course entitled to your opinions.
You are not entitled to your own facts.
Reading Scrapper's post, I did not know what meaning she intended to imply because she did not make it clear.
She might in fact define that as "drama". We watch killings in movies that are defined as dramas. She might mean to suggest several different inflections to that sentence. Simply stated, it was not clear to me.
And so I asked. I did not make any judgement, inference, or accusations.
Scrapper responded.
Now I know.

Your comment was unnecessary and rude, because you jumped to a conclusion that was just plain wrong.

Please be more careful about getting in my face. My jaws are not tight, but could be if this happens often.

Having had the opportunity to clear it up, I wish you well.
(01-24-2012, 02:08 PM)Wonky Wrote:

Reading Scrapper's post, I did not know what meaning she intended to imply because she did not make it clear.
She might in fact define that as "drama". We watch killings in movies that are defined as dramas. She might mean to suggest several different inflections to that sentence. Simply stated, it was not clear to me.
Scrapper responded.
Now I know.

Your comment was unnecessary and rude, because you jumped to a conclusion that was just plain wrong.

Please be more careful about getting in my face. My jaws are not tight, but could be if this happens often.

I often thought this forum was the online home for grumpy old men. Your posts today alone support putting you in that category.
(01-24-2012, 03:08 PM)Snail Wrote:

Scrapper responded.
Now I know.

I often thought this forum was the online home for grumpy old men. Your posts today alone support putting you in that category.

[Image: applause.gif]
(01-24-2012, 02:08 PM)Wonky Wrote: You are of course entitled to your opinions.
Scrapper responded.
Now I know.

'ell, I swan.
Upon my honor.
Thinkin' Scrapper might like watching the 'drama' of a mentally unstable person
bein' shot dayud while sippin' her mornin' cuppa joe. Boy howdy. Blink
I can't believe ANYONE has formed these opinions without knowing what exactly went on.
I can't believe anyone is still idiotic enough to STILL say the police should have shot this person in the leg.
I can't believe anyone thinks that because a cop has a bullet proof vest on that somehow he is immune to a knife attack.
I can't believe anyone actually thinks a cop should use a bat on someone with a knife or that even if a cop was a martial artist that he would or could simply disarm anyone with a knife.

I CAN believe without a shadow of a doubt that some here have a bias towards police and are MORE than willing to ASSUME they are wrong.

I love the way the bleeding hearts love to refer to these gunshots as kids. Is an 18 year old somehow less dangerous than a 30 year old if he charges you with a 12 inch knife?
There is definitely NOT ENOUGH information known to determine if the police needed to shoot this person.

will a butcher knife penetrate a bulletproof vest?

Anyone on this forum will tell you, I do NOT like MPD. I do not think they are an effective force here. However, I'm holding back on my opinion on this case. If you could see the house, you would know that it has a small lawn with the front door not far from the street. A charging person with a knife who fails to go down with a taser....not a lot of reaction time. I don't know about this one.
(01-24-2012, 03:08 PM)Snail Wrote:

Scrapper responded.
Now I know.

Historically, on this forum, Wonky has never really cared for discussion of local tragedies. And he tends to make opinionated responses to those who do. However, in this case, I'm not sure that's what he was doing. It could be taken that way, but Wonk says it is not so....so....Confused