Taco Hell to start serving Breakfast
(01-27-2012, 08:44 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-27-2012, 08:17 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-27-2012, 06:31 PM)bbqboy Wrote: as I said, I'm a $.99 or less man. That's the only thing I'll eat at any FF burger/taco joint. They'll have to go some to beat a breakfast jack or the 2 tacos for $.99 at Jack in the Box to steal away my business.

Jack does have the best . 99 menu.
With my VIP card, 10% off. Nobody comes close.

You were I.A.A.R. weren't you! Laughing

Israeli Association for Aerosol Research

Your on to me.
I Am Always Right! Razz
(01-27-2012, 08:59 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I Am Always Right! Razz

From ILGP, no.
(01-27-2012, 09:08 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-27-2012, 08:59 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I Am Always Right! Razz

From ILGP, no.

Laughing
So what are early reviewers saying about Taco Bell's "Firstmeal" launch? In the following slideshow, three different types of avowed Los Angeles-based fast-food connoisseurs tested every item on the menu and gave their honest opinions.

Judge number one is what some would call a "fast-foodie," a connoisseur of all things drive-thru, the kind of person who would name their first child Mickey, and their second child Dee. Judge number two is the "breakfast-on-the-run" type, that friend of yours who's always apologizing for stray McMuffin wrappers when you get in their car. And judge number three is the "health nut," the health-conscious provider and parent who recognizes the time-saving benefits of fast food, but also knows the risks.

Nutritional facts are included with each item, but reviews were primarily limited to taste.

[Image: 470_2227471.0]
Johnsonville Sausage and Egg Wrap ($1.79)
Nutritional Info: 360 calories, 220 calories from fat, 24 grams total fat, 780 grams of sodium

Fast-Foodie: "Nice crisp to it. It's almost got a panini type of feel to it. It seems like that's the way with Taco Bell… everything's very airy. The McDonald's Sausage McMuffin comes to mind."

Breakfast-on-the-Run: "First thing, right off the bat, it's half the size of their Crunch Wrap Supreme, which is like a Frisbee. Easy to carry. An easy in-your-car eat. Because it's got a pocket, unlike a burrito which can squish out while you're driving."

Health-Nut: "It's very thin. You have a very thin layer of egg, not much cheese, and then you have a sausage patty. It's not as hearty as other fast-food sandwiches."

[Image: 470_2227473.0]
Grande Skillet Burrito ($2.79)
Nutritional Info: 720 calories, 350 calories from fat, 39 grams total fat, 1510 grams of sodium

Fast-Foodie: "It's very potato-heavy, which any breakfast burrito done right should always be. And they aren't your usual hash browns. They're flavorful, like American-style breakfast potatoes."

Breakfast-on-the-Run: "It's 90 percent potato. You can't taste the meat at all. But I think if I had the choice, I would order just one of these, as opposed to three of the smaller burritos."

Health Nut: "The tomatoes and onions are a great surprise. It seems healthier than the Carl's Jr. breakfast burrito. I wish they could turn it into a bowl."

[Image: 470_2227475.0]
Bacon and Egg Burrito ($0.99)
Nutritional Info: 280 calories, 140 calories from fat, 15 grams total fat, 680 grams of sodium

Fast-Foodie: "It's almost ham-y. The first thing I smelled was ham. And it definitely does not taste like bacon. There's no crisp on it whatsoever."

Breakfast-on-the-Run: "It's dinky, but for $0.99, that's what you're expecting. If I wanted only this for breakfast, I'd probably order two."

[Image: 470_2227481.0]
Cinnabon Delights ($1.49)
Nutritional Info: 220 calories, 110 calories from fat, 12 grams total fat, 110 grams of sodium

Fast-Foodie: "My initial reaction is I think this will be a big hit. Cinnabon is a recognizable company. You know the smell when you walk into a mall. I think that was a good partnership."

Breakfast-on-the-Run: "I guess this is like the churro of breakfast. It's like a doughnut hole with cream filling. Kids will love them."

Health Nut: "My kids would go crazy over the Cinnabon Delights, but I'm not sure how thrilled I'd be for them to have this for breakfast."

[Image: 470_2227485.0]
Seattle's Best Coffee ($0.99)
Nutritional Info: 10 calories, 0 calories from fat, 0 grams total fat, 20 grams of sodium

Fast-Foodie: "It's good. Seattle's Best is solid. But it's not up to the level of McDonald's, who's done real well with their coffee."

Breakfast-on-the-Run: "I'm not so much a coffee snob, but it's not very thick." (Note: The reviewer did take the coffee with them to-go).

Health Nut: "It just tastes like coffee-flavored water."

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/review...00827.html
Well, I don't go to Taco Bell. And I don't really drink coffee. I do, but not daily. it's more like just sometimes, because I like the taste. Coffee only makes me sleepy. So, it's coffee wouldn't bring it me in either. And, unfortunately, I'm not much of a fan of flour tortillas either. Unless they are crisped in a quesadilla. It seems like it would be easy to make freezer burritos to grab and go. Yeah, you'd have to microwave them. But, I won't be doing that either. But really, TB? I'm guessing they use reconstituted beans. Which is worse? I've never tried it, but I can't imagine a crisped flour tortilla surviving the trip to the freezer and then the microwave.
why not just have Ritalin for breakfast then?
www.good.is/post/activists-send-hundreds-of-tacos-to-connecticut-mayor/

East Haven, Connecticut, Mayor Joseph Maturo, Jr. ruffled a lot of feathers this week when he told a reporter that he would address Latinos' concerns over police discrimination and abuse by "eating tacos." Maturo has since apologized numerous times, but activists around the country continue to take him to task. Some, like Connecticut's Latino and Puerto Rican Affairs Commission, have asked for his resignation. Others have gotten a bit more creative with their protest.

Immigrant rights group Reform Immigration for America started a "text-the-mayor-a-taco" campaign, in which they agreed to buy Maturo a taco for every text message they received from irate citizens. The group ended up getting more than 3,000 texts, but they decided to send only 500 tacos, all of which were delivered to Maturo's office Thursday night. The gesture was mostly symbolic, of course, and 499 of the tacos were donated to a community food bank for East Haven's needy. One taco was left for the mayor.
continued.......
(01-28-2012, 09:27 AM)bbqboy Wrote: why not just have Ritalin for breakfast then?

[Image: ritalin-os.jpg]
(01-27-2012, 07:33 AM)Larry Wrote:
(01-26-2012, 09:17 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I wasn't knockin' Taco Hell.
Just sharing the good news about breakfast being available! Big Grin

Changing their name to Taco HELL isn't knocking them? :wacko:

We used to call Artic Circle, Arsenic Circle.. It was just a name we gave it. We still ate there.

Boys would have called it Fartic Circle. Smiling
(01-28-2012, 09:27 AM)bbqboy Wrote: why not just have Ritalin for breakfast then?

Although I gotta ask...Ritalin is better than a homemade burrito?Unsure Why would I want/need Ritalin? (Your comment just isn't making sense to me.)
If coffee makes you sleepy....
(01-28-2012, 11:23 AM)bbqboy Wrote: If coffee makes you sleepy....

Ah! Well, I don't need a 'jump start'. I'm just lazy all the time.Razz I drink Chai in the morning because it's warm and I like the taste. But it isn't necessary. When I feel exceptionally exhausted, I will go the energy drink route, but I haven't had one of those in months. They really do stop afternoon drag.
OK who do I blame.
Thursday Lunch Jack in Box.
Thursday night I get a chicken strip at Walmart deli ($1.25)
Friday lunch I get two BurgerKing's chicken sandwich (2 for one deal) (about $4 for the two)
Friday evening my stomach feels queasy, So I feed it. Jack in Box $.99 two tacos. I only eat one.

Friday night I'm vomiting and stuck on the toilet.
Full body purged.
So how long does it take something you eat, to cause you to get sick.
You blame Wal*Mart, of course.
(01-28-2012, 11:39 AM)bbqboy Wrote: You blame Wal*Mart, of course.

deeper pockets.Big Grin

Well there was some unusual conditions at Wal*Mart, The chicken strips are generally on the right side of the case. The other day they moved them to the left side. I first thought they were sold out.
SO, Don't eat the chicken strips from the left side of the case.
(01-28-2012, 11:37 AM)chuck white Wrote: So how long does it take something you eat, to cause you to get sick.

I think it depends on how much and what kind of bacteria the food had. A few hours to possibly two days later is possible. Be sure to re-hydrate yourself Chuck. Water and lots of it.
(01-28-2012, 11:37 AM)chuck white Wrote: OK who do I blame.
Thursday Lunch Jack in Box.
Thursday night I get a chicken strip at Walmart deli ($1.25)
Friday lunch I get two BurgerKing's chicken sandwich (2 for one deal) (about $4 for the two)
Friday evening my stomach feels queasy, So I feed it. Jack in Box $.99 two tacos. I only eat one.

Friday night I'm vomiting and stuck on the toilet.
Full body purged.
So how long does it take something you eat, to cause you to get sick.

Not so fast, Chuck. There's a nasty intestinal virus going around. There always is this time of year.

Quote: chuck white Friday lunch I get two BurgerKing's chicken sandwich (2 for one deal) (about $4 for the two)

That's 78 grams of FATTwitch I would be sick also.