Hi Kam
Is it possible to create an disabling emoticon feature so people who don't want to view them on other members posts can choose to not see them ? Just curious , thanks YH616
Yes, and I would like an application that overrides that disabling feature as well. Laughing

[Image: Emoticon-1842005.jpg]
You have a problem with that Ponder ?
You can choose to not view avatars and/or signatures. Geek That's about it. Big Grin

Thumbs Up
Quote:You have a problem with that Ponder ?

Seems like you're about the last one around here to have any comment regarding attachments, offensiveness, or general good conduct in any form, personally. Maybe after, oh, maybe a couple years of good behavior or somethin'. Smiling
First off I am wondering if it can be done . And if so , irregardless of it being me asking , why do you have a problem with it ?
Since we have to look at your preachiness with every post (unless we disable everyone's signatures), the fact you have to look at an emoticon once in awhile and knowing that bugs you too brings me great pleasure. Smiling
Kam ? Can you make it so there is an emoticon disabling feature like there is a signature disabling feature ?
I will have to look into it, it doesn't exist in the stock MyBB install though - so it would be a plugin. Even then, it would probably have to just disable graphical ones (meaning they'd show up as text), since the smiley code is saved into the text of the messages.
That would be fine with me at least especially in the case of moving emoticons . They are a crutch IMO and are very annoying visually , especially the moving ones. Thanks for hollering back . Have a good evening.
(02-02-2012, 04:01 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: That would be fine with me at least especially in the case of moving emoticons . They are a crutch IMO and are very annoying visually , especially the moving ones. Thanks for hollering back . Have a good evening.
[Image: 713d.gif]
While it may not be the case here, I do have a couple of friends that have asked the same question on another forum. No, not JC. The problem is that they have a tendency towards migraines and a lot of the moving gif's can trigger them. I had no idea. Someone posted one that was like the spinning pinwheel that we have all seen. It put one of the guys into instant migraine territory.

Who would have thought.
There ought to be a forum just for people to post emoticons at each other. The moving ones are by far the most annoying and it is somewhat the same as some of the the moving sideshows and stuff one has to deal with when surfing news sites. Some folks get migraines but overall I wager the amount of moving shit online affects most adults negatively. Notice how different it is even form TV.
Maybe there should be a forum that doesn't allow emoticons at all. If not, maybe someone could just start their own forum... with their own rules! That sounds like a dandy idea! Thumbs Up
I often wondered why ILGP folks didn't just do that . But that isn't what this is about.
(02-02-2012, 07:49 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: There ought to be a forum just for people to post emoticons at each other. The moving ones are by far the most annoying

Like this?

[Image: Fading_Pinwheel_1_anim__gif_by_1389AD.gif]
I remember people on MTF getting irked when I posted one like this.[Image: SEIZURE.gif]
Well isn't that special. Gawd. LOL
(02-02-2012, 07:49 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: There ought to be a forum just for people to post emoticons at each other. The moving ones are by far the most annoying and it is somewhat the same as some of the the moving sideshows and stuff one has to deal with when surfing news sites. Some folks get migraines but overall I wager the amount of moving shit online affects most adults negatively. Notice how different it is even form TV.

OK, but it has to also include text speak, like LOL, BRB, IMHO, FU!, or 4Q, 420, HAK, and PITA...that should fit in well.
Dear Jesus when I grow up please don't let me become a whiner. Amen