2/28/2012 - Site errors
It appears our hosting company may have had some problems with the database server this morning, which caused some of our database tables to crash and made the site unavailable for a bit. I believe it's all fixed, but if you notice any errors, please let me know (I'll need to know what page you were on when it happened and what the error says).

Thanks!

Kam
simon's love odes to michelle on the snickers thread show up as an invalid forum for me.
Looks like one of the database tables lost a record, so some posts have no associated forum (category). Looking into it.
I'd just posted something when it happened, but I'd seen it appear in the forum. Something similar happened a couple days ago or so too. It never occurred to me that you'd care what the message says, and without using the forum I'd have no way of notifying you, either.
If you can't post, support@roguevalleyforum.com should work -- I should probably put that email in the error message template one of these days. Smiling
(02-28-2012, 10:27 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I'd just posted something when it happened, but I'd seen it appear in the forum. Something similar happened a couple days ago or so too. It never occurred to me that you'd care what the message says, and without using the forum I'd have no way of notifying you, either.

I knew you were at fault. Razz
(02-28-2012, 10:32 AM)kgasso Wrote: If you can't post, support@roguevalleyforum.com should work -- I should probably put that email in the error message template one of these days. Smiling

Do you even care? I guess I figured you hearing from a bunch of us is only so much annoyance, and one way or another you're going to hear about it anyway.
(02-28-2012, 10:33 AM)PonderThis Wrote:
(02-28-2012, 10:32 AM)kgasso Wrote: If you can't post, support@roguevalleyforum.com should work -- I should probably put that email in the error message template one of these days. Smiling

Do you even care? I guess I figured you hearing from a bunch of us is only so much annoyance, and one way or another you're going to hear about it anyway.

It's good to know, I'm not always around to check on things but email usually gets my attention. Big Grin

Also, I think everything is all fixed up now.