What would you like to see change here?
Good afternoon, all!

As most folks know, this place has been through a lot of changes and transformations over the past few years -- some of which have stuck and others that didn't work out so well (at least we tried).

So, let's talk.

What would you like to see change here, in particular about how the place is run? Is there a feature that you'd like to see added to the site? What are the biggest annoyances you experience here?

Some things to please keep in mind when you make suggestions:
  • There are some limitations to the software used here. I can write plugins for some changes that aren't part of the base install, but others can be difficult due to the limits of where plugins are allowed hook into the system.
  • Our time to do things on the site is usually pretty limited, so things that would require a lot of constant oversight or moderation might not work out in the end.

If you don't want to share it publicly for any reason, feel free to PM me and I can post it for you anonymously.

I'm looking forward to seeing your suggestions and comments on others' suggestions. Smiling

Thanks,

Kam
P.S.: No, Chuck, I won't make it so you can log into other people's accounts without their passwords. Laughing
can we make a poll?
I figure I'll take most of the suggestions gleaned from here and do that at some point. Smiling
Make me a moderator *Chuckle * I could go by GhostMod.
I was posting something on another board; I hit Post Reply, then had to wait for the box saying 'Your Reply Was Sucessfully Posted' to come up before I saw my Reply. Not a biggie, but just a reminder of how much more I like this software.

I caused a lot of bad feelings with Cletus when I got so angry at how people were responding to a thread I started I deleted the whole durn thing. And he was completely right; one shouldn't be able to take away what others have written. The thread acquires a life of it's own and needs to be left to sink or swim.

I would like, however, to have the ability to delete a thread (or a post) I started within a set time limit. Just for an hour, even a half hour. Even 15 minutes!

I find the religious signature used by Yeshuah Hamashiach offensive. Seriously. This is not a religious board. This is not a put down of him, I just hate that violent signature.

but this board CAN be a religious experience. Smiling
(02-03-2012, 05:50 PM)Clone Wrote: I was posting something on another board; I hit Post Reply, then had to wait for the box saying 'Your Reply Was Sucessfully Posted' to come up before I saw my Reply. Not a biggie, but just a reminder of how much more I like this software.

I caused a lot of bad feelings with Cletus when I got so angry at how people were responding to a thread I started I deleted the whole durn thing. And he was completely right; one shouldn't be able to take away what others have written. The thread acquires a life of it's own and needs to be left to sink or swim.

I would like, however, to have the ability to delete a thread (or a post) I started within a set time limit. Just for an hour, even a half hour. Even 15 minutes!

You can, I think. I'm pretty sure you can delete your own words for up to 240 minutes

I find the religious signature used by Yeshuah Hamashiach offensive. Seriously. This is not a religious board. This is not a put down of him, I just hate that violent signature.
Why do you read it? Seriously I never did until you pointed it out. All that religious garbage I just read a sentence and when I see it's crap I stop.

What happened to Fatty Weasel? Did we burn him out? It was never clear, but he was introduced sort of like a member of the Holy Trinity, he had his moments of glory, then faded away. Is he still a happening deal?

I agree that posts should be able to be deleted by the original poster within a certain period. I know Jesus abused that policy, but there's too many instances of making duplicate posts, etc., that would be nice to delete within a reasonable time period - e.g. someone else posts the same thing someplace else while you're thinking of it, or you accidently hit "reply" instead of "edit", etc.

I also find religious signatures offensive to the max. I didn't come here to be exposed to anybodies fuckin' church, and otherwise I haven't been inside a church other than to see someone married since I was 18 either. It's more than personal, I hate it. I shouldn't have to disable everyone elses signatures either to get away from it. I don't have a suggested solution to it though, if I was moderator, I would have canned the offender on numerous reasons already. As it is, I intend to annoy every single openly religious poster of whatever persuasion. If they can be in my face with their religious crap, I can be just as much if not more in their face back. This might be behind much of the world's woes as well as the RVF. Good luck on the solution, mine is open ridicule.

If I owned the forum, I'd probably consider some appropriate side businesses I'd devote the advertising to. Of course I'd never admit the connection. Smiling

wet pot?
Is there a market for wet pot? According to the law, it's not useable until it's trimmed and dry. And, I'm willing to go with that, too. Smiling
according to our resident expert on everything, TV, there is.
Well, his common sense opinions widely held by "everyone" including cops certainly trumps established law and judicial opinion then, doesn't it? Smiling
(02-03-2012, 05:50 PM)Clone Wrote: I find the religious signature used by Yeshuah Hamashiach offensive. Seriously. This is not a religious board. This is not a put down of him, I just hate that violent signature.
Non negotiable. *Smile* .

(02-03-2012, 09:10 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote:
(02-03-2012, 05:50 PM)Clone Wrote: I find the religious signature used by Yeshuah Hamashiach offensive. Seriously. This is not a religious board. This is not a put down of him, I just hate that violent signature.
Non negotiable. *Smile* .

I understand, completely. It's not your nature to do something nice or appeasing, just because it may be the right thing to do.
Can I get paid per post?
That would be cool.
It has nothing to do with doing something nice. Your twisting the issue as usual. You know what you can do with your version of right. *Smile* I am by far more adamant than Ponder is about trying to knock me off my feet and have me publically shamed. Snort.
Publicly shamed? The only one who has publicly shamed JC/HamSammich is JC/HamSammich.

BTW, when the Big Grin Smiling Razz Laughing are fake ass... they don't mean crapola!
(02-03-2012, 09:31 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: I am by far more adamant than Ponder is about trying to knock me off my feet and have me publically shamed.

Right. You take care of those things yourself. Laughing Laughing Laughing
You seem to miss the process and result of shaming. I am not ashamed and never was go ahead and ask Clone she knows.