Kaelin Glazier
As a juror, they can't hardly present me with enough evidence to find another person guilty of anything. Even if I saw something with my own eyes I'd still be skeptical. I've been on several court cases and I don't think I've voted to find anybody guilty yet. It always seems to me their evidence is pretty flimsy. (This might be because the obvious cases plead guilty, I don't know.) You would want me to be a juror at your trial.
I used to live in Ruch (Applegate) and I knew Billy and Kaelin. It's a very small, tight knit community and my son was friends with both kids. For those judging Billy from the way he looks perhaps you can open your mind enough for a glimpse into the nightmare that has been his life thus far. Poverty, fatherless, only child to an aging mother not to mention the fact that he stood feet above his schoolmates was taunted and teased unmercifully and alienated. It wasn't until the kids were teens that Bill was accepted by his peers and that was because there was virtually zero supervision at Billy's house and it became a cool place for the kids to go and do what teenagers do and not have to answer to an adult. But now it was the older generation who despised and loathed the fact that Billy Simmons existed. So basically Billy's whole life up to this point had been one of rejection, anger and pain. I never saw him carefree, laughing or relaxed. He was a brooding, surly young man and could not, would not look me in the eye even once. When I found out about the murder and that he was a suspect I immediately jumped on the guilty bandwagon. I mean, who else could of done this to Kaelin? When he was charged I just knew that there was solid evidence now that the body had been found and finally justice would prevail and Kealin could rest in peace. So like so many others I followed the trial diligently, eager to hear the evidence that would be presented that would explain why Kaelin was taken so brutally and so soon from this earth by the hands of William Simmons. The trial is over but I am still waiting. There are more questions than answers and I now believe based on the evidence presented during this loony tunes trial that Billy is innocent of this crime. And somewhere out there there is a cold blooded murderer who walks among us, our children, free. The jury and prosecution are pleased? With what? You will be held accountable for this injustice till the end of time how can that be pleasing?
(02-21-2012, 01:58 AM)beckysue Wrote: I used to live in Ruch (Applegate) and I knew Billy and Kaelin. It's a very small, tight knit community and my son was friends with both kids. For those judging Billy from the way he looks perhaps you can open your mind enough for a glimpse into the nightmare that has been his life thus far. Poverty, fatherless, only child to an aging mother not to mention the fact that he stood feet above his schoolmates was taunted and teased unmercifully and alienated. It wasn't until the kids were teens that Bill was accepted by his peers and that was because there was virtually zero supervision at Billy's house and it became a cool place for the kids to go and do what teenagers do and not have to answer to an adult. But now it was the older generation who despised and loathed the fact that Billy Simmons existed. So basically Billy's whole life up to this point had been one of rejection, anger and pain. I never saw him carefree, laughing or relaxed. He was a brooding, surly young man and could not, would not look me in the eye even once. When I found out about the murder and that he was a suspect I immediately jumped on the guilty bandwagon. I mean, who else could of done this to Kaelin? When he was charged I just knew that there was solid evidence now that the body had been found and finally justice would prevail and Kealin could rest in peace. So like so many others I followed the trial diligently, eager to hear the evidence that would be presented that would explain why Kaelin was taken so brutally and so soon from this earth by the hands of William Simmons. The trial is over but I am still waiting. There are more questions than answers and I now believe based on the evidence presented during this loony tunes trial that Billy is innocent of this crime. And somewhere out there there is a cold blooded murderer who walks among us, our children, free. The jury and prosecution are pleased? With what? You will be held accountable for this injustice till the end of time how can that be pleasing?

I too am waiting for the evidence. I was sure that he would not have finally been arrested if the prosecutors did not have some king of solid incriminating evidence. So I read the newspapers and followed the trial and yes there was some evidence.
But it was evidence showing that it was likely someone else committed the crime .
Well I am glad you started this thread. I am feeling a little guilty for thinking you would convict anyone the police said commited any crime. Well, I don't feel that bad, but I am glad you like the idea of evidence being needed to convict people.Rolling Eyes I plan to keep my eye on you.Wink Laughing
The fact that Kaelin's body was so close to Simmons all those years and the remains had not been disturbed speaks volumes to me. Sixteen years gave Bill ample time to wander next door and remove/destroy evidence that may incriminate or link him to Kaelin's murder. The duct tape would of weighed heavy on his mind had he committed this crime and why would he put her so close to his home? Bill was raised in those mountains and undoubtedly knew of better places to hide her body. Also, there was DNA found on the duct tape and it wasn't Billy's, did they find out who it belongs to? When is the Defense going to present this new evidence that is being admitted?
So after reading what all of you had to say about this... it's true. No evidence has been given to the public. I have been unwillingly following this case before it even was one. My sister was gone before I even got to know her. And even though I only remember a few things about her, I do remember everything once she was gone.ever since that night our family has been through more than you know trying to figure out what could have happened. my mother had talkedto billy with the police since the beginning. Although you guys think he shouldn't have been given a guilty verdict you also say that you dont really know everything. And trust me there has been way more to this story that you are following than you know. They haven't published every secondor day that has gone by. They dont release everything. Stop questioning what has happened when you do not know the truth. When you do not know the evidence that you so desperatly need. There is more than what you see or hear. There is always more.
(02-21-2012, 11:54 PM)beckysue Wrote: The fact that KaelZippedin's body was so close to Simmons all those years and the remains had not been disturbed speaks volumes to me. Sixteen years gave Bill ample time to wander next door and remove/destroy evidence that may incriminate or link him to Kaelin's murder. The duct tape would of weighed heavy on his mind had he committed this crime and why would he put her so close to his home? Bill wZippedas raised in those mountains and undoubtedly knew of better places to hide her body. Also, there was DNA found on the duct tape and it wasn't Billy's, did they find out who it belongs to? When is the Defense going to present this new evidence that isZipped being admitted?

The Dna was from the ones uncovering the body.
You guys?UnsureTwitch
(02-26-2012, 09:59 PM)Iamher Wrote: So after reading what all of you had to say about this... it's true. No evidence has been given to the public. I have been unwillingly following this case before it even was one. My sister was gone before I even got to know her. And even though I only remember a few things about her, I do remember everything once she was gone.ever since that night our family has been through more than you know trying to figure out what could have happened. my mother had talkedto billy with the police since the beginning. Although you guys think he shouldn't have been given a guilty verdict you also say that you dont really know everything. And trust me there has been way more to this story that you are following than you know. They haven't published every secondor day that has gone by. They dont release everything. Stop questioning what has happened when you do not know the truth. When you do not know the evidence that you so desperatly need. There is more than what you see or hear. There is always more.

The trial is over, some jurors have spoken about about it now. Yes you are right none of us know everything. But what did the jury know? What is it that the jury knew to convict?
You say you know something we don't but did the jury?

They haven't published every secondor day that has gone by. They dont release everything. Stop questioning what has happened when you do not know the truth

If the jurors had this compelling evidence why can't or wasn't it mentioned and it would have had to have been introduced in the trial. And yes every second of the trial was covered, was it not?

And why on earth can't we question what happened?
(02-26-2012, 10:03 PM)Iamher Wrote:
(02-21-2012, 11:54 PM)beckysue Wrote: The fact that KaelZippedin's body was so close to Simmons all those years and the remains had not been disturbed speaks volumes to me. Sixteen years gave Bill ample time to wander next door and remove/destroy evidence that may incriminate or link him to Kaelin's murder. The duct tape would of weighed heavy on his mind had he committed this crime and why would he put her so close to his home? Bill wZippedas raised in those mountains and undoubtedly knew of better places to hide her body. Also, there was DNA found on the duct tape and it wasn't Billy's, did they find out who it belongs to? When is the Defense going to present this new evidence that isZipped being admitted?

I've read several statements about the DNA that say it was not Simmon's. I have never once read anyone state where it came from. You you tell me where you got this information?
Iamher.. I think I speak for most that come to this thread to voice an opinion or concern re: the outcome of this trial and it's not because we wish to debate or heckle those involved. It's because there is something very disturbing and flat out wrong with the way the trial was conducted. As a Citizen of the US and one who is governed by the laws here I have to have faith and find comfort in knowing that we have a reliable and fair Justice System. It could be any one of us in Simmons shoes and I would expect and deserve a fair trial wouldn't you? Inasmuch as I feel for your family and those who loved Kaelin and the sheer horror and heart ache you have been through you are wrong to assume that I or anyone else here have no right to discuss her death and the events surrounding it. This case belongs to everyone. It affects all of us when there is a murderer among us, our daughters, sisters and friends. And as long as I have a voice and the the conviction that an injustice has been done I will use it as loud as I please. furthermore, if there is evidence or more to this story as you say then why in the world are we not hearing about it? We shouldn't have to sit in a courtroom to ensure that justice will be served or to be properly informed on a matter that affects everyone. I am not convinced of Bills guilt. I am sickened by the possibility that a cold blooded killer is among us and has gotten away with this heinous crime. Kaelin did not deserve to die the way she did nor does an innocent man deserve to go to prison for a crime he did not commit and until it is proven Simmons is guilty BEYOND A SHADOW OF DOUBT as our laws claim to uphold I cannot nor will not believe he committed this crime. And yes, I too would like to know the source of your information as to where the DNA on the tape came from? Again, that would normally be public information if it is known.
(02-27-2012, 12:52 AM)beckysue Wrote: Iamher.. I think I speak for most that come to this thread to voice an opinion or concern re: the outcome of this trial and it's not because we wish to debate or heckle those involved. It's because there is something very disturbing and flat out wrong with the way the trial was conducted. As a Citizen of the US and one who is governed by the laws here I have to have faith and find comfort in knowing that we have a reliable and fair Justice System. It could be any one of us in Simmons shoes and I would expect and deserve a fair trial wouldn't you? Inasmuch as I feel for your family and those who loved Kaelin and the sheer horror and heart ache you have been through you are wrong to assume that I or anyone else here have no right to discuss her death and the events surrounding it. This case belongs to everyone. It affects all of us when there is a murderer among us, our daughters, sisters and friends. And as long as I have a voice and the the conviction that an injustice has been done I will use it as loud as I please. furthermore, if there is evidence or more to this story as you say then why in the world are we not hearing about it? We shouldn't have to sit in a courtroom to ensure that justice will be served or to be properly informed on a matter that affects everyone. I am not convinced of Bills guilt. I am sickened by the possibility that a cold blooded killer is among us and has gotten away with this heinous crime. Kaelin did not deserve to die the way she did nor does an innocent man deserve to go to prison for a crime he did not commit and until it is proven Simmons is guilty BEYOND A SHADOW OF DOUBT as our laws claim to uphold I cannot nor will not believe he committed this crime. And yes, I too would like to know the source of your information as to where the DNA on the tape came from? Again, that would normally be public information if it is known.

Very well said I think you pretty much echoed my sentiments exactly. : One problem though... the law does not state that someone must be proven guilty "BEYOND A SHADOW OF DOUBT".
The law says that a jury must think he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

From the evidence that I have seen and it was an open trial. I for one can definitely not say Simmons is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I don't understand how the Jury could either.
(02-26-2012, 11:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-26-2012, 10:03 PM)Iamher Wrote:

From being inside the court room and hearing it.

I've read several statements about the DNA that say it was not Simmon's. I have never once read anyone state where it came from. You you tell me where you got this information?

(02-27-2012, 01:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-27-2012, 12:52 AM)beckysue Wrote: Iamher.. I think I speak for most that come to this thread to voice an opinion or concern re: the outcome of this trial and it's not because we wish to debate or heckle those involved. It's because there is something very disturbing and flat out wrong with the way the trial was conducted. As a Citizen of the US and one who is governed by the laws here I have to have faith and find comfort in knowing that we have a reliable and fair Justice System. It could be any one of us in Simmons shoes and I would expect and deserve a fair trial wouldn't you? Inasmuch as I feel for your family and those who loved Kaelin and the sheer horror and heart ache you have been through you are wrong to assume that I or anyone else here have no right to discuss her death and the events surrounding it. This case belongs to everyone. It affects all of us when there is a murderer among us, our daughters, sisters and friends. And as long as I have a voice and the the conviction that an injustice has been done I will use it as loud as I please. furthermore, if there is evidence or more to this story as you say then why in the world are we not hearing about it? We shouldn't have to sit in a courtroom to ensure that justice will be served or to be properly informed on a matter that affects everyone. I am not convinced of Bills guilt. I am sickened by the possibility that a cold blooded killer is among us and has gotten away with this heinous crime. Kaelin did not deserve to die the way she did nor does an innocent man deserve to go to prison for a crime he did not commit and until it is proven Simmons is guilty BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT as our laws claim to uphold I cannot nor will not believe he committed this crime. And yes, I too would like to know the source of your information as to where the DNA on the tape came from? Again, that would normally be public information if it is known.

Very well said I think you pretty much echoed my sentiments exactly. : One problem though... the law does not state that someone must be proven guilty "BEYOND A SHADOW OF DOUBT".
The law says that a jury must think he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

From the evidence that I have seen and it was an open trial. I for one can definitely not say Simmons is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I don't understand how the Jury could either.

Thanks tvguy, I have changed the error...