Think Before You Write if Possible
This was on my Facebook...geeze louise!
The only thing I changed was remove the last names.

Jose

HEY ITS 5'oclock somewhere mite as well b here with my buddy in the pretty purple bag n lil coke can make it all rite
Share · about an hour ago via mobile · .

Rebecca Wow...u put that on fb? Yikes?
22 minutes ago.

Jose ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
20 minutes ago.

Rebecca ?"a lil coke"...i hope u are talking about soda!
18 minutes ago.

Jose LMAO UR RITE SORRY YES SODA N CROWN!!!! :-)~~
7 minutes ago.

Rebecca I'm like damn! That's a lil crazy you'd put that on ur page! I feel better now!
5 minutes ago.

Jose YES MA'AM SORRY IM INTO A LITRE PRETY GOOD N FEELLIN BETTER BUT MY WORDS DONT MATCH MY HIGH LOL SORRY I DIDNT EXPLAIN MY SELF BETTER :-)
2 minutes ago.

Rebecca It's all good darlin...don't scare ur people like that!

I'm talking to the person living inside of Jose now. Will you please identify yourself?
OMG...I'm rolling...hubby came in wanting to know what's so funny.

(all names have been changed to protect the innocent)

All packed, Mr. Cletus?
Got a ride to the airport?
(02-05-2012, 10:02 PM)Clone Wrote: OMG...I'm rolling...hubby came in wanting to know what's so funny.

(all names have been changed to protect the innocent)

All packed, Mr. Cletus?
Got a ride to the airport?

You may have misunderstood. Clete is not going. Mrs. clete is going. The entire idea is for her to get away from his incentent chatter about the size of his melons and all the veggies he hopes to grow come spring.
She has packed the freezer with TV dinners and made him promise to flush the toilet at least once a day. She stopped delivery of the newspaper 'cause he won't read it anyway what with all his time going over seed catalogs. He doesn't know how to use the washer and dryer so she has laid out clothing for each day. (He won't' bother).

So now you know. Mrs. Clete says she is very fond of him, but NOT EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR!

PS: My wife helped me write the above.
Yes Crone I'm all packed accept for a few things. I'll see you in a month. Wonky, my wife said to stop calling her. She said its not going to happen. You have to have ID in the name of the ticketed passenger to board the plane.
(02-05-2012, 10:30 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Yes Crone I'm all packed accept for a few things. I'll see you in a month. Wonky, my wife said to stop calling her. She said its not going to happen. You have to have ID in the name of the ticketed passenger to board the plane.

Laughing
Yea, worse than that: I've had the pleasure of meeting Mrs. Cletus, and I've seen my face in the mirror. Nothing to be gained by my calling her, the lady way out of my class.

Have loads of fun, be safe, and take photos for us please.

Bon Voyage

(02-05-2012, 10:30 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Yes Crone I'm all packed accept for a few things. I'll see you in a month.

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.
Happy trails to you, keep smilin' until then.
Who cares about the clouds when we're together?
Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.
Happy trails to you, 'till we meet again.

Some trails are happy ones,
Others are blue.
It's the way you ride the trail that counts,
Here's a happy one for you.

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.
Happy trails to you, keep smilin' until then.
Who cares about the clouds when we're together?
Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.

Happy trails to you, 'till we meet again.

And now that "Clete the feet" is off to the awful humidity and lethal sunshine in far away places with strange sounding names:

I return to "THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE IF POSSIBLE.

What a concept!

People who are professional writers often read aloud what they have written, having learned that what it sounds like can be very important. And this, almost always, after many re-writes. In search of "my better self" I may give it a try.

And that reminds me.

Yesterday, I reported Pastor Clyde, Jesus Christ, Hammy/sandwich, or whatever we use to reference our member of outlandish and strange offerings to his place. It gives me no pleasure to have done this.

My take has been this: His original comments, that is posts he authored rather than replies he made, were easier to digest, if in fact I read them. The real problem seemed to be when others would respond, goading him into more and more aggressive language.

Finally, he would make comments (such as F*** Obama) that I found over the line. We all make comments we might take back on second thought, but Hammy has been making a career of it. Too often, it became almost impossible to ignore.

I feel no hate, even dislike for The Pastor. I wonder about his emotional stability, but I'm not qualified to make any real judgements. His posts here, even to lay people, must seem strange and disconnected from what most of see as reality.

I wish him well. I hope he finds a resource of some kind that will aid in his reflections about his view of reality and his behavior in the social world.

It's my hope that he will be banned from this forum for a period long enough for him to find "his better self" and return to us with a more objective view of his place here, and in the world.

Again, I take no pleasure in this. In fact, it causes a kind of sadness because over the years he has been part of our little community, and whatever his conduct, he has been "family".

So, as Clone suggests, what we write here should include some thought before we blast off into expressions that don't' represent what we really mean to say. I'm more guilty that most, in that I too often post something I think witty, only to be reminded that it does not sound all that damn funny to others. I will try to improve.

So Clone, in addition to your good and useful information about grammar, etc, you have given us "grist for the mill", good and valuable direction that we might consider. If we accept you "challenge", it can only improve this virtual place.

Thanks, and I hope you will criticize my posts so that I might improve and demonstrate that I have given at least some though to what I write.

I have given some though as well. Smiling
May I reply?
Or do I need my Husband to do that for me?

Ahhh Hell... never mind. Rolling Eyes
He's not going to have to beat somebody up is he? Smiling
(02-08-2012, 10:15 AM)PonderThis Wrote: He's not going to have to beat somebody up is he? Smiling

Nah... we're not like that...
(02-08-2012, 10:16 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(02-08-2012, 10:15 AM)PonderThis Wrote: He's not going to have to beat somebody up is he? Smiling

Of course you are not. "At the end of the day" you can be reasonalble and objective I'm sure.
However, your reference above about your husband comes from private conversation we shared via PM. I wish you had kept it from this space. It adds nothing to the subject of this Topic, and as Ponders following comment about "beating someone up" shows, it only leads to deflecting the subject here.

Now, I'm going to turn my attention back to Clones good suggestion about "Thinking before we write, if possible". Keeping on task should promote better dialog.

(02-08-2012, 10:03 AM)Wonky Wrote: And now that "Clete the feet" is off to the awful humidity and lethal sunshine in far away places with strange sounding names:

I return to "THINK BEFORE YOU WRITE IF POSSIBLE.

What a concept!

People who are professional writers often read aloud what they have written, having learned that what it sounds like can be very important. And this, almost always, after many re-writes. In search of "my better self" I may give it a try.

And that reminds me.

Yesterday, I reported Pastor Clyde, Jesus Christ, Hammy/sandwich, or whatever we use to reference our member of outlandish and strange offerings to his place. It gives me no pleasure to have done this.

My take has been this: His original comments, that is posts he authored rather than replies he made, were easier to digest, if in fact I read them. The real problem seemed to be when others would respond, goading him into more and more aggressive language.

Finally, he would make comments (such as F*** Obama) that I found over the line. We all make comments we might take back on second thought, but Hammy has been making a career of it. Too often, it became almost impossible to ignore.

I feel no hate, even dislike for The Pastor. I wonder about his emotional stability, but I'm not qualified to make any real judgements. His posts here, even to lay people, must seem strange and disconnected from what most of see as reality.

I wish him well. I hope he finds a resource of some kind that will aid in his reflections about his view of reality and his behavior in the social world.

It's my hope that he will be banned from this forum for a period long enough for him to find "his better self" and return to us with a more objective view of his place here, and in the world.

Again, I take no pleasure in this. In fact, it causes a kind of sadness because over the years he has been part of our little community, and whatever his conduct, he has been "family".

So, as Clone suggests, what we write here should include some thought before we blast off into expressions that don't' represent what we really mean to say. I'm more guilty that most, in that I too often post something I think witty, only to be reminded that it does not sound all that damn funny to others. I will try to improve.

So Clone, in addition to your good and useful information about grammar, etc, you have given us "grist for the mill", good and valuable direction that we might consider. If we accept you "challenge", it can only improve this virtual place.

Thanks, and I hope you will criticize my posts so that I might improve and demonstrate that I have given at least some though to what I write.
I wont say it here but anything referring to Obama is fair game as politically motivated. Don't bother putting stuff from the State propaganda machine into news and expect me not to rial on it and I will use the word F88Ck I promise. Put it in the politics section where it belongs. There is plenty of wiggle room in News take a look at the threads I started and the comments on them. News is for real news anything else in my book is fair game for ridicule . Wonk my campaign season rants and commentary will be no less heated so live it or live with it. We started arguing over this back in the latter half of 08 . There were a number of pools calling for me to be banned. Your not going to run me off and I am not going to stop . Get over it. And get over your paining me in soem dark place , I was born this way and have been posting this way her efor 4 years .It ain't no manic trip , I am a prick and that is a fact .
YH616
you forgot asshole.
Arent we all. And Wonk ? Just because you say you harbor no ill will towards me makes it so. Your patronizing tone is as offensive as BBQs outright flaming. It's passive aggressive and it is offensive period. YH616
no, we are not all assholes. Your continual violation and flaunting of forum rules is intentional and in very poor taste. And standing up to an irrational bully(you) is not flaming.
* Laughing * MY spelling and grammar aint pretty , but I am plenty rational and those who need to know it do. * Smile*
(02-08-2012, 11:19 AM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: * Laughing * MY spelling and grammar aint pretty , but I am plenty rational and those who need to know it do. * Smile*

You are delusional. Time to PM Tom to have him come in and defend you again?
(02-08-2012, 10:39 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(02-08-2012, 10:16 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

Of course you are not. "At the end of the day" you can be reasonalble and objective I'm sure.
However, your reference above about your husband comes from private conversation we shared via PM. I wish you had kept it from this space. It adds nothing to the subject of this Topic, and as Ponders following comment about "beating someone up" shows, it only leads to deflecting the subject here.

Now, I'm going to turn my attention back to Clones good suggestion about "Thinking before we write, if possible". Keeping on task should promote better dialog.

Hey Wonk... No one had to know what the reference had to do with... but you made the choice to tell everyone that it has something to do with you. Rolling Eyes Smooth move! Eyebrows

[Image: p3-700.jpg]