Egypt to try 43 NGO workers, including 19 Americans, over funds
CAIRO (AP) — Ignoring a stern U.S. threat, Egypt on Sunday referred 43 NGO workers, including 19 Americans, to trial before a criminal court for allegedly using illegal foreign funds to foment unrest.

The decision marked a sharp escalation of the dispute between Cairo and Washington over Egypt‘s crackdown on U.S.-funded groups promoting democracy and human rights. The two countries have been close allies for more than three decades, but the campaign against the organizations has angered Washington and jeopardized the $1.5 billion in aid Egypt is set to receive from the U.S. this year.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012...mericans-/
Oh geeeze, now we have the Washington Times...Sun Myung Moon's tabloid!
Just because it has the word Times in the title, folks think it's a legitimate rag.
Washington Times...sounds official, doesn't it? Rolling Eyes
That all you got Punkin ?
I hope they burn the turds at the stake. I'd light the fire myself. Just to see that a few of these rats, don't come back.
Egyptians cancel meetings with U.S. lawmakers after aid warnings
Reuters) - An Egyptian military delegation abruptly cancelled its meetings with U.S. lawmakers to return to Cairo on Monday after warnings from both Congress and the White House that Egypt's crackdown on non-governmental groups could threaten its $1.3 billion in annual U.S. military aid.

A spokesman for the Egyptian Embassy confirmed that the delegation had cancelled its meetings this week with U.S. lawmakers, but gave no reason.

Last week, the Egyptian army delegation met State Department officials who outlined both the U.S. position on the pro-democracy non-governmental groups and the new conditions that Congress recently imposed on American military assistance.

Nineteen Americans are among 40 foreign and Egyptian activists whose cases have been referred to criminal court by Egypt's army-backed government. A number of the U.S. citizens involved have sought refuge in the American Embassy.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/0...YX20120206