Another Officer Involved Shooting in Medford
http://www.ktvl.com/articles/police-1203...ficer.html

MPD investigates officer-involved shooting
February 13, 2012 11:26 AM

Quote:MEDFORD, Ore. -- Medford Police are investigating a shooting and crash on Avion Way.

Around 9:30 a.m., police officers received a call aboua dtriver slumped over in a car parked in Gold Hill, police say.

Later, the officer saw the car driving and tried to stop it.

The driver then started eluding the police officer. This started a high speed chase.

Police say the chase ended when the driver crashed into a tree near Avion Drive and Airport Road.

The man attempted to leave the scene, but the pursuing officer shot at the vehicle to keep it from going forward.

Police say no person was shot.

A young man was taken to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Medford Police have not identified which agency was involved in the shooting. However, Medford is the investigating agency.
Probably one of the pot smokers convict Myers mentions.
Drove into the tail end of the event earlier this afternoon around 11:45ish. Was on my way to pick up a winning from the Radio station on that same street and ran into the police barricades.

There was police tape all over, the fire department had their boom ladder up in the sky in the middle of nowhere (not around any buildings), with a camera shooting overhead pics from what I could tell. The radio station was blocked off by the main entrance coming down Airport Road. I had to go the way of Navigator's Landing to get to the station's parking lot which was opened up with police tape just on the other side of it blocking Pepsi and the business across the street where the Jeep was.

To me, it sort of looked like an exercise with the 5 or so police cars, fire truck and people standing around, but then found out what it really was at the station. Later in more detail on KTVL's site.

From what the radio station person told me was at the peak of the event which was literally in the lot next to their parking lot separated by hedges was that there was a mass of 10-15 police cars of all shapes and kinds in that area.
So all we have to do is find out who won the radio contest and we'll have your identity hacked. Smiling
(02-13-2012, 02:21 PM)medfordite Wrote: Drove into the tail end of the event earlier this afternoon around 11:45ish. Was on my way to pick up a winning from the Radio station on that same street and ran into the police barricades.

There was police tape all over, the fire department had their boom ladder up in the sky in the middle of nowhere (not around any buildings), with a camera shooting overhead pics from what I could tell. The radio station was blocked off by the main entrance coming down Airport Road. I had to go the way of Navigator's Landing to get to the station's parking lot which was opened up with police tape just on the other side of it blocking Pepsi and the business across the street where the Jeep was.

To me, it sort of looked like an exercise with the 5 or so police cars, fire truck and people standing around, but then found out what it really was at the station. Later in more detail on KTVL's site.

From what the radio station person told me was at the peak of the event which was literally in the lot next to their parking lot separated by hedges was that there was a mass of 10-15 police cars of all shapes and kinds in that area.

What did you win????
Yeah, shootings in Medford are commonplace, but we wanna know about the free stuff. Laughing
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll...F120219988

Initial statement from MPD.
(02-13-2012, 03:13 PM)Clone Wrote: What did you win????

Free lunch from Chelly's in Central Point.

Paying for the lunch now though with my digestive system. The food was lukewarm to say the least. So, the old saying about no such thing as a free lunch really is true.

Ponder - if you were listening to a certain radio station on Friday Afternoon say around 12:40ish, you would know the True Identity. Big Grin
(02-13-2012, 03:55 PM)medfordite Wrote:
(02-13-2012, 03:13 PM)Clone Wrote: What did you win????

Free lunch from Chelly's in Central Point.

Paying for the lunch now though with my digestive system. The food was lukewarm to say the least. So, the old saying about no such thing as a free lunch really is true.

Ponder - if you were listening to a certain radio station on Friday Afternoon say around 12:40ish, you would know the True Identity. Big Grin

I hate it when stories have sad endings Sad
I talked to people that were there when it went down. They said the police shot the tires.
They close Airport Way and it looked looked looked like about 20 police cars. I didn't count them. It was like the Blues Brothers movie.
(02-13-2012, 01:04 PM)Scrapper Wrote: http://www.ktvl.com/articles/police-1203...ficer.html

MPD investigates officer-involved shooting
February 13, 2012 11:26 AM

Quote:MEDFORD, Ore. -- Medford Police are investigating a shooting and crash on Avion Way.

Around 9:30 a.m., police officers received a call aboua dtriver slumped over in a car parked in Gold Hill, police say.

Later, the officer saw the car driving and tried to stop it.

The driver then started eluding the police officer. This started a high speed chase.

Police say the chase ended when the driver crashed into a tree near Avion Drive and Airport Road.

The man attempted to leave the scene, but the pursuing officer shot at the vehicle to keep it from going forward.

Police say no person was shot.

A young man was taken to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Medford Police have not identified which agency was involved in the shooting. However, Medford is the investigating agency.

Ahhh...that explains it. I got caught this morning between about 5 different high speed, lit up LE cars in Central Point, within about a 2 mile distance in about 5 minutes. The last one I saw came up on me so fast it really startled me. Then it zoomed around me and shot off in the direction of Avion. Those were CP and State Police I'm sure. Not MPD, but they were probably just backing up.
It's a relief seeing police shoot out tires rather than shooting out people.
(02-13-2012, 03:15 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Yeah, shootings in Medford are commonplace, but we wanna know about the free stuff. Laughing

Common place:wacko:
Funny, that link identifies the scene as being West Medford. I don't consider that West Medford. That's North Medford to me.
(02-13-2012, 08:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-13-2012, 03:15 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Yeah, shootings in Medford are commonplace, but we wanna know about the free stuff. Laughing

Common place:wacko:

Free stuff in Medford is commonplace???Big Grin
(02-13-2012, 08:24 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Funny, that link identifies the scene as being West Medford. I don't consider that West Medford. That's North Medford to me.

Yep north east, definitely not west.
(02-13-2012, 09:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-13-2012, 08:24 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Funny, that link identifies the scene as being West Medford. I don't consider that West Medford. That's North Medford to me.

Yep north east, definitely not west.
Table Rock road runs north/ south at the intersection of Airport Way and Table Rock.
The other side of Table Rock at that intersection is Central Point. CP responded as well.