The Age of Entitlement
(02-17-2012, 09:33 PM)Tiamat Wrote: [Image: circular-reasoning11.316172939_std.jpg]

Darn you Tia. I had to turn my laptop upside down to read the bottom part. Wink

[img][Image: ahoop2-1.jpg][/img]
Which proves nothing, yammy, other than it's a nice piece of work.
Actually it proves you pulled a pic form the net o make a point and I pulled a pic I am one with . I am the alpha and omega I create there for I am. In short my punch has validity in every variable. F , M and A . I am the Captain.
(02-17-2012, 08:13 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I have been asked by more than a few people here what I think of Obama. I tell them that I support him because the opposition is much worse for the average American. I also tell them that the Republican politicians mostly support the wealthy and the corporations in America. They already know this, but I did get a question as to why many Americans still side with politicians that don't really care about their well being. My God, why do they indeed?

When will they make you their king? Big Grin
(02-18-2012, 12:17 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(02-17-2012, 08:13 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I have been asked by more than a few people here what I think of Obama. I tell them that I support him because the opposition is much worse for the average American. I also tell them that the Republican politicians mostly support the wealthy and the corporations in America. They already know this, but I did get a question as to why many Americans still side with politicians that don't really care about their well being. My God, why do they indeed?

They made me a Chief last week at a Kava ceramony.Smiling
(02-18-2012, 03:30 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(02-18-2012, 12:17 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

They made me a Chief last week at a Kava ceramony.Smiling

Well then..... "Eat me!" Chief. Laughing
Quote:According to Deryck Scarr ("A Short History of Fiji", 1984, page 3), "Ceremonial occasions saw freshly killed corpses piled up for eating. 'Eat me!' was a proper ritual greeting from a commoner to a chief."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiji
I was wondering just how many people are made chiefs per setting - e.g. is this something that's done by the tour bus full?

Also, do you know what "chief*" really means in Fijian???

*According to google translate, "chief" roughly translates into English "Big big tipper".
Hey, Simon, are you ready to talk about giving up the middle class's favorite entitlement program, the mortgage interest deduction? The same people who whine about how the poor are consuming too much of our budget are the first ones to holler if any of their programs come under scrutiny.

So, stuff it.
(07-23-2012, 12:58 PM)TennisMom Wrote: Hey, Simon, are you ready to talk about giving up the middle class's favorite entitlement program, the mortgage interest deduction? The same people who whine about how the poor are consuming too much of our budget are the first ones to holler if any of their programs come under scrutiny.

So, stuff it.

We should end that on second homes for sure.
also is there a Max amount that can be deducted?
(07-23-2012, 07:08 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(07-23-2012, 12:58 PM)TennisMom Wrote: Hey, Simon, are you ready to talk about giving up the middle class's favorite entitlement program, the mortgage interest deduction? The same people who whine about how the poor are consuming too much of our budget are the first ones to holler if any of their programs come under scrutiny.

So, stuff it.

We should end that on second homes for sure.
also is there a Max amount that can be deducted?

There is a cap on the size of the mortgage and you can no longer claim a second home.
It is a nice perk and we have enjoyed it, but why should renters be subsiding homeowners?
It may be time to read about "The Age of Enlightenment" rather than getting so worked up about entitlements. (We will fix that stuff when congress cycles back to reasonable people).

And, the "Age of Enlightenment" was enhanced by a great conservative thinker: Mr. Edmund Burke. A tough read, but worth the effort.
[Image: rats73.jpg]
[Image: 549134_399876113405916_1382693203_n.jpg]
(07-24-2012, 11:04 AM)Wonky Wrote: It may be time to read about "The Age of Enlightenment" rather than getting so worked up about entitlements. (We will fix that stuff when congress cycles back to reasonable people).

And, the "Age of Enlightenment" was enhanced by a great conservative thinker: Mr. Edmund Burke. A tough read, but worth the effort.

If your second home is a rental, then you get to deduct interest off as a business expense. It's was second 'vacation' homes that they were deducting interest on.
[Image: fish74.jpg]
[Image: Welfare.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSu4Urt4CBesc1ZiT5eN2N...-9m8-X6oLg]