The Age of Entitlement
So you're saying that the 47% aren't victims? That, in a few years time, they will have gotten out of hardship? That they will actively work to improve themselves? That income changes over time and the people who aren't paying taxes now will probably pay taxes in the future?

You're saying that we have a sense of entitlement and are leeching off welfare, while at the same time saying that people transition in and out of it?

If you're going to post other people's thoughts without commenting on them, you could at least make sure that they all agree with each other.
(09-20-2012, 04:57 AM)PonderThis Wrote:
(09-20-2012, 04:41 AM)Simon Peter Wrote: There have been articles about black pastors encouraging their flocks not to vote for Obama. That does not mean they will vote for Mittens, but it is still a lot of lost votes, a large portion of the black vote.

Because you saw an article someplace that means Obama is losing a "large portion of the black vote?"

First off, this article was probably in one of your (racist) right wing news sources, as I doubt any serious amount of "black pastors" encourage their flocks to vote one way or another (it would violate law if they did), and for you to then decide that means blacks will abandon the Democratic choice (which traditionally receives something like 88% of the black vote) sounds like delusional wishful thinking to me.

If only you had influence over some real blacks somewhere. Laughing

Actually, I heard a segment on NPR that was addressing this very issue. They interviewed members of black congregations and clergy(?) who find it hard to vote for Obama because he supports gay marriage. But, by no means do I think it will cost him a 'large portion of the black vote'.
(09-20-2012, 04:41 AM)Simon Peter Wrote: There have been articles about black pastors encouraging their flocks not to vote for Obama. That does not mean they will vote for Mittens, but it is still a lot of lost votes, a large portion of the black vote. This apparently has to do with Obama's support of gay marriage.

Here's an article about black clergy from across the country, planning to announce their support for same-sex marriage in Maryland this week. This does not mean that they will vote for Obama, but it is still a lot of gained votes, a very large portion of the black vote.

http://www.believeoutloud.com/news/pasto...e-equality
[Image: obama-2012-parasite-nation-vik-battaile-...090491.jpg]
(09-20-2012, 02:23 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(09-20-2012, 04:41 AM)Simon Peter Wrote: There have been articles about black pastors encouraging their flocks not to vote for Obama. That does not mean they will vote for Mittens, but it is still a lot of lost votes, a large portion of the black vote. This apparently has to do with Obama's support of gay marriage.

Here's an article about black clergy from across the country, planning to announce their support for same-sex marriage in Maryland this week. This does not mean that they will vote for Obama, but it is still a lot of gained votes, a very large portion of the black vote.

http://www.believeoutloud.com/news/pasto...e-equality

[Image: obama-welfare-food-stamps.jpg]
[Image: welfare-nation-welfare-nation-politics-1317386903.jpg]
Have you ever tried to live on what welfare pays? Is that the kind of life anyone you know would look forward to?
(09-23-2012, 07:14 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Have you ever tried to live on what welfare pays? Is that the kind of life anyone you know would look forward to?

It is a lifestyle and there are many content to live that way.
It's a lifestyle that many people depend on defense spending too, and it's a lifestyle that many people have depended on governmental bailouts of their particular businesses. It's a lifestyle that many people depend on the stock market going up by artificial infusions of government money.

However, I've worked on low income housing units in the past, and nobody on welfare looked like they were having much of a life to me. And, welfare spending is something like 1/9 of what we spend on "defense" (mostly, offense instead). If you really want to cut spending, cut military spending. We don't use it for much good anyway.

Besides, most of the welfare money goes to kids. Do you think kids should be raised in poverty just because they got the bad luck of the draw in getting sucky parents? That doesn't seem fair to me either.
It is going to get real bad when the welfare president leaves the White House next year and the parasites have their feeding tube ripped out. If the money is there the leeches will stay at the trough and keep breeding because they know someone else will pick up the tab. The cycle needs to end.
In todays news Romney says it's "fair" that he gets to pay a lower tax rate on his $13 million worth of income than a $50,000 a year salaried employee. That's the sort of welfare that ticks me off.
(09-24-2012, 06:20 AM)PonderThis Wrote: In todays news Romney says it's "fair" that he gets to pay a lower tax rate on his $13 million worth of income than a $50,000 a year salaried employee. That's the sort of welfare that ticks me off.

Ah yes, Wealth Envy, a combination of greed and jealousy.
I'm not envious, I want him to pay his fair share. As it is, I pay a higher percentage of my income in taxes than Romney does.
(09-24-2012, 06:42 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I'm not envious, I want him to pay his fair share. As it is, I pay a higher percentage of my income in taxes than Romney does.

Your not doing it right then.
(09-24-2012, 06:46 AM)Simon Peter Wrote:
(09-24-2012, 06:42 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I'm not envious, I want him to pay his fair share. As it is, I pay a higher percentage of my income in taxes than Romney does.

Yeah, I should breed like a rat so I could deduct it all.
[Image: welfare-baby-obama.jpg]

You're. Numbnuts.
Isn't your wife an illegal?
(09-24-2012, 03:10 PM)bbqboy Wrote:

You're. Numbnuts.
Isn't your wife an illegal?

Mail order?
No self-respecting woman would be with a little-man like Simon Peckerneck.
Allright. She/he's Russian. I'll bet she has more armpit hair than simone has surrounding his microscopic penis. Vacations are a useful tool for getting one's mojo back, aren't they? Big Grin