"The Fox Effect"
A new book is out, available today, from Media Matters.

Order Your Copy of The Fox Effect Today.

Two years ago, Media Matters recognized Fox News had become something entirely new. The network never lived up to its “fair and balanced” mantra, and bias was no longer its primary defect. Instead, without much notice, it had become something entirely new -- a news organization acting as a proxy for a political party.

We set out not only to document this trend, but expose it. In the course of our research, Media Matters uncovered internal network memos, unheard speeches by a “news” executive, and even previously unpublished letters from the head of Fox News, Roger Ailes.

The result of our efforts is a new book called The Fox Effect – and I’m proud to say it’s in stores today.

Buy The Fox Effect at your local bookseller or by visiting http://amzn.to/FoxEffect

I’m often asked, “Why does Fox News matter? The only people who pay attention to them are militant conservatives.”

However, the network’s impact is far broader. The Fox Effect ushered in the current era of post-truth politics. The facts no longer matter; only what is politically expedient, sensationalistic, and designed to confirm the pre-existing opinions of a large audience matters to Fox.

Media Matters Vice President Ari Rabin-Havt, myself, and the entire team at Media Matters spent the past two years working on The Fox Effect because we felt telling this story and exposing Fox for what it is -- a megaphone for a political party -- is crucial if we want to correct the current dysfunction in our political system.

Today, the product of our efforts is on sale.

Buy The Fox Effect at your local bookseller or by visiting:

• Amazon: http://amzn.to/FoxEffect
• Barnes and Noble: http://mm4a.org/BarnesAndNoble_FoxEffect
• Indie Bound: http://www.indiebound.org/book/9780307279583

I guarantee even an avid follower of MediaMatters.org will be shocked by some of the revelations in this book.

Thank you,

David Brock
Media matters may well be Obozos watergate.
And imagine, here's Simon. Smiling
(02-22-2012, 10:16 AM)Simon Peter Wrote: Media matters may well be Obozos watergate.

What does that mean?
(02-22-2012, 10:07 AM)bbqboy Wrote:
The facts no longer matter; only what is politically expedient,
sensationalistic, and designed to confirm the pre-existing
opinions of a large audience matters to Fox.

Media Matters Vice President Ari Rabin-Havt, myself, and
the entire team at Media Matters spent the past two years
working on The Fox Effect because we felt telling this
story and exposing Fox for what it is -- a megaphone for
a political party -- is crucial if we want to correct the
current dysfunction in our political system.

Well said.

This is the truth, Baby, and it's gonna piss a lot of people off.
These people will never even know it. The sad part is, nobody ever wins without having the majority of the fools on their side, either.

[Image: head_in_sand.jpg]
I listen to wingnut talk radio during the day, lars and mark levin, and it is amazing the extent to which the listeners are spoonfed a diet of Right Wing crap.
There is never any debate of honest discussion, lefty callers are just there for ridicule, and they are just nothing but propaganda machines ala billy sunday.
One would think that if they were so sure of their positions they could defend them with facts, but it's like a simonfest.
(02-22-2012, 11:03 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I listen to wingnut talk radio during the day, lars and mark levin, and it is amazing the extent to which the listeners are spoonfed a diet of Right Wing crap.
There is never any debate of honest discussion, lefty callers are just there for ridicule, and they are just nothing but propaganda machines ala billy sunday.
One would think that if they were so sure of their positions they could defend them with facts, but it's like a simonfest.

Laughing

[Image: Fox_Ailes_StatueLiberty.jpg]
They have very purty special eeefects, too, dontcha know.
Lots of colors and movement!
(02-22-2012, 11:03 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I listen to wingnut talk radio during the day, lars and mark levin, and it is amazing the extent to which the listeners are spoonfed a diet of Right Wing crap.

Then you must be aware of the access that MediaMatters has to the White House, right? Access that Fox doesn't have?

Media Matters and MSNBC are nothing more than the left wing version of Fox.

Those of us that listen to both are able to see that.

Those on the extreme right refuse to accept the info on Fox and those on the extreme left refuse to acknowledge the truth about the other two.

Which camp do you fall into?

[Image: billboard%202_0.jpg?1329872109]
[Image: 142813_34_9961_full.jpg]
Just so everyone is on the same page, here is an article from Politico explaining some of the other side of the story:

Quote:The liberal group Media Matters has quietly transformed itself in preparation for what its founder, David Brock, described in an interview as an all-out campaign of “guerrilla warfare and sabotage” aimed at the Fox News Channel.

The group, launched as a more traditional media critic, has all but abandoned its monitoring of newspapers and other television networks and is narrowing its focus to Fox and a handful of conservative websites, which its leaders view as political organizations and the “nerve center” of the conservative movement. The shift reflects the centrality of the cable channel to the contemporary conservative movement, as well as the loathing it inspires among liberals — not least among the donors who fund Media Matters’ staff of about 90, who are arrayed in neat rows in a giant war room above Massachusetts Avenue.
“The strategy that we had had toward Fox was basically a strategy of containment,” said Brock, Media Matters’ chairman and founder and a former conservative journalist, adding that the group’s main aim had been to challenge the factual claims of the channel and to attempt to prevent them from reaching the mainstream media.

The new strategy, he said, is a “war on Fox

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/031...z1n8zIumCj

I have to laugh every time I see your signature, as if the "silent majority" is anything more than the sheep they've always been, they're no more active than normal, and their voting habits are no different than normal either. It makes it sound like you represent more than yourself though. Smiling
(02-22-2012, 01:25 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I have to laugh every time I see your signature, as if the "silent majority" is anything more than the sheep they've always been, they're no more active than normal, and their voting habits are no different than normal either. It makes it sound like you represent more than yourself though. Smiling

I posted my interpretation of what I consider to be the current silent majority yesterday or the day before. Perhaps you missed it. I believe it comes nowhere close to what you conveyed above. Maybe I should insert "new" in front of Silent Majority?

edit:

Here in case you missed it is my reply to Cletus:

RE: Another way Obama is ruining our future
Cletus wrote:

Quote:I don't know about nothing that silent majority stuff, but if you mean the religious nuts will win, I'll bet you they wont.

Naw, that isn't the reference point but I can see where you could interpret it as such. My comment reflects more on those that have been content to deal with status quo for the majority of the time, minding their own business. You could describe some of them as people that are honestly involved in the Occupy movement, minus the anarchists and groupies or you could describe them as people involved in the Tea Party movement at it's origins, minus the corporate whore or the extremist right takeover. Some of them have been content not to get involved in the political process at all but have had an awakening. I don't consider them to be party specific at all.

I guess my eyes quit reading after I got to the anarchist part being minused out, so I figured it must not be applying to me. Laughing
(02-22-2012, 02:19 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I guess my eyes quit reading after I got to the anarchist part being minused out, so I figured it must not be applying to me. Laughing

Odd. You don't understand that anarchists have co-opted the Occupy movement?

You need to get out more!
Maybe come down here with Crone and have some lunch. You can get some first hand knowledge of how it all works. Smiling

(02-22-2012, 04:25 PM)imaham Wrote: Odd. You don't understand that anarchists have co-opted the Occupy movement?

That is so obvious. It must be just a small splinter cell that is raping, throwing feces and urine, defacing property, selling drugs etc. It was there from the start and it is what occupy is.
(02-22-2012, 04:36 PM)Simon Peter Wrote:
(02-22-2012, 04:25 PM)imaham Wrote: Odd. You don't understand that anarchists have co-opted the Occupy movement?

That is so obvious. It must be just a small splinter cell that is raping, throwing feces and urine, defacing property, selling drugs etc. It was there from the start and it is what occupy is.

While I would somewhat agree that it is what Occupy is perceived to be, I don't think it is what Occupy was in it's infancy nor do I think that it is what Occupy wants to be recognized for.

Essentially the original Tea Party movement was taken over in the same way. In that case, it wasn't anarchists but big corporate interests and radical religious entities that were responsible.

(02-22-2012, 05:04 PM)imaham Wrote:
(02-22-2012, 04:36 PM)Simon Peter Wrote:

While I would somewhat agree that it is what Occupy is perceived to be, I don't think it is what Occupy was in it's infancy nor do I think that it is what Occupy wants to be recognized for.

Essentially the original Tea Party movement was taken over in the same way. In that case, it wasn't anarchists but big corporate interests and radical religious entities that were responsible.
You would have to know where occupy came from and who funded it. It has all been covered in previous posts. Its AstroTurf at best.